[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Nah, we're totally going to re-animate you.

Or possibly bind your soul into some of your magi-tech, so you are a literal "ghost in the machine".

Kidding? Too soon?

(Seriously, this is going to give Jenny a complex or something. She/I liked Felix)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oh don't you worry Pathfinder, this is going to give Bob plenty of ammo in the future.

I have some plans, by the way. I just need Copper to try and land the finishing shot.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Fortunately Chey has a soilution thats going to hurt just be posting it later
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Brutal. Well done Felix.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Now im torn do i take interpose and prevent such an awesome moment or use to remove the fatigue and beat longhorn to death?

decisions decisions :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I didn't see interpose on your character sheet, since nobody had it I figured I might as well keep things rolling.

Feel free to end a cow if Copper doesn't beat you to it ;~)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

can take it with a hero point which she has left

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

*pinches brow*

Alright... While you did just watch your companion get rather brutally attacked, are you absolutely certain about not just killing Longhorn, but doing it in an excessively brutal manner?
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alright, it seems you changed your mind. You need to let me know when you edit your post though, I was waiting to see what you'd decide
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well I had a draft that was basically Chey dodging the initial post but then using a hero point to Interpose because she realized that Felix would be hit So Arkites post was what she saw happening in her mind.

the rolls were such that she would have been staggered

still Ark had a great post so I decided to just roll with it

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Arkite, at the start of our next adventure start yourself off with one extra hero point atop the one you'll refresh. Felix could've chosen to leave, and given the circumstances it may've been advised to do so quickly, but he stayed behind long enough to try and bring the deceased man home. That's definitely a heroic action.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Bladewind, can you give me a beat on how much Copper knows this guy?
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

So I've noticed we're running into a little friction with Michael's introduction.

It's a fun idea having the government agent show up at the end of the adventure and would work great in TV or a Movie where we could transition to the next scene where everything has mostly been hashed out.

From a game perspective I think we ran into a problem with the team not having the best perspective of the government, and most of them being in a position of wanting to retreat.

Please feel free to correct me if I get this one wrong, it's mostly speculation.

Jenny - Street rat isn't going to feel safe around government types, especially if she's committed crimes to survive, or believes that her freedom might be at risk. I suspect she'd run at the first opportunity.

Eric - Cop for how many years? He's got to have somewhat jaded view of government agents.
Government types are the guys who have more funding than you, show up after you've done all the hard investigation, share nothing themselves but demand everything you've done, then take credit for the arrest. He'd probably work with them, but only as much as he absolutely had to, and he's currently in a bad mood due to Minotaur issues.

Cheyenne - Strikes me as the sort who doesn't like anybody telling her what to do. Might get her back up on principle.

Felix - Paranoid, scared, and currently injured. Not a great combo. He's been making efforts not to come to people's attention because he doesn't want the government digging into his works, and he's concerned about the end result. I honestly considered having him go to ground until Echo called him out for the next adventure if they started dropping names or details about his personal life.

The good news is: none of this is actually an issue with Michael, so much as the timing of the introduction.

Things might go a little easier if he gives them the "I'll clean things up here. Best you aren't around when the cops show up" speech, wink and smile. Then Michael meets up with the team the next time Echo calls the group together.
This would Help Eric know that this isn't a government guy looking for an easy spot in the news paper/promotion, puts him on the same playing level as Cheyenne, and if he's being sneaky about this stuff (and Echo's supporting him) than Jenny and Felix probably don't need to feel worried about their lives suddenly being under Government control.

Puts everybody at a much more relaxed, neutral state where we're all equals.

... Or I'm nuts.
It's entirely possible that I'm nuts ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yes, I've had a few ideas of how to proceed. I do think that right now the best course of action would be to help transition the rest of you PCs into the epilogue of our second adventure here while our friendly neighborhood elf stays behind to cover the messy bits of this endeavor.
------------