For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:0
Cnd: Normal
PP:0
"It sounds like you had your hands full in my absence. An eventful first day, hm?"
Iona answers him in a soothing voice, “Yes, Doctor, I was certainly busy but not overwhelmed. The way you designed me suits hard work. I am relieved to see that you have returned safely.

The young cyborg turns her head to look back into the hallway. “I hope you’ll forgive the mess, but I had to take some extra security precautions. I was unsure of the ultimate intentions of the Ascendants. With Colonel Costa restored to their ranks, I felt that an imminent attack was reasonable. The droids should finish cleaning the hallway to the primary lab within a couple of hours.

She looks around the fabrication workshop and cannot help but marvel at some of the materials and advanced-machinery present. She is so enamored that for a moment she loses her train of thought. “I…um…yes…would you like a report now or do you wish to wait until you are refreshed from your mission?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:I am going to hold off on responding for the Diego-Peter scene, so as to give EnigmaticOne a chance to post.
There is a grating of metal on metal as locks outside Hitori's cell slide, then the sturdy metal door swings outward. Standing in the hallway Hitori sees a storm in the shape of a woman with the heart shaped face and the appearance of high cheek bones that Silvia Costa had as a human. There is no semblance of hair, however, instead wisps of gray clouds roll a few inches from her crown. She still retains her one emerald green eye, though now it is a lazing beacon of lightning twisting and curling in on itself until it is a solid illuminating light. There is a mirror it now, instead of an empty socked, but this eyes is white. She still wears the dark clothes she had as a human woman, minus the form fitting body armor, including a calf length black long coat that moves as though on a breeze. In her left hand she holds Mayotta tomo, sheathed, near at the sheathed blade near to the guard.

"Do you require rest? Praetor Null has placed you in my care, and under my command, when you are ready we will discuss what this means and you may ask any questions you may have concerning recent events."

Silvia watches the monster in front of her, listening for a response. Once Hitori expressing either his readiness to proceed, or a need for some personal time, the living storm before him responds in a voice that sounds like the wind.

"I have been informed that you are able to alter your appearance. If you are able to do so now, please take a more mundane form."

She wait for Hitori to comply. After she has done so she raises the sheathed sword, holding it horizontal in one hand, and offers it up to Hitori.

"The Sword of Null should not be seen without his blade. The rest of your equipment is in the armory, and what personal effects we could find have been stored in your room here. Unless the situation warrants it, you will carry no other weapons on this base other than your katana."
OOC wrote:I keep forgetting Silvia's text color is meant to be purple. My apologies for any confusion.

Concerning what form Hitori can assume, he's just eaten some new people. You may choose what he looks like. If you want to randomize it you may roll some dice for gender, hair and eye color, age, ethnicity, and so forth.

"Were you not here the blunt force instruments Null has gathered to themselves likely would have run amuck unchecked. A little mess is acceptable as long as you clean up after yourself."

There is a note of distaste in Dr. Sokolov's voice when he talks about Null's and their followers, which roils around notes of reassurance of praise when he touches on Iona's holding a numerically superior force of uncertain danger at bay.

As he talks Dr. Sokolov's hands move through the air and his finger wiggle like some arcane spellcaster performing a prolong ritual. Machinery in the room seems to operate under unspoken command feeding materials and power into the sophisticated suit of armor while machine limbs perform labors that seem more like surgery than engineering.

While the exterior of the suit is sleek metallic armor, the interior see appears to alive, but still synthetic. Instead of servos and gears there are gray bundles of fibers that look like muscle tissue. Instead of circuitry, there is a fine crystalline lattice work that looks like a nervous system. There are veins of luminous white that pulse with power, like blood veins, and coating everything is a clear gel.

"Now will do. I anticipate Null will arrive sometime in the near future to scold me about some perceived slight or other. I want to ensure my armor is in top form before then."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:0
"Now will do. I anticipate Null will arrive sometime in the near future to scold me about some perceived slight or other. I want to ensure my armor is in top form before then."
Iona pauses -partially because she is nervous about how the Doctor will react and partially to recollect the details of the past day. "Much has happened since you departed on your mission, Master. There were difficulties related to keeping the Colonel alive during her period of escalating body-temperature. I must admit that Peter worked admirably together with myself to construct a makeshift cryo-chamber to restrain her destructive increase in energy."

