For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 0
CND: fatigued
Form: Morphed

While awaiting Ionas response, Diego looks over to Peter. "It will also be wise to let Iona know that any human in my proximity will be exposed to toxins. I do not know who she might have with her.", adds Diego.
Yeah, realized I forgot to add this in my last post.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

"There isn't anyone that I've been informed of. Reaper's been keeping watch down there." Peter explained before considering. "But we don't know if she would be harmed by exposure, or for that matter if there are any other humans on this floor." Peter began forming a set of HAZMAT wear, albeit to keep the chemicals in, not out. "There's two hours before the storm hits. Put these on and get yourself to a decontamination shower."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:1
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
"Diego has arrived with the gem. We''ll both be coming down.
Iona is working behind the main computer-console when Peter contacts her. Almost immediatly her soft, calm voices replies.

"Peter, I hope you'll not take this the wrong way, but Diego must come down alone. Reaper is already here, so he already has a powerful ally to protect him. Once the Colonel is revived, he'll have even more potential force on his side. As for you, Peter, you are simply too great a threat to the electronic security of the laboratory. You have already seen much of the Doctor's technology."

Iona pulls up a camera feed of the first level waiting area. "When the three of you arrive please have Diego take one of the metal chairs from the waiting area and place it in the elevator. Tell him to have a seat in it; I'll explain why once I'm convinced that he's come alone. This is for his own good as added security measures have been taken just in case diplomatic efforts fail. I know it sounds strange, but he'll have to trust me on this one."

She pauses for a moment to insure that her request is heard and understood. "For what it's worth, you and Diego and I are on the same team...even if we do not exactly follow the same master. I wish to speak to Diego about...well...the circumstances of the Cause to which we are all committed. I know that both of you have little affinity towards me and perhaps even less to Dr. Sokolov, but please tell Diego to hear me out before condemning me."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"There isn't anyone that I've been informed of. Reaper's been keeping watch down there." Peter explained before considering. "But we don't know if she would be harmed by exposure, or for that matter if there are any other humans on this floor." Peter began forming a set of HAZMAT wear, albeit to keep the chemicals in, not out. "There's two hours before the storm hits. Put these on and get yourself to a decontamination shower."
Diego nods at Peter. He had to trust that Peter knew his timing. When it came to decontamination, Diego pretty much only knew military protocols generally taught to all soldiers. From what he had been taught, they didn't take too long. "So long as Colonel Costas will not be put in danger, I will do it. Iona getting affected is a casualty I am willing to accept if it means Costas survives. For that matter, contaminating this whole facility at the cost of saving Colonel Costas is a trade off I will accept.", simply says Diego with all the emotion of someone saying toast is toasted. On this topic, he didn't feel like even pretending to care.

Colonel Costas and protecting knowledge of Ascendants was his mission objectives. Even using this possible house of Dr. Sokolov horrors again was not a concern so much. The thought of bringing more possible victims to the mad narcissistic scientist base never even crossed his mind. All it would take is one possible patient to try the elevator and they will end up dead much like his previous teammate. After getting decontaminated, assuming time permitted it, Diego made his way to where his comm link was stashed so he would no longer need to rely on using Peter as a relay. Words needed to be precise and relaying words lost meaning in the best of cases.
I will give EnigmaticOne a chance to pass along Ionas message as he is able. No rush on doing it tonight as rest is more important than this game.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
Supernaturalist wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:21 pmIona is working behind the main computer-console when Peter contacts her. Almost immediatly her soft, calm voices replies.

"Peter, I hope you'll not take this the wrong way, but Diego must come down alone. Reaper is already here, so he already has a powerful ally to protect him. Once the Colonel is revived, he'll have even more potential force on his side. As for you, Peter, you are simply too great a threat to the electronic security of the laboratory. You have already seen much of the Doctor's technology."

