[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

"i'm all for breaking in and breaking heads. Just not a fan of the getting shot part that usually accompanies it." Chey said with a cheeky grin "lets get a lay of the land first see what were up against."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix just shrugs. The votes just hadn't gone his way.

"I'll just stick here for now. Quiet, subtle and sneaky aren't exactly in my wheelhouse," He notes dryly as he sits looking like a Shadowrun Mage.

He considered trying to see about tracking the local machines and maybe even hacking into the electronics in the warehouse, but he still wasn't sure how they'd put that virus on the phone. It was possible they had somebody like himself on their side, which would tip them off immediately.

Even though he didn't really agree with the sneaky plan he still felt he ought to give them the best chance at success.

He also didn't expect the criminal enterprise to have too many cameras inside the building recording their criminal acts for posterity. He couldn't prove it, but it seemed a reasonable assumption.

So instead he used the zoom option on his mirror shades to check out the building while trying to feel out any lingering magic in the area, or on the building itself.
OOC:
Perception check to check for magic on warehouse: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
Pretty good roll, but I don't have high hopes at long range ;~)
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

"Wards? Shit. I've no idea how to get past those, or even if there's one there. I mostly rely on not being where the sensors are looking."

Eric sighs. "Unless someone here can give me some tech to detect such things so that I can avoid them, I may well be a distraction after all."

Eric sighs and shakes his head. With a snarl on his face, he says, "Screw it. This organization has to be taken down. No matter what."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I could make something, but it would probably take about six hours and burn out in another two," Felix shrugs, "Just treat it like a fancy security system. Assume going through a window or door might set off a silent alarm, or you might get zapped by some magic."

"I don't think anybody's got a good enough handle on the magic to create a trap that'd kill anyone here. Just assume that as soon as you go inside they're probably going to know, and plan accordingly,"
He pauses, "Which means let us know before you go in so we can come get you if you don't message us in a couple minutes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix after dirrecting his focus towards the building does notice some strong concentrations of magic. The largest of them seems to be a tangled mess within what might've been the main factory floor. He lacks the skill to discern what it all means precisely, but instinct tells him that's probably where they're concentrsting Source.

As far as potential warding goes, he is picking up traces near the doors, but the windows seem untouched magically.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix sits forward and touches his mirror shades, "Oh, never mind, I think I just hit the right frequency... Uh... doors have magic on them but the windows..."

He trailed off looking at the windows again just to be sure, "Are clear. So avoid the doors, use windows."

"Oh, and good money says they're making the drugs on the factory floor. That area is light up light a magical christmas tree. I can't really say what's doing what, but that is a heck of a lot of power flying around."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Having come up with a vague plan of action, the scouting party composed of El Tigre , Copper, and velari move out.

GM: Ichigorno, Bladewind, toss me some stealth rolls for a team check. Whoever posts first is in lead. I'll back you up with Velari afterward.

While those three move out, the remaining trio get themselves comfortable within the Mongrel. Jenny seems to have a few ideas kicking around in her head to work what meagre magic she has, while Cheyenne has already expressed her desire to just go in loud and proud. Felix is left to hope that the scouting party holds his magical analysis to heart and avoid the possibly warded doors but now the questions remains of what to do nest? They have some small amount of time to prepare for the next fight.

If Felix has the alchemical tools and Da Vinci's grimoire still, I'll allow him to use his Artificer advantage as if he had spent a hero point. He may do this once per adventure. Please add this do your abilities list;
Da Vinci's Brilliance: Feature 2, Easily removable device "Once per adventure, when using both the Grimoire and Alchemical Tools alongside the artificer advantage, the user may treat it as if they've employed a Hero Point to Jury-Rig the artifact."
Depending on how adventures go, other characters may come across similarly useful minor artifacts or abilities.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
OOC:
Stealth
1d20+9: 20 [1d20=11]
https://orokos.com/roll/802473
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Both Velari and Copper Rolled enough total to net +5 bonus to Eric's roll

The trio of would-be supernatural heroes make a combined effort to scale the warehouse and reach the upper floors with the unwarded windows. Due to their various abilities, not a single one of them has any trouble getting up there whatsoever. Nobody seems to notice their approach either, which is much more to their natural skills then anything nebulous like luck.

Velari manipulates her hands to squeeze through the window pane's edges in the spots where age has made the seams weak. With a display of dexterity impossible to achieve by those with restrictive bones she cracks it in two silently, and then puts both halves of the glass down below. "Good to go," She whispers to the weretiger.

Imidietly upon entering the building, the three find themselves within a long hallway that seems to extend the twenty feet in total. Only two doors are visible on the interior wall, one of them hanging in splinters. Each end of the hallway extends past a corner, leading deeper into what might've been the warehouse's management level.

Outside

Felix, Jenny, and Cheyenne are for the moment in a holding position just outside. The Mazerunner keeping watch of the building still hasn't noticed the Mongrel's presence, leaving the three mages to consider what their part to play in this operation in relative peace.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Not really sure of what to do while he waits for the others, Felix tries to take a constructive approach to the situation.

"So, after we do this I'm thinking burgers, chinese or pizza," He considers, "I like chinese takeout but it's so expensive. But the pizza joints around here are so lackluster. Like they all buy their supplies from the same shop."

He continues watching the building waiting for a sign that it's time to get moving.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

"Heh Burgers sounds great to me." Cheye chuckled easily her eyes hawkishly scanning the area for trouble.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny shifted slightly in her seat- while the others were watching the physical world, she had tuned her senses towards the spirit world, just in case...

After a moment, she nodded- her voice was soft and slurred. "Didn't we just eat, like, an hour ago? One meal a day, that's the kind of things that builds character. Anything more is just luxury.."

>OOC: Just checking in, basically
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Description Perception, are they being watched?
Results 1d20+9: 19 [1d20=10]

Eric will first take a look into the hallway to see if there is any sign of hidden cameras. He's curious to see just how paranoid this Longhorn really is, and just how reliant on magic.

Description Perception - Anyone been here recently?
Results 1d20+9: 16 [1d20=7]

He also takes a deep breath. He's hoping to find out how recently anyone has been up here. He's also itching to take a look in the office with the busted door, but, first things first.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Nonneed tonhave rolled twice, the one was fine.

There's a lingering scent in the air that Erics' nose picks up on, several that seem to spam the length if the hallway. One seems much fresher then the others, leading towards his left. The experience he has easily clues him in on the basic patrol pattern they have going on up here. This part of the building at least dosn't seem to have any electronic surveillance set up.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Sounds like that aesthetic monk stuff. Abandon worldly needs, accessing the spirit world through hunger induced hallucinations," Felix shakes his head, "I mean, if that's how you do magic, all the more power to you. My magical tradition demands slurpees, corner store chicken wings, cheesy pizza, greasy burgers, over salted fries and watered down soda."

"Which brings me back to the burgers. You thinking like gourmet burgers, fast food burgers, or those burgers you get from the bowling alley?"
Felix smiles, "Call me crazy, but I kind of like those bowling alley burgers."