"What followed next became a source of tension between the Ascendants and myself." ,she says looks away from Sokolov with a shrug. "Once the Colonel was stabilized, both Peter and I sought...advantages...so to speak. I...took it upon myself to collect nanite-samples from the interior surgical-instruments of the chambers. The gift of infravision, which you gave me, proved useful for contrasting the nanites against the cold metal of the chambers. I managed to collect relatively small samples for all the chambers except the Colonel's. Her high-energy state destroyed all residual traces of nanites in her chamber."

Iona then slowly begins to walk a circuitous route towards Dr. Sokolov's side. She wishes to see his face in order to guage his reactions. "It was at the same time that Peter attempted to breech the cyber-security system. I had set him to work shutting off the faulty power-flow to the Colonel's chamber. I did this in order to distract him. Little did I know that when he finished he would try to infiltrate our database. That was when I moved the facilities' security to a heightened state and made Peter leave. Unfortunately, he had deduced my efforts to collect bio-material against Praetor Null's command."

The female cyborg stops a few meters away from the Doctor so as not to invade his work-space. "I knew that Peter had informed his comrades and so I immediately took action to bolster the facilities' defenses. I shall not bore you with the details. When Diego arrived with the Eye, I insisted that he approach the laboratory alone. I wished to speak to him privately, and so I offered him the samples -now in the main storage room - for an audience. He agreed; and I used it as an opportunity to negotiate his cooperation in checking the power Praetor Null. I had hoped he would see the wisdom of such a move, but it became immediately clear that he is now utterly devoted to Null regardless of that...things...actions. So, I gave him the samples and then lead him to the laboratory where the Colonel was soon restored to stable condition. After that the conversation was brief and the Ascendants promptly left. I fear, my Master, that they may return to attack us. Praetor Null how has a powerful fist with which to strike us if it chooses."
OOC: Iona will pause to give Dr. Sokolov a chance to get a word in or ask a question. If he says/does nothing, then Iona will finish with the last element of her report.
"There is just one last important detail, Doctor. When I was in the laboratory under the watchful eye of Reaper, I was unable to return to the preserved-samples in the Main Storage Room. I did, however, send instructions to the security-droids to move the bulk of the samples to a separate room across the hallway. There was not much sample material in the first place, and I resented giving Diego the quantities I did. It is possible that the preservation methods of the samples I gave away were indeed the effective ones. There is no way to know now. But we do have three small sub-samples per every Ascendant with the exception of Colonel Costa. With your permission I would like to begin the analysis immediately. Time is critical as I suspect that most of the bio-material has already perished in our sub-samples. What is it that you would have me do, my Master?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wrote: I...took it upon myself to collect nanite-samples from the interior surgical-instruments of the chambers.
"Yes ... that would upset Null. There will be consequences, even if Ascendant Gonzalez buys into your deception. It may be worth it, if there is still some remnant of the catalyst present during the Ascension Event itself."
Iona wrote:It was at the same time that Peter attempted to breech the cyber-security system.
Until Iona began to maneuver to his side, she only had a view of her creator from the back. There wasn't much to see. Gray slacks. Bland brown shoes. A white lab coat. Combed brown hair. Moving to his side she could see enough of his face to gauged some things.. When she talked about Colonel Costa there was disinterest, or equally likely apathy. The fact that she lived didn't seem to mean enough to warrant an emotional response. Though the mention of Peter's efforts to breach his security showed a tightening of the doctor's features. Cheek muscles flexed, restraining negative emotion that only partially fed into his voice.

"Under ordinary circumstance I would kill someone for such a slight. Killing Ascendant Ezima would be a waste, however, and the political atmosphere is tumultuous enough. I doubt Null instructed him to do this. Espionage like that is equivalent to a declaration of war and they owe me a debt for helping to create their Ascendants. I may be able to exploit that overreaching by Ascendant Ezima however ..."
Iona wrote: I used it as an opportunity to negotiate his cooperation in checking the power Praetor Null. I had hoped he would see the wisdom of such a move, but it became immediately clear that he is now utterly devoted to Null regardless of that...things...actions.