Iona pulls up a camera feed of the first level waiting area. "When the three of you arrive please have Diego take one of the metal chairs from the waiting area and place it in the elevator. Tell him to have a seat in it; I'll explain why once I'm convinced that he's come alone. This is for his own good as added security measures have been taken just in case diplomatic efforts fail. I know it sounds strange, but he'll have to trust me on this one."

She pauses for a moment to insure that her request is heard and understood. "For what it's worth, you and Diego and I are on the same team...even if we do not exactly follow the same master. I wish to speak to Diego about...well...the circumstances of the Cause to which we are all committed. I know that both of you have little affinity towards me and perhaps even less to Dr. Sokolov, but please tell Diego to hear me out before condemning me."
"It will just be Diego and I. Diego insists I come with him, although since he needs a decontamination shower for this hospital's sake, this debate can come later."

Peter passed the other message over the network for Diego. *She on the other hand, considers me too much a risk to come down. Regardless, when you or both of us are ready, take metal chairs from the waiting area to the elevator and sit down. She says it's necessary because of added security measures. We'd have to trust her. And she wants you to hear her out on her perspective on the Cause. Think it over while you have that shower.*
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

There is no trust involved. We either comply or she kills Costas and the City. Her cowardice will doom us all if we do not handle her appropriately., replies Diego over the link. Dr. Sokolov was predictable. He was blunt with his ultimatums and most actions seemed to stem from his superiority complex only tempered by Praetor Null. Iona was weak in will and had to be treated as such.

Switching on his comm link, Diego makes sure Iona can hear him. "Do not insult us. You know full well that your demands come with the threat of the destruction of Hadron City and Colonel Costas, the right hand of Praetor Null. By complying with your demands, we are not trusting you. We are trusting the insecurity inherent to who you are displaying to not be destroyed by Preator Null if you threaten the life of his Ascendants. You have already violated his commands of not collecting additional information on his Ascendants, for which you will be punished in some form no doubt. If you did not have Hadron City and Colonel Costas as a hostage, that would be enough to not trust a word you say.", begins Diego over the comms. His tone isn't harsh or soft. It just is.

"I will hear no words from you regarding anything other than the safety of Colonel Costas and by extension Hadron City while you keep us and the city under threat. By expelling Peter, violating Praetor Null's commands, making plans against us so flagratnly, and insist on needless security you have shown your only cause is protecting yourself. This fittingly makes you lower than your master who at least can be counted on to be trusted as suits his will. Dr. Kripke saw the results of this and paid with his life when breaking a condition of Dr. Sokolov despite it being for good intentions most likely. Time is limited and any negotiations with you will doubtless be fruitless. One cannot negotiate with a coward.", continues Diego. He lets the words speak for themselves without tone or inflection of any kind.

"So, I make you a promise instead. If you allow Peter and I to come down unfettered, we will not wage war on you and plead for mercy to Praetor Null or Dr. Sokolov on your behalf when your transgression against Praetor Null is discovered. Peter is essential to ensure you do not violate Praetor Null's commands further. In addition, I will give you a chance when a figurative gun is not pointed at Hadron City or Colonel Costas to explain whatever you like. If you insist on only me coming down, clearly we will need to comply. Once Colonel Costas is recovered and Hadron City is secured, that will be the end of any interactions between my team and you unless ordered by my master. You will not get to explain anything and if we meet again on ground you have not fortified, I cannot personally guarantee what my team and I will do.", sends Diego this time with mixed carrot and the stick sort of tone.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona listens patiently as Diego berates her. After he finishes, she waits a moment in order to insure that he has said all he wishes to say. Though her voice is synthetic, it sounds natural…human. She calmly and softly speaks.

Diego, The Colonel is quite safe here. I have never intended to harm her. To the contrary, I have invested my thoughts and efforts heavily into her survival. Please allow me to make a counter-offer – one that I feel is quite more to your liking. If you will come down to speak briefly with me in private, then upon your exit, I’ll take you to the storage-facility where the samples are kept and you may leave with them.

