[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Loneclaw

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Loneclaw »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:36 pm Just wanna point out older apartment building stairwells are not known for overhead clearance. I mean, sure you've got like 8 feet, maybe a little more on the landings, but our spider lady is large sized.

It doesn't seem spacially viable for her to get above anyone to drop a web net on them.
See, this is exactly why I got this feature:
Loneclaw wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:16 pm Feature Can fit in any space as if she was Size rank -2
These scenarios are going to pop up every once in a while, and I'd rather spare everyone the headache of having to plan around Melanie's size. ;)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

And I should think the feature makes sense... A good chunk of her size (represented amongst other things by the Intimidation bonus) is her legs. If she can tuck those in to the point of almost appearing to retract them... yeah, I think that Feature's awesome myself.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Hey, thanks. ;D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think there is an irony in there that I completely missed that feature, lol.

I still don't think she'd be able to effectively get overhead without being noticed there simply due to the limited overhead clearance, but it's a great feature to have, and interesting way around the size issue. (It acts like having an alternative power off her growth power, that is the same power, but with the "Size doesn't change" +0 extra on it, but in this way it makes more sense for the dynamic of the power itself. :D)

Side note: I noticed people rolling dodge on the area check. I didn't, because I thought Malsyn was using the old 2E "targetted area" mechanics, which doesn't allow a dodge roll since it uses an attack roll, which Malsyn seems to have used.

Doc, can we get a clarification on that? I should i make a dodge roll?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Her area attack was ranged, but ahe still needed to make an attack and get it on point. It could've literally blown up in her face if she rolled poorly. You're still able to roll dodge to avoid the worst effects.

I'm not sure what she can do now that they're sealed off, but Cheyenne still has her turn.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Abnormal, but okay. I edited in a dodge roll, which succeeded, and changed her failed fort save into a marginally successful one, so, yay.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While Cheynne's attack sounds super cool, I believe that between Arachne and Delancey, the people in the stairwell are trapped. Is she breaking through the light wall?
------------
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

I can't speak for JDRook, but I explicitly put up my web "barrier" behind the leather-clad lady. If Delancey did the same, she should be reachable by Cheyenne. :3
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

I admit I missed Arachne putting up the web. My bad.

Also, if all of our actions are resolving in initiative order, I think Cheyenne would make the jump before any barrier goes up, and Felix would also be free to fire before Arachne and Delancey block everything up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Generally, I respond to things on a first come basis for the sake of efficiency. In cases like this, where one's order of action can make all the difference... Hm. Tough call for me.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ahh, so that's why you had Velari's action go off despite being last in the init
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Well, we are a newly minted team, both in-game and IRL, so it's inevitable we'd eventually step on each other's toes without some considered planning.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

True. *nods*
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

For sure.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

For the sake of convenience and moving right along, I'll have these happening in tandem. Chey leaping up, Delancey creating the barrier a hair's breath later.
------------