The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

The elf shakes his head solemnly. "No backing out this time my friend. These creatures are a crime against nature, and as such..." He draws his daggers, and something about his face looks entirely too grim for his personality. "The one behind them most be put to justice."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : normal

"Somebody made those things on purpose ?!" Reva stated as she powered up Accelerato and looked for someplace out of melee range to run to (just in case, of course !), "Regular animals and monsters are quite enough, thank you !"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"From what I understand, some common monsters we once new species like these," Yarl says. "Idiot wizards are always playing god with man and beast."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1, LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

Rachel had been paying most of her attention to the symbols on the floor, occasionally nodding in recognition at some comment or another from one of her companions. She even took a few moments to sketch out some of the diagrams on a piece of paper from her pack. It was only after a little while that she glanced around the room again and hers eyes widened as she put the facts together.

"Yarl is quite right- we need to dispose of these chemicals, and we probably need to scrub some of these symbols away if we can. This is alchemy at work, one of the darkest forms of transmutation magic. And worse that that- this ritual diagram, these chemicals, they are all almost ready to be put to use. Whoever did that... (waving at the cages), is almost certainly nearby, and probably plans to employ these elements Very Soon. They may return at any moment."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot

"Ok, what we doing? Quick-like. Wizard may be back any moment. Also, what our goal here? If we come in, trash his work, we are guarantee-ing hostile relations to Wizard, yes? No chance at talk. No chance to ask what going on with town. Just poof. We are frogs. Mot no like frogs. Is this really what we want?
" Mot asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

"Well, there's a simple solution to making sure the one who did this can't use what they've already prepared again." Alanari comments, bringing one of his blades to a position where they can start scratching out the runes drawn out.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Wait, there might be power infused in the etching already," Yarl says. He's going to see if he can sense any power in the runes or similar dangers. His main magic skill is literally Runic Magic.

Runic Magic check: 1d20+10 26
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

While attention is elsewhere, Mot will try to 'talk' to the one that looks like an eyeless vampiric giant rat. "Uh... hello?" he asks softly.
Camus

The alchemist

Post by Camus »

Yarl can tell the runes hold power, but that power needs to be activated. Much like any other runic magic an earthly catalyzer needs to be employed here, and he can guess it must be one of the concoctions being prepared in the laboratory. He can also tell that Alanari can scratch the runes to make them ineffective... or even, unstable. If he directs Alanari so he scratches the symbols correctly, he could make whoever cast the spell get a nasty surprise...

Meanwhile, Mot tries to communicate with the twisted creature that he thinks resembles a rat. He only gets growls and a few barks. One in particular is quite loud.

OOC: So, you have 3 rounds until something happens, given that the barking has alerted someone.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"If you are going to damage the runes, use thin slices to divide the rune without altering its appearance. Perhaps there, there, and there," Yarl tell Alanari. "If there are separations where there shouldn't be, the rune might look normal to someone standing above it but looking up close will reveal the flaw.

At the sound of barking, "Confounded. That might have alerted someone to our presence. Should we hide and prepare an ambush, perhaps?" (ooc: how many exits does this room have?)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Preparing to show Greatness!

Taking in everything; the runes, the twisted creatures, the dilapidated outside with well-maintained exterior, the fog that had bewitched his town that emanated from this location led him to one conclusion…

“My compatriots…we are about to face a foe unlike any other. An evil sorcerer that wishes ruin upon us and our town. He…” then he paused briefly and looked at Rachel and Rena and winked. “…or SHE, because women can be powerful and evil, too, you know, and must be stopped!”

He heard the barks and saw the concern on Mot’s face, along with the concern in Alanari’s voice. He brandished his sword and his theme music shifted to an orchestral; version of this. “Fear not, my fine lizard-thing, your bungling has only expedited that which was inevitable. This was the reason we were brought together.”

“My fine Alabaster, perhaps you and the dirty huntress should hide for an advantage. But I work best in the light. Let this miscreant come and face justice at the edge of my blade!”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot tries to shush the creature to no avail then suddenly realizes they're the center of attention.

Mot will go to close and lock, or otherwise jam the far doors to buy the companions more time to do... whatever fool thing they are doing. Then Mot will find a dark place to hide in.
Camus

The alchemist

Post by Camus »

Not too soon did Mot jam the door lock, that someone on the other side tried to open it. Mot scurries away, sheltering himself in a dark corner behind some crates. The boisterous, and gender sensible, Thadd, on the other hand, stands at the ready, sword held high. Meanwhile the pretty not too dirty huntress and Alanari, who by now is not surprised at being called a plethora of different names, spot a good place to hide behind the crates where Mot scurried to just now.
All in all, the door jamming allowed everyone a time to prepare, before the door was blown to smithereens by some powerful force! In the wake of the destruction, a robed man enters the room. The dust and poor lighting make it hard to see his face.

OOC You can take one action before the combat starts. Roll for initiatives. You can make a perception roll to make something out of the enemy. Magical knowledge can be useful to identify the spell he used to destroy the door.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot barely contains all bodily functions as a freaking angry wizard uses a reality-breaking spell and storms into the room.

Nevertheless, Mot retains the wherewithall to pull out a vial of Poison in one hand and several throwing stones in the other in preparation to coat one with the other.

Init: 1d20+6 10
Perception: 1d20+9 22
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Dispensing justice!

Thadd's golden tresses blew back as the door flew into splinters in front of him. But it quickly snapped back into place as he watched a robed form, obscured by the dust and debris entered the room.

"Well, well, well..." Thadd the Great said to the man entering the room. "Very nice. You do know how to make an entrance. But alas, your theatrics do not intimidate a great hero such as I. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Thadd the Great, hero of Solmir, trained at the sword of Eldorian the Sentinel! And in the tradition of the great heroes, I will allow you this opportunity to stand down and save yourself the thrashing of a lifetime! What say you??!?"
Initiative: 1d20+6 23
Perception check: 1d20+7 17

And not that it will help, but...

Persuasion check: 1d20+12 17
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum