For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: New Foundations

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0

Iona looks with an expression of puzzlement at the interior of this underground living space. She knows what many of the consumer items are, namely the board games, TV, and VCR. Yet she has no memory of engaging in these leisurely activities. No memory beyond the moment of her creation by Dr. Sokolov.

After a brief period of cognitive dissonance, she regains her composure as Peter descends through the tunnel he created. At his request to provide light, the female cyborg pauses to think for a brief moment. “Let me see if I can get the power activated. That will solve some of the inconveniences we face down here. Please wait here for just a moment.

Iona walks slowly into the generator room, her dainty hands moves along the generator as she familiarizes herself with the controls. Checking to insure that the device is full of biofuel, the attempts to activate it.
OOC: I’m not sure if I can do this, but she’ll attempt to start the generator before returning to Diego and Peter for a further conversation. Iona doesn’t have a way of creating light short of power stunting. Levi used to carry an LED flashlight around with him, but there’s no reason to assume that Iona would do so.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Mist

Response to this is before going down the hole as I imagine it took more than a minute for Peter to burrow.
"Then I'll wait until you decide to plant roots before I come to you. I still need to know where you are if I am going to rack my brain for useful information."
In his mind, Diego was still grappling with the unspeakable torture he had suffered due to his past negligence of keeping the others in line. All the pain and anguish still clouded his thoughts just as his new form was a cloud that frightened even the bravest of men when they could see him. Sanders was one of the few or possibly only one Diego even bothered making an effort to be human when not running a deception of some sort. It was in this state he seemingly forgot to convey the bases location. Of course, please forgive me. I am a bit distracted. We are exploring an old foundry, solid, but damaged from the first major battle in the city and attack by Doctor Impossible. The surrounding area is now the breeding ground of the homeless and it has since become a drug den possibly among other things. It seems even Stronghold has decreased its presence here, but I am not informed enough on the occupiers security forces. We are going to do further explorations. If I become unreachable I will reestablish contact as able., transmits Diego.
Returning to the bit in the base now.
As Diego floated about the shelter vanishing into shadows and reappearing almost subconsciously one thing became clear to him. This was in no way a military base or solid for military purposes. As a safe house, it could work. Absent someone betraying the location and entrance he imagined being able to seek shelter plus coordinate operations well enough. Still, it bothered him about the location. An abandoned underground subway station, stable enclave in the Under City, or even residence in the Jaguar controlled portion of the city would make for a safer base. If this spot was ultimately chosen, changes would need to be made to secure it and perhaps provide a back way in and out aside from any main entrance.

After meeting up with the others, Diego wasn't sugar coating his thoughts. "This sublevel provides sufficient concealment for us to operate as it seems the looters had not gotten to this place. I was not yet able to find an entrance Peter did not make though nor a security system of any kind. Regardless, it should go without saying we cannot advertise our presence here if we stay due to its insecure nature. Even utilizing the foundry above will draw undue attention to us if we are not careful.", starts Diego giving the preamble to his assessment.

"Supply lines will also need to be arranged if we are to keep the generator going or other arrangements will need to be made.", says Diego partly in response to Iona getting ti fired up again. "While you were likely just the twinkle in Sokolovs demented eye, previous safe places had been sabotaged by less cautious members of Peter and I's former group. So, precautions will need to be taken. Taking everything into consideration, I am still unsure of this location.", summarizes Diego.

Taking out the maps provided to him by Costa, Diego rolls them out onto the floor. While nothing special, he hoped they would provide some information to give him a better idea of what was around them even if they lacked the Stronghold movement knowledge of the area. If they settled at the base, Diego would see to the movements later. While waiting or the others to speak in reply to their view on the location, he took mental notes plotting them against the maps in his head.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Ward 3. It sounds like you already know quite a bit. Not sure how much more I can add. Ward 3 was a major industrial area. The lose really hurt us logistically. Stronghold sends in patrols into the area once or twice a day. Some parts of the Ward they have to go on foot, so they aren't inundating the place like most Wards. Intel suggests that Ward 3 isn't scheduled for reconstruction any time soon. At least six months. The entire Ward is without power and adequate water. There is also some kind of smog in the air that messes with drones and satellite surveillance. The Colonel once implied it had something to do with Praetor Null using a lot of their power during the fight with Doctor Impossible."

