[IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: Deadline

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Glyph

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Glyph »

Carman Black
HP: 1
Cnd: Injured -1

Almost as quickly as she had drawn it, her silenced pistol was returned to the holster on her hip.

”Sorry for rudely butting in there, but we really didn’t have time for your little debate, so as an impartial third party, I felt the need to mediate.” she said, directing the remark to Iona, ”I’m not trying to take command, but I have always considered myself a problem solver. I will happily listen to any lecture on morals and ethics you might have while we are getting the hell out of here, or submit a written complaint to the good Doctor.”

”Nothing against the old fellow, I’m sure he was a lovely man.” she said, regarding the nurse in the clutches of ‘Andrew’. ”Unfortunately we find ourselves in a complicated and hazardous situation, and he had become a problem.” she spoke calmly and very matter of factly as she approached the pair, meeting the nurse’s eyes with a cool gaze as she produced a pair of handcuffs from her belt.
”You’re not going to be a problem are you sir?”
OOC wrote:
Intimidation: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

Carman will attempt to handcuff the nurse, with the intention of carrying him out of here on her shoulder if she has to.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid(Police)

Diego didn't waste much time with Iona as he walked over to Jacob. "We did have an agreement. You and I. I am still in command of our operation. I will not see it compromised when we are so close to success. If you have a problem with what Carman did, you know who to talk to.", is all Diego says to the matter of the killing in a let's just get moving type tone. Diego shooting the old man would reflect back on Praetor Null and his cooperation agreement with Sokolov. One of Sokolovs own doing the deed was an internal matter as far as Diego was concerned. Upon arriving at Jacob, Diego looked at the man in crutches and slammed the butte of the gun into his head to knock him out.

"Now, about getting out of here. We'll need to sneak past the cop perimeter once surfacing, which should be easier than getting out of the hospital. If we need a distraction, I'll radio in the old man dead in the sewers.", started Diego looking at those still conscious/alive to gauge willingness at this point. "Once clear, we can each go our separate ways to finish our respective missions. Questions?", adds Diego in the same lets get it done tone. This physical form was starting to get annoying to keep. He wanted to get back in the van, to some motel, get the heart out, and return to his true form if even for a little.

Iona is going make trouble when we go to assassinate Anatasia., predicts Diego over the link to Peter.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0
Sorry for rudely butting in there, but we really didn’t have time for your little debate, so as an impartial third party, I felt the need to mediate.” she said, directing the remark to Iona, ”I’m not trying to take command, but I have always considered myself a problem solver. I will happily listen to any lecture on morals and ethics you might have while we are getting the hell out of here, or submit a written complaint to the good Doctor.
"We did have an agreement. You and I. I am still in command of our operation. I will not see it compromised when we are so close to success. If you have a problem with what Carman did, you know who to talk to."
To Carman, Iona says nothing. After Diego speaks, Iona pulls her tattered hoodie over her head and tightens it. "Then let's get out of here and get this over with...the sooner the better." she says coldly.

Though outraged, she ruminates quietly. To calm herself, she begins to go over the details of Jacob's medical procedure in her mind.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Peter grabs hold of the injured nurse and covers his mouth, but Jacob struggles. He swings his crutch around trying to his Carman as she gets closer. The weapon is unbalanced and his swings are frantic. Not trained. All the while his muffles screams reverberate into Peter's bandage wrapped hand. Then they are cut shot, and Ryan goes limp, after Diego strike his with the butt of a gun.

When Diego begins to look over the group, gauging everyone to see who else was at risk of compromising the mission was on he notices that someone was missing. Renly. As the commotion surrounding the old man and Jacob abated everyone comes to the same realization. The mercenary isn't standing amongst you any longer. A quick look around reveals that he's already a sizable distance down the tunnel and climbing up a ladder to the surface.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Carman Black
Cnd: Injured -1

At the realisation that Renly was rabbiting, Carman swore.
”You son of a bitch!”

She turned on Renly’s path and sprinted after him, reaching for her rifle.

”Don’t you dare Alister! You pull a runner on me, I swear to god I will put a bullet in your ass.”
Last edited by Glyph on Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego wasn't surprised Renly had ran. The man had been eyeing the group suspiciously for a bit and when Diego showed his true colours it probably sent the man over the edge. "If you need him alive, he's your problem to deal with so long as he doesn't comprise our escape. If you don't mind him dead, just shoot him and get it over with already or I can kill him. He's been nothing except suspicious and dodgy.", says Diego to Carman low enough for Renly not to hear.

While he didn't like to do it, but he knew what had to be done. Too much was on the line. Renly was a loose end and loose ends were risky. For all Diego knew, the man was secretly an undercover cop or something.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Deception Roll: Supernaturalist: 1D20+8 → 17(9 + 8). So, a 17.
As far as Diego can tell, Iona seems genuinely angry. Some of it may be towards him, but it's likely more is directed towards Carman. And though the female cyborg is not above retributive acts, her mannerisms at the present time do not betray any likelihood of atypical or volatile behavior. To the contrary, she walks over to Jacob and checks the area where Diego delivered a concussive blow to the head, so she seems to be back to her normal role of care-giving.

After taking a few moments to satisfy herself that Jacob is ok, she looks up at Peter. 'If you want, I can clear the old man's body from the wheelchair. He won't be needing it anymore. We could fold the wheelchair and I could levitate it through the manhole. We could then place Jacob in it so that you would not have to carry him. It's up to you."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"You want to finish the job, then it has to be just you and me. I'm not going anywhere with that group."