For the first time since Iona entered the room Dr. Sokolov pauses in his labors and turns to look directly at her. When he spoke, it was with the intent of impressing something of importance upon her. Something she needed to understand.

"Null and the people that follow them were always the most fanatical of Imperator's supporters. You cannot reason with them when they are set to a task. Null gives an order and it is treated like a divine mandate. Anything may be done to achieve that end. I mean anything. When they make a threat, it is not bluster. The best you can hope for is to steer them along a productive course and endeavor to mitigate the abuses of power."

Sokolov's gaze remained on Iona a moment long, to ensure the message imprinted, then he turned back to laboring over his armor without touching it.
Iona wrote:I fear, my Master, that they may return to attack us. Praetor Null how has a powerful fist with which to strike us if it chooses."
"Null will certainly come. When they do, you are not to intervene in whatever comes to pass. You have had a stressful enough day. You performed well, with some exceptions, but well considering the circumstances. Be careful about overreaching. I will not always be able to protect you."

There is a bit of a sternness to Dr. Sokolov's voice when he talks about Iona not getting involved in whatever conflict may arise between himself and Null as individuals. Then it shifted to reassuring, but warning. There is a brief pause, then he casts his finger's in Iona's direction. A feed of wireless and telecommunication data appears in her vision. Reading over it she is able to see the points in a digital log where Peter used his wireless connection to the internet and times when he uses his commlink to speak people outside the doctor's domain.

"I noticed this. In the future, do not allow anyone to send transmissions or connect to outside telecommunication networks from this location. Always be security conscious moy dorogaya. We have more enemies than you know."

Dr. Sokolov's Kansas accent vanished, replaced with something Slavic. Russian, maybe. The language he did not know for certain. The next sentence the foreign tongue and accent were gone.
Iona wrote:we do have three small sub-samples per every Ascendant with the exception of Colonel Costa. With your permission I would like to begin the analysis immediately.
"I have a stasis canister you may use to store the Ascendant Event Samples. It should ensure their preservation. Proceed with the initial analysis. You made the effort to collect them, as such you may decide what comes of them in the long term. You also mentioned an Eye … I want more information on that. You can write up a report on that later."

When Dr. Sokolov mentions the 'stasis canister' an image of a something akin to a copper vase with an elaborate stopper at the mouth appears in Iona's vision long enough for her to register it to settle into her memory. A location within the storage room is then noted.
OOC wrote:Iona will receive 1 point of Dr. Sokolov's Favor, due to her defense of Dr. Sokolov's lab in the face of Null's Ascendants while also helping to save Hadron City.

It is a good thing Iona chose to tell D.r Sokolov about the Ascension Event Samples, she would have lost all usable material otherwise. Now she has a means of preserving them. Iona may choose to keep the Ascension Nanite Samples for herself, or give them to Dr. Sokolov. If she gives them to Sokolov she will gain an additional 1 point of Dr. Sokolov's Favor. If she keeps the samples for herself, they may be used to support an Impossible Dominion project (no, she will not be able to create Ascendants). Keeping them for herself means she would be leaving Dr. Sokolov to take the brunt of Null's retaliation for her actions with no compensation. Which will negatively affect Iona's relationship with Dr. Sokolov. A point of Favor may be used to negate that deterioration though.

So Iona can get 2 Favor (total) after giving Dr. Sokolov the samples. She may keep the Ascension Event Samples and retain 1 Favor, but her relationship will worsen. Or she may net 0 Favor, maintain her relationship with Dr. Sokolov as it is, and keep the samples for her own projects.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 1

After a pause, it became clear that Praetor Null was expecting Peter next to respond.

"Initially, Iona and I worked to study Colonel Costa's condition and bleed off the energy she was unconsciously producing, and extend the amount of time available for Diego and Hitori to secure the Eye of Odin, once he established that was the necessary solution to the problem. We eventually retrofitted one of the unused Ascension chambers as a holding cell that would serve for that purpose."

