[OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: [OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - The Reboot

Post by Gilliam »

Good idea, I think the plan is for Angela to stunt a block on the cameras and any possible transmitters while Miranda provides an illusion to hide the homeless people being moved to safety. Once all done we attack the building.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We need to know if Angela's skills are required for disabling ... whatever is up with the substation. Or if we could send anyone to to damage things and that would do the trick. That's the information I'm waiting on.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The answer is, yes, you need to make a good Technology check to disable the transformer without it exploding and causing a multi-block blackout.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard would/will cover this IC, but I'm going to voice it here so my fellow players and GM know where I'm heading with all this.

Ideally, I'd like to split into two teams. One dealing with the transformer (Sky Guard and Angela) and the other dealing with the homeless. The flaw in that plan, if I understand the mechanics, is that Angela's jammer would be centered on her. Meaning she'd need to be in the homeless settlement while the homeless are being exfiltrated. Is that correct Kendseido?

If that is so, Gilliam has the right of it. We'd need to deal with the homeless then go after the transformer. Even if it risks the transformer going off before we get to it.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Given the power stunt and descriptor, yes it is centered on Angela.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

One thing of note is that the homeless people will resist going through portals. They are not friendly to the heroes so they wont just go where you tell them to.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Portals with that many would be difficult depending on the time we have and how big the camp is.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We have a very mobile team that could help move people through/to portals. Once the illusion is broken, we can use any means of moving people along. The illusion and being subtle is there to buy us some extra time before the Black Rose Society does something with the transformer.

Kensiedo, if the homeless were given proof that they are being spied on, would that warrant a new check to gain their cooperation? If they are convinced that there is a threat to them in the settlement, shouldn't they want to leave?

If moving people is not a realistic option that leaves us with: 1.) Forget the homeless and risk letting them become frenzied beast people. 2.) Search for mutagen dispersal systems that might not even be there and disarm them. 3.) Scare the homeless out of the area.

I think 2 is nixed, because our scouting party has already looked around the area and found none. Sky Guard wouldn't endorse 1. Option 3 could turn into as much of a PR nightmare as physically forcing people to leave the area. If someone wants to voice another idea your character does not have to remain quiet.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

As outsiders, you automatically start one level removed from neutral. Anyone linked to authority (i.e. identifiable superheroes) start off around hostile.

It's possible you could convince them, but as I alluded to in my last post, there are "guards" among the homeless that the PCs have not identified yet. They will definitely complicate things if allowed to operate freely.

As for "searching" for dispersion systems, I haven't seen a specific mention of that by anyone. If I missed it, I apologize.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am going to refrain from having Kit factor in guards until he is certain of them, but OOC is certainly does complicated an evacuation. Although a fight might scare the homeless and a PR spin would be we saved the homeless so long as it doesn't go to heck.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I think it's reasonable to assume they are there, just whether or not you can identify them. It's a pretty standard security measure to supplement technology with live people and it would be easy to blend them in with the homeless.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard is expecting the scouting party to have done a thorough search and threat assessment, to the best of their abilities. That would include looking for dispersion systems which he's commented on a couple times. They haven't reported any. I don't think anyone has mentioned to him how hostile/resistant the homeless demeanor has been either.

Arca-Knight mentioned there could be guards and that it would make her illusions less effective. Sky Guard has mentioned dispersion systems for the mutagen. Those things coupled with the "do any last scouting you need to" remark from Sky Guard could be justification for the scouts to jump on those things.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

There have been a few "I tell the others what I found" posts so you should not feel limited to act only on specific details stated in quoted text.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

It doesn't feel like people are enjoying this game. Maybe I am wrong, but I want people to have fun. If they aren't, then neither am I.

So I would appreciate some comments or suggestions.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am incredibly slammed at work with three eight figure contracts at a critical phase all at the same time. So that's why I am a bit slower.