Stopping momentarily to clarify her thoughts, she then continues, “…but Peter must remain above. I would rather you bring Hitori even though he is more of a physical threat. It is impossible to keep Dr. Sokolov’s technological secrets from him due to his new Ascendant-nature, and he has seen much already. If you do not like this counter offer, then I can only see two other possible alternatives. One, I can allow Reaper to bring the Colonel up to you and then all of you leave. From there, Praetor Null must communicate with Dr. Sokolov in order to negotiate a resolution to the collected nanite-samples. Or two, you’ll be forced to assault the facility, which I feel is the worst of all possible scenarios for everyone.

Again she pauses to rapidly evaluate other options. “Please…I beseech you. We are all concerned about the same cause. Give me a small audience with yourself and the samples are yours to take if you wish.”’
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Iona was either extremely naive, playing an unseen angle, really desperate, or just plain stupid. The latter didn't seem likely. She was clearly a hostile to the city based on her actions and words putting the whole city in danger so she could say something. It wasn't as if there was a choice though. Maybe she sincerely believed her message would get through if given with the city under threat and Colonel Costas life on the line. If she did, it was even worse. She was a believer in whatever she believed without knowing how to spread it.

She presents us no other choice. No matter what happens, unless absolutely necessary, Iona is not to be trusted with anything she says or does. No matter what I may say after leaving, if I leave, know that I meant what I told her. Any business I will have with her after today will only be at the express command of Praetor Null. You are free to choose otherwise, but she clearly cannot be counted on for anything without the threat of destruction hanging over her., transmits Diego to Peter and Reaper.

Every 15 minutes, send me a comm message inquiring if I am ok. If I do not respond with the appropriate word that will be different every time, you will know something is wrong and Praetor Null should be notified immediately. The words in order of response are Freedom, Utopia, Safety, Security, Imperator, Plenty, Peace, and War., transmits Diego to Peter.

"You have made your choice. Peter will check in with me every 15 minutes. If I do not respond appropriately, it will be the wrath of Praetor Null you will need to deal with. Just remember, every moment you use to say whatever you want to say is a moment Colonel Costa and the city are closer to destruction. I will come down alone.", says Diego as he drops his human appearance going back to his solid black mass form. Grabbing a chair, he does as is needed to save Colonel Costa.
I mention Reaper only for completeness.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Complying with the lovely voice coming through the commlink, and that thought subtly strokes at Diego's mind: 'lovely voice', Diego takes up a metal chair and carries it to the elevator. At which point the door opens and he enters. Setting it down and sitting on it he waits. There are no buttons within the elevator that one would expect to trigger the lift's descend. But the doors do close and the elevator does begin to move. The trip takes time. Diego is not moving a mere one floor down. Or if he is, the elevator would be moving very slowly. Eventually the stops. The doors open and Diego is greeted with a white walled hallway with doors off to either side.
OOC wrote:As a reminder, and this is why I emphasized the loveliness of Iona's voice, she is superhumanly Attractive. Just as Hitori is fear inducingly horrific to behold, Iona is unnaturally appealing. Nothing needs to change, this reminder is to help with people's mental images and characterizations.

Diego, make a Perception check. Also, if Peter does try to rush into the elevator and join him that will change things.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

While waiting for me, please make arrangements for a fall back place as this location is now tainted. Sanders may be of some service here. Send her my apologies for not contacting her directly. Tell her I will make it up to her., requests Diego over the network of Peter.