Peter took a breath now - not for need of it, but a preparatory pause, knowing this might be the real issue ahead. "Afterward, Iona requested my assistance in shutting off the faulty power system linked to Colonel Costa's chamber. I did so, and took the opportunity to analyze elements of Dr. Sokolov's hardware and software. It was at this point that I was overconfident, and attempted to probe the lab's database. The security system detected and repulsed my efforts, and alerted Iona. It was then that I realized she had not properly decontaminated the chambers so she could collect remaining the remaining physical nanite samples. When I pointed this out, she escalated the lab's security and ordered me to leave. I decided to comply as to avoid a battle whose collateral damage could endanger the Colonel. I reported this to Diego, but did not mention my actions at that time."

"Afterwards, she later allowed me to return to the ground floor of the building. During this time I provided the research and remote assistance Diego requested. At once point Iona asked via Reaper's communicator permission to analyze the energy readings from Colonel Costa but I refused unless allowed back down again. She refused that in turn. Eventually Diego returned with the Eye and we departed with Colonel Costa once she recovered."

There was one more matter left. "Finally, with regards to Colonel Costa's chambers. I determined that it was not caused by hardware failure. Her Ascension Chamber was overloaded with energy far beyond its tolerances. Simultaneous interior and exterior damage suggests both the Colonel and a potential outside source were involved."

Peter closed his eyes, preparing for whatever painful punishment might come.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After their initial demand for a report Null said nothing. Normally in a debriefing, and both of you would have some experience in this, the person taking the report asks questions. Not Null. The black doll eyes of their mask stare into the speaker, not a word being said. It is more unnerving than a masked person simply looking at you should feel. There is the sense of something entirely alien looking at you, seeing and knowing more about you than you yourself know. When fixed in Null's gaze, it is difficult not to feel naked, exposed, and vulnerable.

Throughout Diego, and then Peter's dialogs Null's hands shift in the air in front on themselves. Their fingers curl and roll through the air. They stroke slothfully at nothingness. They turn and twist forming shapes. As Diego's report ends Null's head turns smoothly to bring Peter squarely at the center of their attention. It doesn't feel good being the focus of Null's attention. Then, when each of you has finished sharing your perspective of events Null finally speaks.

"You helped save Ascendant Costa and Hadron City. You have my gratitude."

At saying this Null makes an upwards gesture with their hands palm up, as though lifting or elevating the two men symbolically with that movement. The voice coming from Null changes, and changes … and continues to change after every few seconds. Sometimes after a sentence, other times in the midst of one. None of the voices are ever the same.

"You may look into the group that was discovered operating out of the missile silo in your free time. Presently, your team will need a place to operate out of. A base of your own. Establishing that is your next priority. Ascendant Costa refuses to supply you with assistance and I see her stance as justified. Dr. Sokolov, however, has offered the aid of Iona to encourage the fostering of a productive relationship. Use the opportunity to sort out your differences."

There is a pause then. An uncomfortable silence that draws on and on. During this quiet Null slowly looks back and forth between Diego and Peter. Their hands continue to move. Their fingers continue to form their shapes and micro-gestures. All the while saying nothing. Inviting nothing. Eventually, however, the quiet ends and Null's voices take on a dark undertone.

"Operational success does not invalidate poor judgement and misdeeds. Dr. Kripke is dead, due to his own actions. Hitori has had his autonomy taken away from him, because he cannot govern himself. Reaper is being reassigned. Your group has alienated the allies I have handed to you. Neither Ascendant Costa nor Dr. Sokolov will support you or allow you to base out of their facilities. You have brought shame to me with your actions while guests in Dr. Sokolov's domain, and harmed me politically."

Null pushes their chair back and raises to a stand. Diego and Peter feel a disconcerting disconnect within themselves and find that they have no ability to access the traits granted to them by their Ascension. Peter has experienced this before. The camera gradually pans up, along the joining of two walls. The shadows cast in the dim light soon play out a scene of horror … then darkness as we slowly fade to black.
OOC wrote:There is going to be torture. Terrible, terrible torture. We aren't going to play that out.

As Diego is the unofficial team leader, and was told by Null to keep the others in line, I will allow him the option of taking the punishment entirely upon himself at the cost of the torture being far worse on him. This will give Diego -2 to the first 5 rolls for the next story segment as he deals with the physical and psychological aftermath of torture. He'll also start with 1 extra HP. If you choose to accept this one off Complication Peter will end up being told to leave the room before the unpleasantness begins.