"Until you or Master Zanzo need me, I'll be on standby. Heard a few of the tech nerds were getting a game of Sentinels of the Multiverse going …"

The Corporal trails off at that point. Her tone suggested that she was debating how bored she was, and if it was worth enduring a group of nerds playing a card game about superheroes.

In the shelter Peter is fumbling and stumbling around unless Iona or Diego provide him help. For him, it is pitch dark. He can't see his nose in front of his face. Whomever is helping him at the time needs to describe what they see in order for him to get an idea of what the area and things in it are like. When Iona finds the generator, he is keen enough to get the old machine up and running. With generator operation, the shelter has power, and with power you are able to turn the lights on. This help Peter out immensely, granting him the opportunity to inspect the site with his own senses.

Which is fortunate, because Iona and Diego missed a couple things in their sweep of the fallout shelter. Back at the living quarters, in the hallway ceiling, Peter spots some irregularities that turn out to be a hatch with a pull-down ladder leading up into an L shaped tunnel. Aside from granting access to some interior maintenance areas it also leads to what was once the entrance of the shelter. A thick door with a rectangular clear window. Or rather, it was once clear. Not it is obscured by dirt. Peter estimates it would open up a under the foundry parking lot.

In addition to this, Peter finds a number of hidden compartments in floors and walls that only a thorough search from a keen eye would take note of.
OOC wrote:Peter would have suffered a -5 to his roll. However, Iona got the power running and you are able to turn the shelter's lights on. Thus negating the penalty. You find the entrance to the shelter, as well as Hidden Compartments (DC 20 Investigation to notice) a built in Feature for this site. Each room has at least one and their size varies. When you went through them they contained some personal effects (birth certificates, ID, jewelry, etc.), a light pistol, shotgun, and ammo for both guns.

Iona, make a Science check.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona

As Iona begins her walk back to the living room area, she turns on several light switches in order to get a better look at her surroundings. She takes off her burlap shawl and scarf and no longer concerns herself with hiding her face.

It has the self-contained utilities that we need: power, climate control, and running water. We'll need bio-fuel as well as a way to move out into the city without going in and out of the Foundry above.

Before she makes it back to the living room, she spots Peter inspecting the pull-down ladder. She walks up beside Peter and peers up the tunnel. "An entrance to the foundry? I wonder where it leads."

The tunnel keeps her attention only for a moment before she begins looking around the living room again. She speaks without looking at anyone in particular. "I like this location. We can transform the interior as we see fit. I'm not sure I like this access tunnel back up to the foundry unless it is well concealed. It could come back to haunt us."

As she begins to walk slowly around the room inspecting the tiniest details of the various objects lying about, she continues speaking to Diego and Peter. "There are a few issues that concern me and I'm sure I'm not alone. I think the foundry should largely remain untouched. Stronghold has ignored this area for a reason, they see nothing or no one important here. Perhaps we could strip a few parts and materials from it, but I don't think it should be altered in any way that looks sophisticated. That could draw unnecessary attention to us."

"As for entering and leaving the fallout shelter, would it be possible for Peter to construct a tunnel that leads to a concealed door in the sewers? We still need to use the cover of the underground to hide from Stronghold as we move about the city."

Stopping to pick up a game-box of checkers, she stares at it for a brief moment before continuing in her soft voice. "I can convert the largest bedroom and bath into a small infirmary, if you will allow me to have it. In time, I would like to find a trustworthy and capable citizen to be my medical protege. My ultimate goal is to train an eventual staff to help as well, but that will take even more time."

