FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Kaisius

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Hp: 1 Cond: Bruised

"[I may be able to hold it here. Be ready to evacuate civilians if it lashes out.]" With that, Spectre moves in front of the elemental and again meets its "gaze" "[Hold, child of Zephyrus. We bear you no ill-will. We know you are not here of your own choosing. Calm yourself and we will return you to the skies and stars you belong to.]"
OoC wrote:Persuasion check 1d20+10=25 if that succeeds, then Mesmerism Will save DC 20
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight, Jonathan Spectre & Vanguard::

Darklight easily gets ahead of the Air Elemental thanks to his powers, keeping the creature in sight and is witness as once again the Spectre's mental powers are up to the challenge he sets for himself; the Air Elemental ceases its destructive path, hovering in place as it simply waits for another command.

OOC:

Air Elemental's Will Resistance (vs DC 25): _: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17, that's a fail so on to the Mesmerism.

Air Elemental's Will Resistance (vs DC 20): _: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10, and an even bigger fail on that one (no wonder these guys are so easy to summon & control....).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

Liz shook her head, imaging how the elemental would dry her off. "Thank you but I burn easily."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard lets out a low whistle, "Nice... okay, let's get it out of sight before you send it back. Last thing you want to do is have somebody put up a video of a magic ritual on YouTube."

Of course Jonathan Spectre couldn't do the ritual, but his persona was that he was a magician, and Vanguard was just playing the regular vanilla speedster. The each had reasons for doing it, one being that having their powers misunderstood gave them an advantage. Any trap set for Jonathan Spectre would be designed to nullify magic.

The people setting those traps would be terribly disappointed when Spectre would come walking through unscathed, metaphorically appearing like an unstoppable horror movie monster.

And Vanguard? Well, not that the others knew, but keeping his knowledge of magic on the lowdown would keep his life safer in the long run.

Not to mention having kids trying to ape magic they saw on YouTube could result in all sorts of bad news. Most wouldn't be able to accomplish anything, to be sure, but any that had the talent, or just the bad luck to stumble onto something...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vortex & Vindicator:

The humanoid lizards are buffeted by the winds Vortex unleashes against them, but they do not fall, apparently they're tougher than the giant crabs Pender had summoned previously. While this is going on Pender makes his way over to the scattered objects from the overturned table and busies himself with looking for something.

OOC:
Lizard Men's Dodge (vs DC 20): _: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16, that'll hit them for full value.
Lizard Men's Toughness (vs DC 25): _: 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19, which is a Bruise for them all.

Pender will spend his turn looking for something.
--
Vindicator's turn.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade:

"I understand." The large creature answers back with a nod of its unnaturally sized head, and after a few moments of awkward silence it speaks again. "Why did you want to come here in the first place?"
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Vanguard wrote:"Nice... okay, let's get it out of sight before you send it back. Last thing you want to do is have somebody put up a video of a magic ritual on YouTube."
"[Yes. Vanguard, if you will please find us a secluded area nearby.]" With a theatrical gesture (for the benefit of their audience) toward the speedster, he adds, "[I have imbued you with the knowledge to prepare the area, as well.]" After Vanguard leaves, Spectre turns back to the elemental. "[This way, please. Gently.]"
My Character Page
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

"Here specifically?" Liz pointed at the floor. "We were looking for you."

DUH

"More to the point, I couldn't guess what society is like where you're from, but here theft and property destruction are pretty big issues. What you were taking for sustenance has different value to us." Liz put her hands on her hips. "We're giving you a break because you're here involuntarily and have a uh... complicated situation. But the public at large isn't going to get that. The official story is going to be that we found you, defeated you and sent you back where you came from."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 4; Condition: Bruised x1, suit fine

Having had the lizards repulsed thanks to Vortex Eva took in the scene. Outnumbered--he really should have brought more of them-- and a mage riflign through magic doodads and whatnots. Almost never a good thing if Daedalus had taught her anything about magic. So target priority was clear in this case.