There won't be a gain in Null's Favor. You helped save Costa and the city. You also caused Null political trouble.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: 5 rolls of -2
Form: Solid

As the camera fades and Diego feels himself lose himself, he simply nods. "It was me who disobeyed your third command. Peters actions were my responsibility by your commands so it is I who should be blamed for them.", Diego can be heard saying. What happened next was beyond what Diego even thought possible. He had been expecting it of course, but Praetor Null was not a forgiving master.
Added the -2 roll tracker, plus the HP. If HP's reset to 1 when the next adventure begins, I will move the HP to 2.

I've updated the pp usage proposal in wake of how AP's work.
Camus

Hitori Zanzo

Post by Camus »

"hm" asserts the monster as he turned into a young Indian woman. He says nothing more and follows Costa
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Supernaturalist

Iona
HP:1
PP:1
"I noticed this. In the future, do not allow anyone to send transmissions or connect to outside telecommunication networks from this location. Always be security conscious moy dorogaya. We have more enemies than you know."
"I have a stasis canister you may use to store the Ascendant Event Samples. It should ensure their preservation. Proceed with the initial analysis. You made the effort to collect them, as such you may decide what comes of them in the long term. You also mentioned an Eye … I want more information on that. You can write up a report on that later."
"Yes Master, I shall be vigilant against allowing other transmissions in the future. I'll familiarize myself with the jamming capabilities of the facility and respond accordingly."

Iona is noticeably pleased when Dr. Sokolov reveals the Stasis Canister. "Thank you, Doctor. I shall use it to immediately store the surviving sub-samples. Although I am fascinated by the nature of the Ascendant's fundamental biology, I do not yet have faith in my own abilities to analyze the materials properly. I shall turn the materials over to you with one request, that I might aid you in some small way in your research. As for the report on the Eye, I shall review the laboratory recordings as well as the time-stamped diagnostic-data and give you a report as soon as possible."

The young female knows just how dependent upon the Doctor she really is. Just to exist, she requires regular attention from Dr. Sokolov. The Doctor has been good to me - all things considered. I should like to keep relations with him as cordial as possible barring some unforeseen instance of abuse.
OOC: Dr. Sokolov gets the Stasis Canister with all the preserved samples. I'll add a HP and PP. I'll probably spend the pp on Deception as Iona seems to rely upon it heavily in this world of powerful predators. ;)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona recieves assurances from Dr. Sokolov that she'll be allowed to assist in his word with the material she collected, and then sent off to busy herself. If ever she is lacking for something to do Dr. Sokolov has some work to assign the woman while he labors away in the fabrication room. After the departure of the Ascendants the faciluty is quiet. Calm. You only have your work, and the future, the worry about. This continues for eight hours, after which a security alert is heard. Shortly afterwards Dr. Sokolov informs Iona that he will see to it himself. The alert is turned off and for a while things remain quiet. Then a ruckus ensues, the report of high powered ballistics can be heard. Crashing. The sounds of conflict is intense for thirty seconds, then silence.

Wednesday 6, February 2019 - New Foundation

Iona does not hear from Dr. Sokolov until the next morning and he is a touch worse off. There are some cuts on his neck and face, as well as some signs of bruises on their way to forming. Questions about his injuries, or the security alert, go unanswered. Instead he informs her of his intent to bring some people in to work at the hospital level of the facility and provide health care to people in the Under City. She is also told that the Ascendants are going to be establishing their own base in the city, separate from the rest of Null's forces, and Dr. Sokolov would like her to assist them in this endeavor. He even provides her with a location she may offer them as a suggestion. Before sending Iona out on her assignment, she is given some fresh clothes, equipment, an forged identification and documentation that she may use to travel the city. She is also supplied with an escort to the place she is meant to meet with the Ascendants: a punkish looking teenage girl armed with a shotgun and an actual battle axe on her back.