Iona was playing a dangerous game. She seemed to be under the impression by forcing him to listen to her under the current circumstances, she could convert him to her side. Maybe she was the cause of it all. He didn't care either way so long as she let him give Colonel Costas the gem and take the samples. Any data collected will be dealt with at a later date. Given the time, it was taking in the elevator, Diego's distrust of the woman was only growing. If he still felt any connection to humans aside from nostalgic ones, he might have even found Iona's voice soothing. Given his current state, she was coming down to a mere calculation at this point.
Perception 15

Yup, noticed the Iona lovely voice bit. Diego has pretty much gone full blown nonhuman(I don't want to phrase it another way right now) who is only governed by a creed to follow Null and the cause at this point. True beauty appreciation, love, hate, etc are pretty much purged. Most things to him boil down to a calculation for his objective. His connection to Sanders is largely because she saved his life and while looking like affection is more loyalty.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Iona unplugs herself from the internal power-grid and walks around the controls of the main computer-console. She passes Colonel Costa’s chamber and checks the vitals before programming it to alert her should the Colonel’s status suddenly change.

As she heads towards the doors, Reaper stands vigilantly eyeing every move she makes. “I shall speak briefly with Diego and then we’ll both return here to revive the Colonel. It should not be long.”’

The doors open and the young cyborg levitates herself magnetically a few inches off the floor. She glides effortlessly down the hall and gently comes to rest outside the door of the storage-room. Only a few seconds later, the elevator door opens to reveal Diego’s shadowy form seated in one of the waiting room chairs.

Iona’s delicate hands move from her side and open slightly in Diego’s direction. Diego’s chair gently rises from the floor and brings him into the hallway. As his chair slowly moves toward the fair young female standing in the center of the hall, he notices something odd about the floor, walls, and ceiling. They glisten with an abnormal sheen like a car that has been newly waxed. Eventually, the seat comes to rest beside the door that Iona stands beside. Up close, she finds his form disturbing. Perhaps not quite as “off-putting” as Hitori, but unnerving nonetheless. “Be careful, the floor is extremely slippery. I would step immediately into the storage room, if I were you.” As if to model that exact behavior, she commands the door to open and takes a single step into the room.
OOC: Assuming Diego follows, he sees the following
The storage-room is packed with strange equipment of all types. Just inside the door standing next to a spare examination table is an armed, security droid. Upon the examination table lie sample-containers of various sizes. Diego notices immediately that they are in pairs: two for each Ascendant except Colonel Costa. Some of the containers are refrigerated and some of them have nanite-samples bathed in a chemical preservative.

Iona turns and looks into the face of Diego’s dark visage. “For what it’s worth, I thank you for complying. Ultimately, you did not have to do so, but I am grateful. I shall not take long as the Colonel is ready to receive the Eye; she should not be kept waiting long. I have read Dr. Sokolov’s files on you over and over. The information is limited, but I have gleaned some insights into who you are….or at least who you were at one time. You seem to be a man dedicated to the cause of restoring Hadron City to its rightful glory for the good of all mankind. You also appear to me an imminently reasonable and practical man. It is my belief that Praetor’s Null and Sokolov share authority as the leaders of our movement. I know that you are dedicated to Praetor Null, but I hope you see the wisdom of such checks and balances on our movement.

Iona pauses and looks to the floor before anxiously lifting her eyes back to Diego’s face. “To cut to the chase, I feel that Praetor Null wields vastly disproportionate power in our movement. That balance might be restored slightly if Dr. Sokolov and myself were allowed to retain some or all of the samples. If you wish to take all the samples, then that is your right. I promised such when you agreed to come alone, but what if I returned all of your own samples and one of each of the remaining Ascendants, keeping one set for Peter, Reaper, and Mr. Chen? Praetor Null would not know, and we would gain no research-knowledge on you in particular. That would strengthen Dr. Sokolov’s leadership position somewhat. Would that be such a horrible thing?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Given the options, Diego followed the instructions. His solid form remained stoic as if a shadow had taken solid form with the occasional swirl of his body yearning to return to its natural form. Each second that ticked by was another that put the city and Costas at risk and reinforced Diegos views of Iona. His limited interactions with her until this point hadn't given him the full picture. Apparently she was given control of the lab to a degree. Dr. Sokolov must have a special regard for her to give her that power which concerned Diego even more. Nothing he had seen countered his view of her acting out of anything other than fear for her survival or naivety. It was that or she was pulling a good ruse.