Putting the game-box down, she stares at Diego in particular. "For now, I shall entrust the internal security measures of the base to you. I do not see the need to import my own personal security measures as long as my private space, namely the infirmary, is not inappropriately violated."

She stops only to nod her head in approval of the shelter. "Yes, this should be a nice foundation from which to begin the eventual reconquest of Hadron City."
OOC: Ok, I'm gonna use the feature "gift" to have a basic infirmary. I'm not sure if that means there just is one, or if I have to do some minor work to create one. I assumed that it would take some work, so I added that to my IC post. If there is already an infirmary area, then I can go back and alter my post. As for favors, I would like to spend one to eventually get a medical protege (NPC). That will allow us to handle multiple patients as well as operate the infirmary if I have to leave. I have not decided how to spend the 2nd favor yet. I'll decide tomorrow after thinking a bit longer.
Expertise: Science Roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+15 → 25(10 + 15) The total is 25.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona and Diego both draw attention to the generator and the fuel issue. It occurred to Iona after some thought, however, that the shelter's greenhouse could be used to grow plants that could then be processed into the biofuel the generator needs. The equipment needed for this is on site, now that she thinks on it, and in the greenhouse. The people who planned the shelter must have had a sustainable energy and food system planned out. Something else she considers is the size of the greenhouse. It takes up the vast majority of the shelter space. Which makes sense if it was intended to supply food and fuel for the people who were expected to live here long term.
OOC wrote:You can potentially create your own fuel and grow food here, if you decide to keep the Greenhouse Feature. Because of how much space it takes up you will need to spend EP to increase the shelter's Size trait if you want to add additional Features (after adding in the 1 free Feature each of you get). Or, you could tear down the Greenhouse and have plenty of space. This is an intentional base building decision for you three to make.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

"I can seal the access tunnel if absolutely necessary." Peter responded to Iona, "And provided I have a blueprint to work with, I can produce a tunnel to the underground."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Hovering silently, getting a read on a floating cloud with a monotone voice that spoke in the same cadence regardless of his mood made him hard to read. It was good because he thought the whole idea of an infirmary before the base was fully staffed was ludicrous. Even once staffed, from a security perspective, it made little sense to share it with those outside the bases personal or loyalists to the cause. Peter and Iona had made up their minds on using the location though and Iona at least had the naive ideas still in her head about it already. Trying to change their minds would be a fools errand. Fortunately, the area provided natural barriers to being discovered by Stronghold. That and the undisturbed underground base provided a natural hidden nature that hadn't been yet disturbed.

"Stronghold does not have infinite resources. This area has been severely traumatized and even attempting to reform the area for their perverted uses would drain money that is better spent elsewhere. Even the patrols in this ward are reduced with drone use being difficult due to the haze. Since you two seem set on this location, if we are clever hiding our use of the foundry above could be achievable with sufficient deception either a chemical leak or new gang taking root here. Nothing major to draw the attention of Stronghold. Simply something to make them think nothing of increasing their patrols here would be sufficient.", begins Diego not betraying his disdain for the use of the location as a base.

Hovering for a moment to ensure no one says otherwise about using this location, Diego continues in the same monotone voice. "The creation of an entrance or tunnel either to the sewers or some location away from here would be required. Opening up to a group of homeless is not wise when leaving the location.", remarks Diego as if it was a given.

He shifted his particles around a bit for the exercise and addressed Iona head on. "Praetor Null has made it clear his wish for us to cooperate with Dr. Sokolov and by extension his minion. So, that is what we will do until given reason to do otherwise again.", continues Diego in his same monotone voice keeping up the matter of fact way of speaking. "Your work and assistance of whoever you deem to help is your business so long as the base is not compromised. An infirmary would be of no use though without a staff or patients and the current resources of the location do not lend themselves to requiring a staff. Patients I would also advise against unless they are known loyalists of Praetor Null or Dr. Sokolov. Work would need to be done and resources gathered first.", finishes Diego in his response.