After the meeting the Null, Diego and Peter are given some time to rest. Their movements around the base are restricted and they always have a guard at their door, or an escort walking with them from one location to another. Their time is limited though, and soon Costa is kicking them out. Politely, but still kicking them out of her base. You are allowed to take some supplies and equipment with you, but nothing special. You are also given a location where Iona is expected to meet up with you. An abandoned ruin of a building. Too dangerous to live in. The sort of place desperate squatters might inhabit, but for whatever reason it remains unoccupied for the time being. It'll do in the short term, to collect yourselves and plan what to do next. Best of all, it has sewer access, so you during your trip there you will be able to avoid Stronghold patrols and the city's pervasive suite of security cameras.

Both groups travel beneath the surface of the city to their destination. When the reach the ruined building meant to house their gathering, they find a toppled skyscraper. It looks as though some giant had kicked it down, pieces of it sprawled out into streets. Others breaching downwards into the remaining three standing stories. There are portions of it that lean off of the building proper at an angle and into the sidewalk or street. The visual image does not suggest safety or structural integrity. But there are few people in the area, and the majority are avoiding this dangerous structure.
OOC wrote:At this point HP resets to 1 if you had 0. In Diego's case he begins the story segment with an additional HP. Hitori will not be joining the others right away.

I'll stop the lead up here, as I do not know if you want to ask any OOC questions or do anything before or when you reach the meeting site. This location can be considered "ignored/overlooked/avoided" but not "secure".
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: New Foundations

Iona

Iona can only speculate about the conflict that erupted between Praetor Null and Dr. Sokolov. But whatever happened, it seems that the two established some sort of uneasy peace – if one can really call it peace. The young cyborg knows better than to press Dr. Sokolov about that which he desires to remain secret.

Her relationship with the Good Doctor is most important, and it seems clear that he appreciates her relinquishing the samples without too much of a fuss. When Sokolov asks Iona to help Diego and Peter establish a new base of operations, she cannot help but express her concerns. Those two were just at odds with her. Diego in particular unnerves her with his shadowy visage and drone-like demeanor. But the Doctor insists on her participation. Whatever her reservations are, they must be suppressed. Hopefully, Sokolov knows a lot that he isn’t revealing to her, because the whole affair seems rather dangerous.

After gathering the suggested equipment together, along with several other ‘gifts’ from the Doctor, she is briefed by Sokolov one last time before departure. Protocols are discussed along with the understanding that Iona must return periodically for personal maintenance. The last order of business is the introduction to her escorts, the leader of which is a young, heavily-armed “punk-rocker”’. Iona is courteous, but she senses a desire from the leader and group to keep socializing to a minimum. I wonder what her story is.

After being led through the sewer-system for quite some time, she emerges within the ruined structure of a once might skyscraper. The remaining foundation looks terribly unstable; and it makes Iona nervous just to meet here. It looks abandoned and for good reason. She waits here patiently for the others to arrive all the while ‘taking in the scenery’. She has read about the outside world a great deal, but as a new creation of Doctor Sokolov, she has actually experienced very little.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
Form: Mist

Diego spent the time after the meeting and what he just wanted to try and forget in his room. He oscillated between being curled up in a thick mist in the corner and pushing himself in the forms he took for the most part. With some practice, he found himself able to maintain a more solid form in various appearances with proper clothing ranging from street clothes to full blown tactical gear. The latter of which didn't feel particularly durable, but it looked the part. That was all that mattered. In addition, he found with some concentration he could pick up and hold objects in his mist form by making a sort of hand grabbing motion on the objects. It was good he had things to occupy his mind. Otherwise he might have gone mad after Peter left the room and he was left alone with Praetor Null. On top of mastering his physical powers, the time with Null had reinforced his strict obedience and bringing others to heel who might be his responsibility.

When it came time to leave, Diego took his preascendent form complete with jeans, a leather jacket, and Hotel California Eagles tshirt. His additional skills in morphing helped hide the pained expression he still had. Since they were going to be starting a new, Diego made sure to get some basic security equipment that would do for a couple days hopefully. At least until they got a proper system in place. In addition, he managed to get some burner phones and an old tablet loaded with maps. After everything, he didn't think it wise to press for Stronghold security patterns. Hopefully Sanders could help with those when the time came.

