For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:2
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

The young cyborg winces as she prepares to exert a strong magnetic influence on one of the metallic objects hovering in front of her. I must see Doctor Sokolov immediately for maintenance upon my return.

Originally, she considers sending all objects under her control in a mighty blast at the tunnel opening, but Peter's presence there rules that out. Instead, she waits until one of the mysterious forms approaches Peter at the entrance. She then accelerates a lone object, a metal retractor, to high velocity down the tunnel at a single lumbering form.
OOC: Ok, I'll assume that the -2 is both to my offensive bonus and my damage effect. So, here's my roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+6 → 18(12 + 6). So, a total of 18. With the -2 to damage effect, it will be a rank 5 damage effect.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

From the far side of the room four of the freakish figures stop, take wide legged stances and lean forwards. As they do the cords of intestines dangling from their mouths animate and lash across the room to strike at Diego. As the bile smelling cordage draws close he can see that they have small mouths and barbs on their surface. He gets a close look at a couple of them as they whip past his face, but Diego moves with inhuman reflexes, avoiding the attacks.

The rest of the monstrosities rush past Diego and plunge into the tunnel where Iona and Peter yet remain. Iona is ready for the assault, or at least she is primed to get the first blow in. Launching the retractor at a bony and bloody body with the extended snout of a hold and raw exposed muscle everything, the Creature staggers back a step under the impact. Then it open's it's mouth and shrieks at Iona before diving past Peter and at the cyborg. Peter finds himself mobbed by a mass of bodies and cannot hold them back. Many get past him, pushing, clawing, crawling, and climbing over him and the walls to get at Iona.
OOC wrote:I am going to say that Iona has Readied an Action for when the Creatures come into view. When one coms into view her Attack triggers. Iona's -2 is applied to her Power's rank (Damage in this case). Not her Attack bonus. Her roll ends up being a 20, which hits. The Creature makes it's Toughness check though.

Two Creatures attack Diego from range, while the other two Aid them. Both attacks are misses.

The other eight Creatures rush into the tunnel, swarming over Peter and Iona. While they do not get an attack in, you're surrounded in a tight space and cannot maneuver or withdraw without thinning their numbers by half first. Both Peter and Iona get 1 HP.

It is now Peter's turn.

Initiative Order
Iona
The Creatures (x12, Minions)
Peter
Diego
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 3->2
COND: Fatigued

And their swift assault prevented Peter from completing the cover. Instead, he made a hail of stalactites burst down from the roof of the tunnel to impale the monsters menacing him and Iona.
Power Stunt: Close Selective Area Damage 10, HP to remove Exhausted condition.
Dodge DC 20, Toughness DC 25/20
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Spears of dirt turned to stone lance down, crisscrossing the cramped confines of the melee. It is a sudden an violent hail of death that descends on Peter's foes. A couple manage to evade death but the bulk of the mob spout or gore as their malformed bodies are wrecked with multiple penetrations. When the earthen spears dissolve after the attack the impaled slump down the ground, immobile and oozing their fowl fluids. Two remain standing near Iona and Peter. They do not appear detoured.
OOC wrote:Peter's attack kills 6 of the 8 Creatures attacking him and Iona. You two are no longer affected by the restricted movement Complication I mentioned previously.

Diego does not get to act during this Surprise round. We are back to Iona.

Initiative Order
Iona
The Creatures (x6, Minions)
Peter
Diego
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:3

The sudden eruption of stone spikes startles Iona just as much as the rapid onslaught of malformed humanoids. Once again, she cannot help but be impressed with Peter's display of power. When the deadly stalactites retract, she still sees two of the abhorrent creatures remaining. Seeing an opportunity to learn just as much as destroy, he relaxes her magnetic influence on the medical utensils floating in front of her. They all drop to the ground at her feet.

I wonder how one of these creatures will react to this.

