[Forever Tree]Rustdeity OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [Forever Tree]Rustdeity OOC

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious landed outside the Tempestineer camp, and did not start talking to the Xenodrones until then. You're telling me he did not notice anything enroute, and when he landed he was surrounded by swirling debris? WHy is debris swirling around outside the Tempestineer camp?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ah, crap! My bad! I thought you were still in orbit! I’ll change the post!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’ve altered my post. Apologies!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

No biggie. Oversights happen.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

By teardrop, what Infinity is actually referring to is a Russian tower top, the kind that looks like a Hershey’s Kiss.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

How have the biotwist cultist and Arcaninaut forces reacted to all these events?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Arcaninauts have withdrawn to hiding. The biotwists are shouting what appear to be slogans of some kind, invoking the Sleeping king and a dozen other deities.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Let me know when it alright for Imperious to act again. I do not want to jump ahead prematurely.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Your turn!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Your turn!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

To be clear, yes, the Oblivion Flock is attempting to hack Shai’Halal, but’s having very little success.

Your turn!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Does Imperious see anything happening in the Datasphere? His Encephalon is active.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sorry! Got distracted yesterday by a shiny new toy! Back to it!

To answer your question: yes, plenty. Though on a much smaller scale! Nightjar-Icons of very small size float about like pollen in the wind, infecting whatever they touch. You discover to your joy that Imperious’ attentiveness to Icons’ health has paid off, as gargantuan numbers of Palace-Icons have awoken. Though initially slow to react and clueless, the Palace-Icons’ve since organized and’re now kicking ass!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Now seems like a good time to propose some Alternate Powers for Lucas' Communion Array, that I've been thinking about. They are inspired by the the Reaper's comment about a symbol/seal being used to combat the Oblivion Flock. I think the established lead in to that may be the Elder Sign, but there is no way Lucas would lean on an alien entity that is unaligned to him. Let alone something from the Beyond at this point.

So, I was thinking he'd use his own symbol. A modified version of his family crest, and employ it as a medium for his power to repel the Oblivion Flock (and other malicious forces).
Communion Array Alternate Effects wrote: Ward 15 [ward against Malicious Entities from Beyond ; Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; Extras: Continuous Duration (+1/r) ; PF: Contagious Medium (+1 pp), Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp) ; Progression 2 (+2 pp)] * 1 PP

Exorcsim 15 [ Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; PF: Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp)] * 1 PP
For the Ward AP, "Contagious Medium" is the Contagious PF ... but the Medium (Imperious' symbol) is meant to be what becomes contagious, not the targets of Ward. Thus propagating the idea that the symbol of Imperious is a protective icon.

Exorcism, I'm focusing less on the banishing summoned creatures element, and more on the "expelling corruptive influences" from someone. Something to be used while the Oblivion Flock (or any other corruptive influence) is dormant/in the early stages. Before the victim is fully converted into a Nightjar, for example.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I like it. But i want to make a storyline out of it. There’s no magic in the Forever Tree, so, in order to fit into the setting, this wouldn’t be Ritual magic, but would rather be Psionic usage of a powerful symbol to repel anathamaic entities. A form of highly specific telepathy, that requires something you believe in in order to function. That sort of thing can’t just appear out of nowhere. So, let’s do a storyline around Imperious learning to do this!