For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade:
Shock wrote:
"Here specifically?" Liz pointed at the floor. "We were looking for you."

DUH

"More to the point, I couldn't guess what society is like where you're from, but here theft and property destruction are pretty big issues. What you were taking for sustenance has different value to us." Liz put her hands on her hips. "We're giving you a break because you're here involuntarily and have a uh... complicated situation. But the public at large isn't going to get that. The official story is going to be that we found you, defeated you and sent you back where you came from."
For a few moments the Magma Elemental is quite, considering what you'd said. "Where I come from those that can take something they need, they do so. If they have to take it by force then that is what is required and it is not given another thought."

"I do have most of what I had taken, I had no idea how long I would be here and tried to build a stock of ...."
The Elemental pauses again as it tries to come up with the right word. "...food. Would that help the public?"
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 3 LP: 1
Condition: Injured 2

"'Might makes right' may work if you've nothing to compare it to but it's a lousy way to live if you're on the wrong side. But how your society works isn't my concern." Liz shrugged. She wasn't about to try to reshape civilization on another plane of existence.

"It might make for good PR if you return it all yourself. But given recent events, they'll want to detain you anyway. I'm assuming that's not desirable from your end."

"If you prefer, we can return everything you leave behind and deliver a message once you're gone. That'll prevent any attempt to imprison you here."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade:
"'Might makes right' may work if you've nothing to compare it to but it's a lousy way to live if you're on the wrong side. But how your society works isn't my concern." Liz shrugged. She wasn't about to try to reshape civilization on another plane of existence.

"It might make for good PR if you return it all yourself. But given recent events, they'll want to detain you anyway. I'm assuming that's not desirable from your end."
"I would assume that "detaining me" would be a bad thing."
"If you prefer, we can return everything you leave behind and deliver a message once you're gone. That'll prevent any attempt to imprison you here."
The Magma Elemental nods his large head. "That would likely be for the best."
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Once the elemental was successfully sent home Vanguard pulled out a broom from his pocket, cleared all of the chalk at super speed, then he quickly redrew a "magical circle". The different was that the first one was magical and could alter the forces of reality. The second one? He'd saw it in a Japanese comic book once.

This one also got the broom treatment. It was silly, but it would make recovering what was drawn almost impossible. And it was hilarious to see a mage use magic to retrieve the last drawn item on the floor and get a red herring for their trouble. Or at least it was the last time he'd actually seen somebody do it.

"Hey boss, we've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that the air elemental is gone. Bad news is that it made a bit of a mess on the way out here. Nobody is hurt, but there was some minor property damage and a few cars flipped over," Vanguard said into his comm, "You might want to contact the authorities and give them the all clear."

"You want us to come back to you, or should we try to meet up with the others?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
Condition: Injured 2

Liz held up a finger. "Just a sec."

"Vanguard, I still haven't heard from Vortex or Vindicator. I need your group to find out what's going on."

She turned back to the elemental. "We're in agreement then. Out of curiosity, what's going to happen to you when you go back? My understanding is that you're two beings fused together by a magical accident. When you return, will you revert to your original forms or be stuck as you are? Do you even know what will happen? I assume this isn't something you have a lot of experience with."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 4 / LP: 2
COND: Unharmed

More wind. "Just go down you ass!"
Toughness: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25

Wide-Angle Vortex - on the lizards
Dodge DC 20, Toughness 25/20
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Okay, guess we got our marching orders," Vanguard looks at the others, "Ready to go find the Vs?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Darklight heads in the direction the other V's went in shadow form.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 1 Cond: Bruised

Vanguard wrote:"Okay, guess we got our marching orders," Vanguard looks at the others, "Ready to go find the Vs?"
"[After you.]"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade
Condition: Injured 2[/color]

"Just a sec." Liz held up a finger to the Elemental.

"Vanguard, I still haven't heard from Vortex or Vindicator. I need your group to find out what's going on."

Warshade turned back to the elemental. "We're in agreement then. Out of curiosity, what's going to happen to you when you go back? My understanding is that you're two beings fused together by a magical accident. When you return, will you revert to your original forms or be stuck as you are? Do you even know what will happen? I assume this isn't something you have a lot of experience with."

The Elemental gives what resembles a shrug. "No, but I do know that mergings of two, powerful elementals has happened where I come from. So I won't be as unique there as I am here as there are others there. So I will make a home for myself while I decide what to do with myself."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vanguard, Jonathan Spectre & Darklight:

"Okay, guess we got our marching orders," Vanguard says as he looks at the others, "Ready to go find the Vs?"

"[After you.]" Spectre answers with a short showman's bow.

Darklight simply nods his head and moves in the direction the other V's went in his shadow form.

OOC:
Just a post to move you 3 along.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator & Vortex:

Again Vortex opens a portal that lets loose hurricane force winds that he directs against his opponents, this time scattering them across the other half of the room where they slam into the stone walls so violently that they disappear in Lizard Man-sized puffs of smoke.

While on the other side of the room Pender curses as he catches the end of his summoned minions and ends his search for whatever he was looking. After the normal sounding curse a guttural series of words leave the mage's lips which causes him to glow for a moment then immediately vanish as well.

OOC:
Lizard Men Dodge (vs DC 20): _: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17, and that'll be them going against the full Toughness DC.
Lizard Men Toughness (vs DC): _: 1D20-7 = [15]-7 = 8, and a massive fail for all of them which takes them out of the fight & this world.

That'll bring us to Pender's turn & he's going to cut & run, so an HP to Vindicator & Vortex.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard does his best to lead without leaving everybody in the dust. Which was hard seeing as one was teleporting via shadows and could be anywhere at any given time.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 4; Condition: annoyed
"Idiot." Pender curses as he moves to defend himself. "My magic has protected me from your companion's various attacks, then why would a simple punch fair any better?" The mage shakes his head like a disappointed teacher lecturing a student.
"The punch was to get me in range to do this." Eva snapped back as she pointed her hand which glowed the bright blue white of a miniature star. However before she could fire Penders eyes widened as Vortex flat out removed his summons form the board leaving him alone. then he promptly vanished with a muttering of some blasted spell.

"Jerk." Eva muttered aloud as her hand lowered the glow around it cooling down. "Vortex, step outside see if you can get contact with the others ok."

She then turned and began to search through the papers and assorted trinkets in the room. She made sure to leave everything as it was, since she didn't yet know the signifigance of anything --Vanguard, and Spectre would know better-- still she could get the info recorded and used for later evidence as needed.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 5 / LP: 2
COND: Unharmed

"Huh?" It took Vortex a moment to realize that Vindicator had been trying to reach him without success. Same would go for the rest of the team. "Ok."

He warped outside and tried to contact them. "Testing... one, two, Alpha Oscar Mayer Hot Dog?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe