[OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: [OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - The Reboot

Post by Gilliam »

Unfortunately in hindsight splitting the team didn't really work and probably slowed things down even more.

I am still keen to keep playing but I think we need to change scenes and bring everyone together at the tent area, pull off the various power stunts that have been suggested and "attack" the substation.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Part of the problem with the game is on my end. Normally, when I run a game, I am able to make a list of plot ideas to develop into stories. I will usually start a game with at least 5-10 story ideas which I would add to regularly. Not this time.

Maybe it's burnout, maybe it's something else. But I haven't connected with the game or any of the PCs like I have in the past. Maybe I put too much pressure on myself by trying to reboot my most successful game.

I am leaning towards ending the game.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Honestly if you are not enjoying the game then it would be best to stop now and maybe come back to it later on of you want to.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've had a rough go of it connecting with Kit and moving him beyond the thrill seeking face type. The redemption angle just isn't panning out as planned. Doesn't hurt that his powerset is a bit more powerful and ambiguous than I usually like.

I am good to press on, but once running a game becomes more work than fun it all tends to go down hill from there in my experience.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The split for scouting was only meant to be short term. Real world time lag has dragged out something that should have been quick, straight forward, and simple. IC, the team should merge up at the site. OOC, I think a different kind of split could help us move quicker.

I do not think going into a high stress scenario or turn based combat is a good idea for people who are taxed for time or lack the energy to regularly post. That will keep things bogged down and may end up causing frustration. We could have our active posters tackle the tactical scenario that no doubt awaits us with turn based combat, while the PCs that aren't able to post frequently deal with something with a more narrative flow. Something that doesn't require them to be fixed in turn based combat, and won't push them to post frequently. An example being Angela dealing with tech problems we are faced with (the substation, maybe a mutagen dispersal system, etc.).

These are just my impressions, observations, and suggestions. Let me know how I can help and I'll do what I can. If you need me to use Sky Guard to steer the PCs a certain way for narrative purposes, that's OK. However, Gilliam and MrDent have a point. If managing the game has become unfun, it is alright to step away. I haven't been able to really get into the game's setting or my character either.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I have heard from enough people here and in Skype; I am going to end the game here.

I hope to be playing with you all again. Thanks for your patience and encouragement.