She levitates herself - almost imperceptibly - a few inches off the ground and extends her right hand. The electric field she creates between her hand and the nearest abomination strips electrons both from the creature and the very air between them. Just as quickly as she creates this static imbalance, she cancels it. The result is a loud pop and a flash of blue-white light as an electro-static discharge sends energy flowing through the nearest enemy.
OOC: Here's my attack roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+8 → 27(19 + 8). Hmmm...I've been rolling abnormally good lately. I'm wondering how long this can last. My roll is a 27. Since the damage effect of my Ranged Electrical Blast is at -2, the effect will be a rank 10 damage effect on one creature.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The energetic bolt of blue-white electricity strikes Iona's target: an unnaturally plump and bloated creature with tentacle like fingers and three fanged mouths on it's face. The monstrosity jolts under the shock, the convulse for a handful of seconds as it slumps to the ground. Smoke rises off of it. Portions of it's body show burns and even char marks. It smell even worse than before. Like the beginnings of a chemical fire.

Outside the tunnel, in the morgue where Diego stood alone against four of the monstrous things, his attackers press their assault. While two of them continue to jab and slash at him with their intestine-tentacles the others rush at him. Swinging over muscles limbs. Eventually the two at a distance distract him enough that one of the others is able to stab a handful of sharp claws into her center mass.
OOC wrote:I have been ruling that using a ranged attack to attack into melee gives the target Partial Cover. Even with that Iona hits and fries her victim.

Peter is attacked by the Creature still near to him and Iona. It hits. Make a DC 22 Toughness check.

Two Creatures attack Diego, and two Aid their attacks. One hits. Make a DC 22 Toughness check.

Peter, Diego, and Iona, you are up. You may act in any order.

Initiative Order
Iona
The Creatures (x5, Minions)
Peter
Diego
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1->0
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Liquid

Diego mumbled when he got hit. He made have been made with super science plus something from outer space maybe, but he still didn't like the inconvenient creations of it. Back at the lab of Sokolov where they broke him out, there was things that baffled his mind. It was a pity they never got to examine that tablet for more information. Part of Diego suspected these creatures were of Sokolov's doing or something that was found he was meant to kept safe. Right now, it didn't matter though.

His human disguise melted away to a standing vaguely humanoid black more solid liquid body. "If you creatures weren't so ravenous you might have made a useful distraction.", remarks Diego. "I would have even been inclined to let you devour this hospital so long as you didn't get in the way of the person we are after. Now though, you must go.", adds Diego as he calmly extends out both his black liquid arms and swings them at the creatures.
Toughness 24
Using Weaponized Body: Damage 7(Strength Based, Extras: Accurate 2, Variable 1, split attack) with elongation for 250 ft range
Power attack of +1/-1
Using the HP for an heroic feat of takedown until the end of my next turn
Taking 10 for 21 to hit and DC 24 toughness if it hits
Supernaturalist

Iona

As the ozone dissipates in the aftermath of the large electric spark, Iona gently returns to the ground. She pauses only for a split second to confirm that the smoldering mass of flesh in front of her is indeed incapacitated.
"If you creatures weren't so ravenous you might have made a useful distraction.", remarks Diego. "I would have even been inclined to let you devour this hospital so long as you didn't get in the way of the person we are after. Now though, you must go.", adds Diego as he calmly extends out both his black liquid arms and swings them at the creatures.
Would you feel the same way concerning the citizens of Hadron City? She muses as she walks slowly towards the electrocuted creature lying prone in the middle of the tunnel. The thought is merely a rhetorical question. Still, this one might have an answer; and it is one that Iona would rather not contemplate at the present time.

Peter and Diego appear to be slaughtering the rest of these poor, miserable wretches. What on Earth are they?