... Renly hollered back, in response to Carman's threat. He didn't stop moving though. While Carman covered half the distance to the mercenary, Renly had climbed his way out of the tunnel and up into the light of the surface.

Amidst the shouting, the conversation, and the splash of sewer muck as Carman bolted after the only person who knew where the item Dr. Sokolov wanted was, there is the sound of rushing water coming in the direction the groups had previously fled from.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Diego nods at Iona. "Hurry. The barrier has fallen.", said Diego more in command like his usual manner verses the one he had assumed as the cop. For now, he still kept the cop facade, but even that he was tempted to drop. Tempted, but not yet given into it.

Renly fleeing was a blessing, but they had to move fast. If he got picked up by the cops he would surely give the group up. While Peter and him weren't seen, it would create difficulties for Iona and travel to Singapore. Of course, there was the matter of pulling a wheel chair stretcher with an unconscious man through the streets and past cops, but one problem at a time."We need to hurry past the cops. At Renly's pace he is liable to blow our exit.", remarks Diego heading towards the sewer exit.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 3
COND: Normal

A final indignity, to the old man, but such would be this man's lot. Peter nodded to Iona. "That sounds good. Let's move fast then."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Iona

After Peter agrees with Iona's plan to use the wheelchair, she is in the process of pulling the old man's body off of it when a rush of water is heard down the distant tunnel. "We need to hurry! You go first! Get Jacob to safety!" After a quick glance back to Peter, she turns her attention back to the wheelchair. Pulling up on the seat, she contracts it.

She waits for Peter to lift Jacob up through the manhole, helping him as much as she can with the unconscious body. She follows Peter up the ladder, doing anything she can to support some of Jacob's weight and to make it easier for her comrade. Once up to street-level, she looks back down through the opening into the sewer. Extending her hand towards the folded wheelchair, she magnetically levitates it up to the hole and into her grasp.
OOC: I'm not sure if I need any rolls. Let me know if I do.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona waits, expecting Peter to carry Jacob, but it is quickly apparent that he can't even lift him off the ground after Jacob fell from his grasp following the blow Diego delivered to the man's head that knocked him out. Laying in the muck Peter struggles futile. He draws him about a foot, but even that is an ordeal. Iona, after collapsing the wheelchair, takes note of Peter's difficulties, and lends her equally mundane strength to the labor of moving Jacob. With their combined efforts they're able to drag Jacob another couple feet through the muck of the sewer. With a glance back down the tunnel, they can now see the flood of red- black water rushing towards them, eating up piping and portions of the sewer walls as it goes.

Having left Iona and Peter behind Diego follows after Carman. Looking back over his shoulder Diego can see his two companions struggling with Jacob's limp body. Though endowed with great power, that did not include physical strength. He could see the tide of acidic fluid rushing towards them now. If he was going to remain a solid, he'd have to push himself to reach the ladder and get to the surface.
OOC wrote:The only PC strong enough to carry Jacob is Carman. Peter cannot lift him by himself. Even working together Iona and Peter won't be able to carry him. They have 0 in Strength and Jacob weighs in the neighborhood of 200 pounds. It would take Diego, Iona, and Peter to physically carry Jacob. It would take a lot of maneuvering and coordinating between the three of you to get him up the ladder and through the manhole. You do not have time for that.

At this point you have two rounds to get out of the tunnel before the torrent of ooze reaches Iona and Peter's present location. You have 120 feet to traverse in order to get to the ladder leading to the surface. You may make Athletics checks with a DC of 15 to increase your movement speed by +1 rank.

Renly is already on the surface. Carman is near the base of the ladder. Diego is half way to the ladder. Iona and Peter haven't moved any significant distance.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 3->2

"Brilliant." Peter muttered before looking to the ground and slapping his hands down on the earth. In haste, he focused on the section of the ground among them and began to focus. Segregate that area and shift its position so...The piece of tunnel where Jacob, Peter and Iona were rose slightly up and began to accelerate on top of the remaining tunnel surface at a sudden fast speed towards the ladder.
Power Stunt: Groundshifting
Perception Burst Area Move Object 4 [800 lbs] Linked to Burst Area Affects Objects Flight 4 [500 feet per round]
Ok, it looks kind of clunky, but there's no straightforward Effect for what I'm trying to accomplish here. Perhaps if there was a Modifier for accelerating the speed of the Move Object...

HP to cancel fatigue.

This should allow us to move down the tunnel quickly.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Looking back, Diego saw Peter conjure a makeshift way to speed along. So, Diego tossed power caution to the wind since Renly was out of sight. Transitioning into his native form dropping the equipment he was holding, he quickly flies towards the ladder and rematerializes into a clunky, horrible solid form again of the cop with his hands on the ladder ready to ascend hopefully not into an array of guns pointed at him.
One round to go to mist form and fly to the ladder.
Another round to ascend. If any rolls are needed I can add them.
Supernaturalist

Iona

It becomes readily apparent that Iona and Peter's strength are inadequate to move Jacob toward the ladder. Just as Iona prepares her own powers in order to hold back the corrosive spill rushing towards them, the whole ground beneath her ripples and begins to move. She almost stumbles, caught off guard, but regains her balance as the concrete floor lifts Jacob, Peter, and herself up to the manhole cover over one hundred feet away.

She remains quiet, somewhat in awe of Peter's demonstration of power, until her group comes to rest near the ladder. "We'll still need help lifting Jacob through the manhole." She says, one hand on the wheelchair and the other on Jacob's shirt sleeve. "'If you wish, you can seat Jacob in the wheelchair and I can levitate it up to the opening. From there, you and Diego could pull him up. What do you think?"