[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Oh, they know each other. It is just a matter of whether or not they want to admit that to someone who is friends with a person that we thought might be a Bad Guy.

Jenny is about to let the feline familiar out of the bag- I'll get an IC post up shortly...
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Is that better?
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

ichigorno wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:48 am Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

OOC: Would anything about Eric trigger the Comprehend Spirits? And do any of his senses enable him to detect magic?
UP to the GM, but I could see the possibility of Eric being Shadowed by the spirit of the guy he killed (if not now, perhaps at a later time, like a Complication). Probably nothing else- not sure about Abby.

It doesn't look like he might specifically detect magic- but Jenny might have a lingering scent like hot metal- nothing a normal person might sense, but Eric's enhanced sense might catch it. It might not mean much, but it would reveal that she isn't a normal baseline human.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

one might argue as well that were beasts are spiritual creatures if we use the WOD variation here. they have strong and deep connections to the spirits
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Nothing about Eric's sheet would indicate he can detect magic without seeing someone casting magic.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The ability to detect magic is more often gonna be limited to just Sorcerer-types like Felix, Cheynne, and Jenny. All supernatural monsters tend to be more on the biological scale of things, though they'd probably look pretty interesting if someone could say, see a person's aura. Jenny's sight is keyed more specifically to spirits, but I wouldn't be against Pathfinder expanding into more psychic-like abilities like aura-reading.

Now, regarding actual spirits around Erics... Well, there's no more need to expand on that front for now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

If this were WoD, Eric would have some sensitivity to magical workings, something the Bastet (werecats) called 'spiderface'. Does Eric here have anything that would simulate that?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You might be able to smell a crackle of ozone if someone's using some particularly volatile or strong spell, but otherwise your methods of magical observation are the same as a mundane.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Not at the moment. You want to take a few ranks in the Senses power for Magic Awareness with Ranged so can detect magic happening around you. Or Detect Spirits for sensing when spirits are present, acute if you want to be able to tell any detail about them.

Otherwise as Doc says, you're restricted to your more mundane methods like seeing a spell being cast, or noticing the more obvious effects like smell.

M&M is a game of effects. There are no real inherent riders. You are paying points for everything your character is able to do. If you didn't spend points to be able to detect magic being cast, then you can't detect it in any special way.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Ok. Since I don't know when Eric will earn those PPs, he has no ability to sense magic, aside from an acute nose. Gotcha.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The more you guys progress the game with posts, the faster you can earn some PP.

;) *nudge nudge*
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I think we're ready to be in the diner.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

What would Eric have heard from his police force contacts? Any horror stories?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Regarding what exactly?
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Are there manpower shortages due to the prevalence of the drug? Are cops getting hooked on it, and how has it impacted their ability to perform their duties? Is this drug impacting K-9 units? Are undercover cops getting hooked on it and being forced to leave the police force? Have the police made any inroads into the organization supplying the drug?These are some thoughts off the top of my head.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no