She kneels down careful not to touch...at least not at first, she glances over them attempting to discern some taxonomical way of classifying them. Are these...altered humans? Perhaps altered in ways similar to that beast, Hitori?
I'm not certain whether this would fall under Expertise:Science of Expertise:Biotechnology. They both have the same rank for Iona. I'd like to discern as much as possible from a cursory inspection. Here's my roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+15 → 35(20 + 15). You're not gonna believe it, because I don't...a natural 20. I think everyone (except Sakuro of course :lol: ) should start using Rolz as their die-rolling website.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2
COND: -1 [Heal in 10 rounds],Fatigued

Peter brought up a barrier too slowly and the creature tore through the forming matter with enough force to leave a cut on his arm. Peter generated new spikes and launched them at it.

Diego's words disheartened him. He'd learned the necessity of certain dirty acts for their duty, but Diego's pragmatism had turned into a complete lack of empathy. If they completely lost sight of human life, what this cause was for... And just as unpleasantly, Iona had seemed to forget they were being attacked and decided to perform an examination.

"We're in a fight Iona - study later!"
Toughness: 1d20+12 20
Power Attack -2/+2: Take 10 on attack for a total of 18, Toughness DC 27.
Games
Supernaturalist

Iona
"We're in a fight Iona - study later!"
The young cyborg looks up through the smoke rising from the half-cooked corpse. She frowns as she stands up and takes several large strides to the mouth of the tunnel.

As she approaches the opening, she sees one of the putrid things assaulting Peter. Her left palm extends out of the tunnel, aimed vaguely at the creatures face. There is a resounding "Snap!" as a bright flash goes off right into the creatures eyes.
Ok, I'm using “Spark Flash” – Cumulative Ranged Affliction 12 [Resist by Dodge, Fortitude to Remove; Impaired, Disabled, Debilitated; Limited to Visual]. Here's my roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+8 → 20(12 + 8). So, a total of 20.
EDIT: I just realized that I'm at a penalty to effect, so it's a rank 10 affliction instead of 12.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

DIego's black blades lash out at the freakish things assaulting him at close range. Though he hits his mark, and even cuts deep gashes into his target, it does not fall. Fowl smelling dark green ichor oozes forth, thicker than blood. The Ascendant's foes are not idle. They leap and jump in animalistic attakcs, manuvering around him while others continue to lash at his from a safe distance. Eventually Diego is looking one way when attack comes from the opposite direction and twisted screw like claws strike into his liquid mass as a flash goes off from the tunnel. Behind him Diego hears one of the Creatures shriek.

Back in the tunnel Iona assume Peter and Diego have things handled. Or maybe her curiosity gets the better of her. She crouches down to take a look at the victim of one of her attacks. Before she can get a proper look at the malformed humanoid creature Peter scolds her for getting distracted. So he returns to a full standing posture and raises a hand to direct an attack at the thing assailing Peter. But the Ascendent of Creation takes came of his foe himself, launching an earthen spike through the things head in a splatter of gore. So Iona redirects her efforts tone of the monsters attacking Diego. There is a flash of light, and this is when Diego hears the shriek behind him.
OOC wrote:We will save Iona's Science check. If she inspects the Creatures this scene I will allow it to be used them. But if you wait until after this scene it will be wasted.

Diego hits his target, but the Creature makes it's Toughness check. Takedown does not trigger.

Peter's attack hit, and the Creature dies.

Iona was described as targeting the Creature attacking Peter, but Peter took it out. So I will have Iona target one of the Creatures attacking Diego. Her attack hits. It is now Blinded.

The remaining Creatures continue their assault on Diego. The two at range serving to Aid the ones in melee. One hits. DC 22 Toughness check for Diego.

Back to the PCs. You may act in any order.