Saying good bye to Colonel Costas and thanking her for the help, Diego departed with Peter. For most of the journey, Diego kept silent. There would be time later to address what had happened after Peter left the room. For now, he needed Peter to be focused on establishing the new base. The time for discussing gathering alliances to please Praetor Null would come later. Having to work with Iona also pressed on Diegos mind. Praetor Null had ordered it, so it would be done. If Diego had his way, he would kill Iona at the first chance he had, but Dr. Sokolov and Praetor Null seemed to have a tentative alliance going, so Diego did not want to jeopardize it further.

His mind drifted to when he had to work with some Chinese agents. While there was the expected animosity between them, it came down to terrorists getting a Chinese nuclear warhead. With a greater goal, the group managed to pul it together and capture the warhead before the deal with the mideast terrorist group was finalized. It left a bad taste in all involved mouths however. Iona would need to be treated similarly.

Coming out of the sewers in his mist form, he pulled up the duffel bag containing the gear and settled 15 feet from Iona. He didn't say a word for a minute. "We are informed you are to assist us in the establishment of our new base. Rest assured, your safety will be guaranteed so long as you do not betray Praetor Null again or attempt to get us to betray them. It has been made clear Praetor null and Dr. Sokolov work together. It is my hope you can put aside your naive idealism for the greater good because despite that you are very skilled. Together, we will be able to free Hadron City of the parasites that inhabit it.", says Diego in a more human tone with a hint of Russian accent.
Supernaturalist

Iona

Seeing Diego and Peter again is very uncomfortable. There is no security-sphere, droids, hidden turrets, and booby-traps to protect Iona here. She has nothing to bolster her but the trust she has in Dr. Sokolov’s judgement.

After Diego speaks, Iona finds some small comfort in his mentioning the “greater good.” Even if Diego doesn’t mean it, it’s the right thing to say. But if he does, perhaps there is some humanity left inside that murky cloud.

The beautiful young female steps forward and together with Peter and Diego, they form a sort of triangle. “I have a location, which is a suggestion from Dr. Sokolov. It is in Ward 3, not too far from here. My understanding is that a foundry once stood upon it, but the war destroyed much of it and the surrounding area. There is a substantial remnant of the foundation and sub-level still left. Since the infrastructure leading to the foundry is also heavily damaged, Stronghold has yet to move into the region with any significant presence. For the short-term it seems to be a good location from which to conduct a resistance-movement. I already have an ideal location picked out for a field-hospital and small laboratory. But the whole rest of the facility is open for Peter and yourself to use as you see fit."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 2
Form: Mist

Diego simply hovered with the bag hanging off him as Iona spoke. If she stayed in line, not likely as best he could tell, she would be useful if only as a conduit to Dr. Sokolov. "We shall see how good it will be. Unless there is support staff waiting for us, I suspect the field hospital might be premature. As you know from you previous transgressions and also assistance the initial occupants will not be humans. Without proper security, bringing anyone in for treatment may not be a wise idea.", begins Diego after processing what Iona said. He tried not to sound too harsh given Iona's disposition, but it came across as mostly calculated given he didn't put much effort into sounding soft.

"Staying here is clearly not an option though. I may be fine due to my native form, but you and Peter will face difficulties if it collapses.
Before progressing to the location, if you have schematics or layouts available it would be good to review it quickly. No need to waste if it is an inherently insecure location. Also, access to the sewers would also be handy if the location provides it or close enough. If Stronghold sees an increase in activity in the area, they will grow suspicious."
, adds Diego. Any location given by Sokolov was unsettling to him, but for lack of a better option he didn't have much choice. Beggars couldn't be choosers.
Supernaturalist

Iona

"I do not have schematics." Iona states matter-of-factly. "We will need to explore both the above-ground and basement-areas of the building. I have a vague idea of where a proper med-bay and lab should be, but until I actually see the rooms and the condition they are in, then I shall not commit to using them."

The female cyborg shifts her eyes from Diego to Peter and back. "Dr. Sokolov recommended it for a reason. I do not think he would knowingly suggest an unsuitable base. Of course, anyone could make a mistake."

She then looks back to the young, shotgun-toting female and her escort. "'Is this the end of the line for you or will you aid us in the reconnoiter of the structure? If your responsibilities end here, then I thank your for the protection you gave me and I wish you farewell."