FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

Liz nodded slowly. If only most humans had the perspective this elemental did. "I hope that works out for you. Do you have a name? What should we call you if our paths cross again?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator & Vortex:

"Idiot." Pender curses as he moves to defend himself. "My magic has protected me from your companion's various attacks, then why would a simple punch fair any better?" The mage shakes his head like a disappointed teacher lecturing a student.

"The punch was to get me in range to do this." Eva snapped back as she pointed her hand which glowed the bright blue white of a miniature star. However, before she can carry through with her threat Pender curses as his summoned minions are defeated by Vortex in a violent burst of hurricane-force, the mage decides that it would be best if he were no longer engaged in the on-going conflict and after a quickly muttered magical incantation Pender vanishes.

"Jerk." Eva muttered aloud as her hand lowered the glow around it cooling down. "Vortex, step outside see if you can get contact with the others ok."

"Huh?" It took Vortex a moment to realize that Vindicator had been trying to reach him without success. Same would go for the rest of the team. "Ok." He answers simply and moves to follow the direction of his teammate.

Left alone the scientist turned and began to search through the mess the fleeing mage had left behind - papers and assorted trinkets scattered across the room. Making sure to leave everything as it was, as she had no way of knowing the significance of anything present, Vanguard and Spectre were much more knowledgeable in these kinds of matters, still she could get video footage of the scene that could be used later as evidence.

Outside the bookstore Vortex activated his communicator as he stepped out of his warp portal. "Testing... one, two, Alpha Oscar Mayer Hot Dog?"

Vanguard, Darklight & Jonathan Spectre:

It was a bit of awkward traveling for the magically powered speedster; checking over his shoulder on his allies progress while he led the way meant this was more of a jog for him than actually running, but impressively the psychic and the shadow manipulator kept up well thanks to their powers and in only a few minutes time they trio had crossed the distance from where they'd dealt with the last air elemental to the location their two teammates had said they were going to in an effort to track down the mage responsible for bringing all the elementals to town.

Just before the group reach the corner they needed to turn down to arrive at their destination all of their communicators bring Vortex's voice to their ears.

"Testing... one, two, Alpha Oscar Mayer Hot Dog?"

Warshade:
"I hope that works out for you. Do you have a name? What should we call you if our paths cross again?"

"Ignatius." The elemental answers. "One of your followers suggested it."

It was then that Warshade heard the voice of one of her missing teammates. "Testing... one, two, Alpha Oscar Mayer Hot Dog?"
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"More of a Ballpark man, myself," Ryan responds into the communicator.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"They're awfully helpful aren't they?" Liz smirked. Then she spoke into the comm. "Cut the chatter, Red 2. Vortex, what's your status? Where's Vindicator?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard activates his comm, "Vortex, you have Vanguard, Darklight and Spectre inbound on your position in the next minute or so. Should we come in hot or is everything under control?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 4 / LP: 2
COND: Unharmed

"Pender got away." Vortex admitted. "He had magic protecting him and those minions he summoned were rather stubborn."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan is about to speak but sees Warshade verbally chastising him for saying the one they fought were total pushovers.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz sighed inwardly. She wanted to think this wouldn't have happened with the old team but that simply wasn't true. They'd had their share of missed opportunities too. And bigger problems than "bad guy got away."

"Any idea where he went or are we back to triangulating again?"
Last edited by Shock on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Hopefully we don't have to rely on that too much, eventually he's going to get smart and start countering it," Vanguard reached into his pocket to pulled out the enchanted item, "Plus I'm not sure how long the charge will last on it before we have to redo the ritual."

"I don't suppose we have any way of tracking his property now that we know who he is?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Shouldn't he be in the computers and stuff?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Computers and stuff? Where did Mars find thi-

FOCUS ELIZABETH. HE'S RIGHT

Liz paused to collect herself. Bad guys weren't supposed to get away. "You're both right. Let's regroup and see if we can go about this a better way. Unfortunately, that means Ignatius here may be stuck here longer than we'd hoped." She looked at the composite elemental. "Can you stay out of trouble for a couple days if we leave you enough to get by on? I don't want them sending someone else after you now that we know what's really going on."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"If he wants he can stay with me for a while," Vanguard offers as he fiddles with the string with the enchanted weight on it, "I might even be able to help with his dietary needs."

If he remembered correctly Ignatius needed ambient magic to survive, or gemstones. His pocket dimension was currently flooded with ambient magic, so maybe that would be enough? Either way he'd be no stranger than some of his other guests at the moment, though the culture shock could be an issue. That being said Ignatius seemed fairly intelligent, so he'd probably be able to pick up on the local rules without much trouble.

He looked around for a moment, wondering if their quarry was still in the local area, trying to feel out any magic in the local area.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 1 Cond: Bruised

Damn
, Jon thought at the news Pender had escaped. "[We should take precautions to ensure that our friend,]" he offers, nodding to Ignatius, "[remains free of Pender's influence.]" Turning to see if Vanguard takes his cue, Spectre finds the speedster gazing into the middle distance in a way that said he was sensing more than seeing and decides to follow suit.
OoC wrote:Using Mental Detection, I'll scan for other minds the area. Perception Check 1d20+12=30.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz looked at her communicator curiously. Was Rex angling to add an elemental to his little dimension? Not that it was necessarily a bad idea. It would be a huge boost to the community's ability to create shelter and energy. She started thinking about how the biggest limitation would be the fuel it needed to keep fires going in a furnace that could be used for all sorts of purposes. And that wasn't even touching on its strength and strong capabilities for self-defense. Rex was right that there was enough magical energies in the place to fuel the creature's needs. But what about the "strong take what they want" issue? How quickly could it adjust? Did it even want to?

ELIZABETH?

Huh?

WE'RE NOT DONE YET

Oh. Right

"Ignatius? We need to get you someplace more secure. Someplace Pender can't find you. Will you come with us?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard grimaces and puts the weighted string back in his pocket, "Bad news, looks like our jerk finder ran out of magic mojo."