"While Peter and I are continually proving ourselves to Praetor Null, we may be able to gather equipment needed or people to utilize the equipment. After are recent issues, we do not have as much favour with him as before though. If Sokolov could provide the mundane equipment, Peter and I could reach out to Praetor Null for people to utilize it. It should go without saying, but they to would be bound by Praetors Null command of cooperation.", adds Diego.

When Peter mentions locations for a secret entrance, Diego moves in a motion indicating he is talking to him. "Our usual aid should be able to help us in finding a suitable location.", is all Diego says in response.
Edited in a response to Peter I forgot to add.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

"I don't see any problem with your terms regarding the infirmary." Peter agreed. "Whatever happened before, going forward cooperation is important to the cause."
Games
Supernaturalist

Iona

The young cyborg looks thoughtfully at both Ascendants. Her seeming meekness contrasting sharply with their ominous, inhuman appearance. “I would be willing to ask my master for resources to aid our endeavors here. He seems to have warmed to me as of late, given my service to him. I wish to open an infirmary. The soldiers of Null, Sanders, as well as any loyalists to our cause might find healing here. I assume that in time the three of us will have our own soldiers and agents who might need medical care. It is best to establish it now, so that we have a group of competent care-givers when the time arises for their need.

She pauses a moment carefully considering how she might diplomatically convey herself. “The infirmary-staff shall be those of my choosing or assigned by Dr. Sokolov himself. As for base security, that I defer to Deigo and to you, Peter. I shall also make technology-requests of Dr. Sokolov that the both of you feel are essential. I have some requests of my own. If I were to make requests for our general benefit, what would you have me ask for?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"Peter and I's agents will be praetor Null's, not ours just like we are his. Any favour he bestows on us to utilize them for the utopia that is to come will be his to grant and ours to marshal wisely. As Peter and I both have said, your infirmary is to do with as you will with my only condition on acceptance being that it does not compromise the locations security. We are under orders as I trust you are to cooperate which includes not prying into matters that resulted in the previous incident as well as coming to a compromise on a joint venture.", says Diego without affectation of any kind. He was patient, but Iona with her naivete was starting to wear on him. Still, he had his orders.

Pausing for a moment, he considers the androids proposal. "Unless you have medical staff in mind or Sokolov has suggested any, I am sure Praetor Null has more than competent medics you can interview and screen as desired. They could be told to follow your directions and not go further than needed for medical treatment requirements. As for the security and rest of the staff, Praetor Null has experienced urban soldiers at his disposal who can fulfill the other functions as needed as well under the same orders of cooperation. They know similar to us not to betray Praetor Nulls commands.", says Diego offering up the best assurance he could muster. Hopefully, he thought, Dr. Sokolov had conveyed what violating Praetor Nulls commands meant.

"As for equipment, my concern is the security of the location as a base of operations complete with defenses lethal and non lethal. If the position is ever compromised, they will be invaluable in allowing time for evacuation. Whatever security system can be provided linked to the defenses is also requested. Together, they will provide a suitable protection so long as this location does not get out to Stronghold so they can marshal their forces against us. With Peters aid my only other request of a secret passage to a location away from here can be created. This passageway should be kept secret to all except the highest level of trust.", says Diego.
Not sure on how one would create internal defenses with conventional stuff, so I left that bit vague.

Diego is pitching as I mentioned in OOC. Null staffing, Iona getting the EP's, and two of the five points spent on security system and defense system. His free would be the secret entrance leaving out in the sewers or some place away from the base.
Supernaturalist

Iona

After Diego finishes speaking, Iona gives his words due diligence. A moment later she nods her head in affirmation and speaks softly back to the dark form before her. “I shall request of my master the equipment necessary for an internal security system complete with alarms, locks, and digital monitoring technology. I shall also request of him the weapons technology necessary to defend the compound against all but a determined Stronghold assault. This equipment will be handed over to you to be organized as you see fit. The remaining technology requests will be more for my personal use. I shall need materials for the construction of an infirmary, laboratory, and modern library to house technical data. I realize that Peter also deals with complex technical issues and could benefit from having a repository of science and engineering information. When requested, Peter may also access the library and store any information there that he wishes.