Initiative Order
Iona
The Creatures (x4, Minions)
* Creature #1 Blinded
Peter
Diego
Supernaturalist

Iona

Satisfied that one of the abominations attacking Diego is temporarily blinded, Iona glances left then right. Her eyes search for a metal object -something larger than surgical instruments. She catches sight of a metal-stretcher in one corner of the room. Taking a half-step forward to get a better view, she waves the object towards one of the other creatures still attacking Diego. Simultaneously, she slowly closes her fingers -almost into a fist. The stretcher begins to warp around one of the monsters, bending into a metallic pretzel about its arms and legs.
Ok, I'm not sure if the appropriate metal object is available. If not, I'll spend a HP to have one in the room. Just let me know if I need to spend it. I'm also using "Magnetic Snare", Ranged Affliction 12 [1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized ; Extras: Alternate Resistance "Dodge" (+0/r), Extra Condition (+1/r), Ranged (+1/r), Subtle 1 (+1pp) ; Flaws: Limited to "2 degrees" (-1/r), Limited "toughness of metal objects used" (-1/r)]. My affliction effect will once again be rank 10 instead of rank 12. Here's my roll: Supernaturalist:1D20+8 → 18(10 + 8). So, an 18.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 0
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Mist

It was tough to tell which annoyed Diego more. Peter having to tell Iona to not stop in the middle of a fight to examine a corpse or getting hit again. Given that his liquid form absorbed the hit without issue, it was likely the former. Diego knew Iona was a liability. If she proved to be a bigger liability than he imagined, steps would need to be taken in future plans to remove her from combat if possible. While certainly capable, if she was so easily distracted she could be the undoing of the team. Praetor Null would of course be told of this in the after action action report, but as a note as Diego suspected she shared the cowardice and selfishness of Dr. Sokolov. So, he was likely to insist she stay on the team.

Now was the time to finish off these creatures though. Stretching out his arm, Diego made another slicing motion at the creatures heads. "If you can try to keep one alive and constrained. It will make a useful diversion for the Stronghold personal who are likely in the hospital if it is not already fully infected.", says Diego to the others.
Toughness 26
Same deal as before with the take 10, Power attack +2/-2 for DC 25 toughness. I think the take down advantage is gone now since the text says end of your next turn.

Edit: it's a 20 to hit
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2
COND: -1 [Heal in 9 rounds],Fatigued

At least Iona could take a hint. Peter moved into the room and sent a spike at another of the creatures.
PA -2/+2: Take 10 for total of Toughness DC 27.
Games
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego cleaves the head from one of the of the creatures in one deft movement. As the head rolls free ofit's malformed neck and shoulders a gout of black ichor blooms upward, splashing on the ground and nearby equipment. While two of the things were near Diego, now that they have been dispatched Iona and Peter have to leave the tunnel in order to see the source of the ranged attacks, which are two freakish bloated things on the far side of the room. Or nearly so.

Endeavoring to get a live specimen either for study or for Diego's planned diversion, Iona reached out her magnetic field projectors to manipulate a metal table. Lifting it into the air he throws it into one of the things that attacked her group. Upon impacting with it's body the table whines as the metal warped and wraps around Iona's chosen target. While it is initially held in place, after some struggling it breaks free. Leaning forwards and waving flopping it's intestine around it leans forwards and delivers a beastial roar

A couple steps behind Iona Peter rushes into the morgue where the battle had shifted to center on now. With an effort of will and a flicker of his wrist he directs his hand towards one of the monsters. In response an earthen spike sails at the thing. Wither a jerk it staggers back, arms wind milling, before falling tot he ground motionless.

Amidst this flurry of action the blinded creature thrashes about, bumping into tables and chairs. Knocking things around the room. It's limps flail wildly. While Iona is distracted with trying to restrain her target blind creature slams into her. Once it makes physical contact, and knows where she is, it begins battering at her with arms covered in mouths that try to bite into her.
OOC wrote:Yes, Takedown only lasts the one round.

Iona are going to have to use Move Actions to get line of sight on some of these things. I will assume they do, even though you did not mention it.

Iona Snares her target and it becomes Defenseless and Immobilized.

Diego's attack hits and kills his target.

Peter's attack hits and his target goes down as well.

The Snared Creature breaks free on it's turn.

The Blind Creature flails around and hits Iona. DC 22 Toughness.

The PCs are up. You may act in any order.

Initiative Order
Iona
The Creatures (x2, Minions)
* Creature #1 Blinded
* Creature #2
Peter
Diego