She launched herself at Pender and planted a right cross to the mans jaw putting a little extra oomf into it to insure any magical protection didn't help.

Eva will deck Pender shifting to strength to do so. Power Attack for -2/+2 _: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 yeah 22 should hit that's a DC 27
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard gives Spectre a quick salute and zips off to find a nice secluded area that would fit their needs that wasn't too far away.
Of course the tunnels were one option, but if something was closer he wasn't going to argue with that.
After all, no telling how long Spectre could keep the elemental under control, best not to press his luck.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan stands by waiting to blast the air elemental if it breaks free and tries to escape.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Finding a nice private area he was fairly confidant wasn't under surveillance he reached into a pocket and pulled out a piece of chalk and a piece of paper.

Frowning in confusion, he opened up the paper and quickly read it.

Milk
Eggs
Bread

He sighed and stuffed the note back in his dimensional pocket. Apparently he needed to do a grocery run before he went home today. Hopefully his bank account could take another hit.

With the chalk firmly in hand he raced around the room, drawing a magic circle from the inside out. The circle itself was of the summoning variety, though the specific one he'd selected was better suited for wind elementals, and the inner mechanics would make summoning an elemental to this dimension a real chore, but would make it far easier to send them back to their home dimension.

It was kind of a necessity. Normally he would have just used the wind magic that was the source of his powers, but considering this whole process was designed to send wind magic to another dimension? Well, the less risk he made the better.

Thus he worked from the inside out so that when the circle was completed he was already outside it's field of influence, and he'd designed it so that even his rather paltry magic that he was born with would be enough to activate the circle at the right time.

He gave the circle a critical look and hemmed and hawed at it for a minute before he conceded that it was complete. He was sure many of the Lodge masters would have some very disparaging things to say about his efforts, but it was functional, it was complete, and it it was without error. Elegance was for people who had time.

He grimaced and looked at the circle again, searching for flaws. Rushing magic was never a good idea, and for a more complex process he'd probably have vetoed it, but...

He nodded.

"Okay, got us a little going away pad prepped for your air elemental, Spectre," He rattled off the address over the comm hoping that nobody else was listening.

People had this annoying habit of showing up to locations that weren't even remotely safe, and where the weren't welcome. Generally phone first. Back in the day heroes used to save civilians from danger. In the days of cellphones and social media? Now superheroes had to save civilians from themselves as well.
OOC:
Jerry Rigged Ritual to send the Air Elemental home: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31
And burning an HP to jerry-rig the ritual to make it take a few minutes to prepare as opposed to a day.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Vanguard wrote:"Okay, got us a little going away pad prepped for your air elemental, Spectre," He rattled off the address over the comm hoping that nobody else was listening.
"[Excellent. We will be there shortly.]", Spectre replied. Thankfully, they were already headed in that direction.
My Character Page
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vortex & Vindicator:

Vindicator's punch is as solid as it normally is, however the magical defenses that Pender has in place seem up to the task as its glow increases while it deflects the majority of the punch's impact. "Idiot." Pender curses as he moves to defend himself. "My magic has protected me from your companion's various attacks, then why would a simple punch fair any better?" The mage shakes his head like a disappointed teacher lecturing a student.

OOC:
Pender's Toughness (vs DC 27): _: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25, I'm shocked considering how much CC has been hating on him. That's another Bruise (5 total).

--
That'll bring us to Vortex's turn.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight, Jonathan Spectre & Vanguard:

Thankfully the Air Elemental's mini-rampage cleared the area of the majority of bystanders, so it is a short walk to where Vanguard has readied things to return the creature to where it came from. Following Spectre's directions, which now away from prying eyes & ears, which echoes the ones given to him by Vanguard, the Air Elemental takes it's proper position in the magical circle and waits while the mystically inclined member of the team goes through the steps needed and after several minutes of saying odd sounding words and completing complex hand gestures there is a nearly blinding light that seemingly destroys the elemental but is actually the visual effect of the returning spell completing.

OOC:

So that'll be the end of the summoned elementals. Nicely done everyone.