[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Bladewind »

Took me awhile to catch up, but I have no issue with adding another player
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OK, how's this?
---------------------
Eric Sams - PL 8
Age: 43, Brown hair tinged with gray, Green eyes, 6'4" / 9'6", 225 / 1005 lbs.

Abilities: 6/6/6/4/6/4/6/4 [42]
Strength 3/6, Stamina 3/6, Agility 3/6, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 2

Advantages:[2*][12]
Contacts, Connected (free*), Equipment 1, Evasion, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 2, Attractive (free*), Move-by Action, Benefit 2 (Wealth 1, Investigator's License), Instant Up

Skills: [45|15] [8|4] [19]
Acrobatics 1 (+4/7), Athletics 1 (+4/7), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Surveillance 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+9/12)
Close Combat: Claws 8 (14)

Powers: 46
Alternate Form (Move Action) [-1]
- Claws: Strength-based Damage 2 Penetrating 2 Multi-attack 2 [2+2+2]
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 3 (+3 STA) [6]
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 3 (+3 STR) [6]
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGI) [6]
- Movement: Wall crawling 2, Safe Fall 1, Trackless 2 (Visual, Sound) [2+1+2]
- Enhanced Trait 1: Improved Initiative 1 [1]
- Speed 1 [1]
- Regeneration 5 [5]
- Protection 2 [2]

Senses (9): Acute Smell 1, Analytical Smell 1, Accurate Smell 1, Dark vision 2, Tracking 1, Ultra-Hearing 1, Danger Sense 2

Equipment:
Cell Phone (Smartphone), Camera, Semiautomatic Pistol

Offense:
Initiative +10 *
Claws: Strength-based Damage +2, +8 (DC 23) *
Grab, +3/6 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +3/6 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 19)
Melee: +3 (DC 19) *

Defense: 7
Dodge 2(+5/8), Parry 2(+8), Fortitude (+3/6), Toughness (+3/8), Will (+6)

Power Points: 42+46+12+19+7
Abilities 42 + Powers 46 + Advantages 12 + Skills 19 (53 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 126
Free Advantages with Presence: Connected, Attractive.
Complications:

Code of Honor: Eric has dedicated himself to protecting the weak and punishing the guilty.

Mythic Weakness: Silver. As a were-tiger, Eric is vulnerable to items made of silver. Wounds
made by silver weapons regenerate at half the normal rate.

Prejudice: Were-tiger form. In the form of a 9'6", half ton of feline fury, Eric is SCARY!
While there is great acceptance of his kind, some will still run screaming, while
others will attack mindlessly.

[Secret: Killer. No matter how justified he felt in doing so, Eric DID kill the crook who killed
his wife and child.]

Languages:
English

Backstory:

Eric's school days were a blur as he pursued his dream with the tenacity of a wild predator hunting its prey. He graduated from the Police Academy at the top of his class. And once he was hired as a policeman, his drive and dedication came to the attention of his superiors, and it wasn't long before he was sporting a Detective shield, getting married a month later. Everything was going great for Eric, until...

Eric had had a distinguished career, reaching the rank of Captain, when his world came crashing down around him. One day, as Eric was working on some paperwork in the office, he heard a report over the police radio about a robbery turned hostage situation. The report initially said there was one casualty, but as Eric listened, the report said, "Correction: two fatalities. A woman and her unborn child." Eric listened, unable to turn away as the report continued, "The woman is identified as Margery Sams." Eric screamed, altering the squad-room that something was amiss, then, moments later, he passed out, being taken directly to the hospital.

On the day Eric found out about his wife, Eric was knocked down hard by some illness he'd never had before. In fact, he'd caught the Devolution Virus, and it ravaged his body for several days. Once he came home from the hospital, he noticed things had... changed... His senses had heightened, become more sensitive. This struck him as extremely odd. That night, he dreamed he was in the jungle, hunting, when he came across a tiger. Instead of attacking him, though, the tiger led him deeper into the jungle, to a lake where they drank. Eric savored the cool, clean taste of the water, until he noticed his head looked an awful lot like the tiger. As he woke with a start, he looked down at a pair of giant tiger paws that had somehow replaced his hands.

As his paws changed back into his hands, he got the feeling that his police career was over, as much as the rest of his life was. The next morning, he got the call from his superior, telling him that the man being held for shooting his wife had been let go on some technicality. It was at that moment that he submitted his intention to retire. He couldn't remain part of a system that could let a cold-blooded killer go free due to some knuckle headed clerical error.

Eric found out where the killer would be cut loose and got there in time to see the crook literally give the cops the finger. Eric tailed the guy all day, until, late that night, he finally caught the guy alone. Then, shifting, he pounced, mauling the crook like some giant jungle cat (a tiger, maybe?), knowing the body wouldn't be found for several days.

The next day, he decided that he could do more good as an individual anyways, and so he worked towards getting a license to operate as a private investigator. Then, he found work as an assistant to a local PI. He knew he'd do well, with his years of experience on the force; even as a Captain, he'd been busy working on cases. And, with his retirement from the force, plus the insurance, he wasn't going to hurt for money, which he was NOT worried about now...
Last edited by ichigorno on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:43 am, edited 22 times in total.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just so you are aware, you can edit old posts.

Otherwise yeah. You could really drop the first paragraph since that's the part that's pretty much the exact same as Velari's, but yeah.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I thought you could only edit recent posts. Thanks for the info :)
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems thing a are fine overall then. Once I have a good spot to ait down I'll give him a chance to be introduced. In the meantime, can Catsi and Bladewind see about their next course of action? Would be good to get everyone in the same spot.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Yay!
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:14 pm Just so you are aware, you can edit old posts.

Otherwise yeah. You could really drop the first paragraph since that's the part that's pretty much the exact same as Velari's, but yeah.
Was just about to say the same thing - but to add, it's less confusing for everyone (especially the GM) if a build is only posted once.
After, when you update, use square brackets, but you can add a link: (url=www.directlink.com)text(/url) to let the GM know you tweaked the build.

You can obtain a direct link by clicking on the little folded paper icon next to the name of the poster on the left side of the screen.

Welcome aboard ichigorno ! glad you found a game to jump into !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Copper and Cheye are heading back to the group pretty much
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

viewtopic.php?p=96366#p96366

Just testing, folks ;)
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

ichigorno wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:18 pm viewtopic.php?p=96366#p96366

Just testing, folks ;)
You're free to enter at any point! Welcome aboard. By the way, I recommend adding this as a complication; [Secret: Killer]
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Pathfinder and Catsi brought it up, I'll have it be that he's met them before in the past accordingly. Jenny would've been much more inconsequential of an encounter, but it's enough that she's familiar. She might in fact remember him more clearly then he to her.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Cool
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Welcome to the game, Ichigorno.

I have a couple of suggestions that might be helpful. Or not. Hopefully not the "or not".

You may wish to use quotation marks when your character is speaking. You might find in some games on the boards that people use the colored text with no quote to mean an internal monologue or mental projection. It can lead to a bit of confusion.

You may also want to start your posts with your character's name. Helps the players and GM to know who's the focus for the post. It's helpful when you're reading them in a quick go. I also like to use it to track HP and current status of the character in some games.
Of course I'm also terribly lazy, so I tend to quote my old posts, and remove everything but the info at the top before starting my next post.
Saves some time.
Also helps players (like me) when they're writing a post and forget how to spell somebody's name ;~)
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I've been operating under the assumption that Cheyenne and Jenny know each other. It's starting to look like this isn't the case...
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no