She stops speaking for a brief moment to raise her chin as well as her voice slightly. “…but I insist on having infirmary staff provided by Dr. Sokolov. I shall treat any member of our cause without prejudice, but for now having medical personnel bestowed to me by my master *alone* sets my mind at ease. In time I may be more trusting, but not at present.
OOC: Ok, I think this is how it works out. I use one Favor for 5 EP. Spending them I get Security System, Defense System, Library, Infirmary, and Laboratory. The Security System and Defense System go to Diego to install/setup, the Infirmary and Laboratory are mine to setup/use, and the Library use is split between Peter and I.

The second Favor is used to get some form of medical staff (human or maybe even robot) from Dr. Sokolov.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

If he still could breathe Diego would hav sighed. As it was though a cloud of nanites doesn't breathe. "Requesting Praetor Null divert resources to staff a base his own people and provided staff have restricted access to for vital locations such as a laboratory is not a request I can make without expecting to be punished. If this is to be a joint venture, trust will need to be extended by both sides. Peter and I have already agreed to manage the infirmary as you see fit with people supplied by Sokolov or Praetor Null. While Peter has his own voice, I can say that if a request will be made to Praetor Null from me for people to manage this location they will need access to any laboratory or library without being encumbered by having to ask for permission continually.", says Diego in his usual bluntness when not trying to manipulate people.

"I would remind you that while Peter may have attempted to infiltrate Sokolovs network for information, you tried to steal information on Ascendants. On top of that, you also attempted to get me to betray and lie to my master. If trust is an issue you cannot get over, you should ask Sokolov for support staff or for protection to have peace of mind if Praetor Null provides the staff. I will not ask Praetor Null to waste his resources to staff this location's security plus vital support functions such as the green house only to get a secure location for his people in return. He already has those locations.", continue Diego reiterating his point. Null was already not too happy with Peter and him. Diego didn't want to come hat in hand begging for help with little return on the help.

Pausing for effect, he continued. "If we hope to win, we need to work together. Second guessing and not trusting each other to obey orders of cooperation is counter productive.", finishes Diego. His line in the sand had been drawn. It now in Ionas court to make the final choice.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Once again Iona takes in Diego’s words, standing silently for an uncomfortably long time.

My master expects me to work with you, that much is true. I have stated my concerns regarding my own privacy. I’m sure that you have the same concerns. We have no choice, I suppose, but to make do the best we can. Our Cause is going to require that of us. At some level there must be trust even if that trust is not complete.

So the question is ‘How do we best use our resources?’ There is another way, different than my initial sentiments. That is if you would be willing to entertain the idea.”’

She pauses for a moment before offering her proposal. “I could ascent to Praetor Null’s staff running the entirety of the complex. In return, I shall request that state-of-the art security droids be provided by my master. These will be responsible for policing the entire complex. Additionally, I shall request the resources necessary to enlarge our compound, add an infirmary, workshop, laboratory, and install a centralized security and defense system.

Alternatively looking from Peter to Diego, she continues “I hope this will demonstrate my willingness to cooperate, and furthermore my commitment to seeing our revolution succeed. Does this please the both of you? And if not please, then do you at least find it acceptable?
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

"That is more than than acceptable." Peter assured Iona. "If it helps, I can install an airgapped computer in the infirmary so it will remain for your personal private use."
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Iona and her paranoia was going to be a liability. There wasn't anything to do about it though given the direction they had received. He just had to hope she would get over it. "Whatever would make you feel safe and makes this a true joint venture is acceptable. Until we have more secure communications, whoever is brought in will need to communicate over secure comms or other means to the outside. One wrong message could be traced back here making all this work pointless.", says Diego resigned to the situation. Now he and Peter had to go to Praetor Null asking for people he could utilize for other purposes.