Once Iona finishes speaking, Diego takes a moment to ensure she was done and he used the right words. "What you or I think is immaterial in this instance. Praetor Null gave me two commands. Ensure Colonel Costas survives and limit information Dr. Sokolov gets on the Ascendants. It is my charge to see them followed. Is this all the samples?", says Diego in a voice calibrated to not betray any emotion or feeling. Now that he could control his voice to a much greater degree, he found it a very useful trick. His tone to Iona was not hostile, warm, angry, comforting, annoyed, or anything beyond stating what was.

For merely suggesting he try to deceive Praetor Null, Diego should have lashed out at Iona and berated her for being foolish. Under different circumstances, he might even have threatened her with punishment. For now, she held all the cards. So, he had to play to her insecurities and simple mindedness. In his report to Praetor Null, this all would be relayed and given the delicate nature of the relationship to Dr. Sokolov Diego would hold his retribution.
Last edited by mrdent12 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:0
"What you or I think is immaterial in this instance. Praetor Null gave me two commands. Ensure Colonel Costas survives and limit information Dr. Sokolov gets on the Ascendants. It is my charge to see them followed.".
Iona stands silent for several awkward seconds after Diego finishes. Though she had anticipated a rejection of her terms the curt, drone-like response surprises her. She looks away for a moment as if unsure how to respond and it is clear that her expression is one of disappointment as Diego finishes speaking.
"Is this all the samples?"
Her eyes return to the obsidian, featureless mass that is Diego’s face. The dark Ascendant can instantly perceive a change in demeanor as her expression morphs from cordial to icy. Without responding she simply stoops to pick up a metal footlocker from underneath the examination table. One by one she places each of the samples in the metal box. When finished, she secures it shut with a small padlock. She turns to Diego and holds the small key up in the air for a brief moment before laying on top of the locker. Then she magnetically lifts it, moving it through the door and down the hallway to the open elevator, bringing it to rest on the elevator floor.

"Per our agreement, Mr. Gonzalez, that is all of them."

She walks past Diego levitating herself before entering the hallway. She reaches down with one hand to grab the metal chair before extending her other arm in the direction of the laboratory.

You will not need this to proceed to the laboratory. Your Colonel awaits.
If Diego wishes to say (or do something) in the midst of my narrative, I can of course go back and edit it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

Without violence or force, Diego had shifted Iona from the optimistic woman into a creature he could deal. Despite the surroundings, Diego had a sense he could deal with someone who got the message. Praetor Null's commands were law. Deceiving him, trying to help others against him, and going against his agenda for saving the world was futile. Dr. Sokolov knew it, so dealing with him was easy relatively. Hopefully, Iona would now be similar.

"You look disappointed. Good. I find it easier to deal with people on issues such as we face when not under any illusions.", says Diego as he watches the samples get loaded into the elevator. His voice shifted back to his lower form voice with the subtle tones inserted as it made sense. Now that he was dealing with her proper and broke her optimism, Diego dialed it back a little.

Once the samples were moved, Diego started making his way to the laboratory. "Is monitoring equipment still in place. I do not know how this gem will effect Colonel Costas and without Peter because of his ban I cannot even hypothesize. All I know is that it is the only chance Hadron City and the colonel survives.", inquiries Diego talking more human sounding now.
Not jumping too far ahead here as I don't know the layout of the lab and such.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
mrdent12 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:29 amWhile waiting for me, please make arrangements for a fall back place as this location is now tainted. Sanders may be of some service here. Send her my apologies for not contacting her directly. Tell her I will make it up to her., requests Diego over the network of Peter.
*You're jumping the gun.* Peter responded. *Whether or not the location is tainted, Praetor Null will likely have new instructions for us once Colonel Costa has recovered.*
Games