[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 0

"And do what, exactly? If, as you said earlier, he's dead, then, there's nothing we can do. If he isn't, then I hate to say it, but we're not equipped to deal with him now. I'm sorry, but we really need to go." Eric sighs. "It sucks, I know, but there's nothing we can do for him, and we really have to go."

Persuasion: 1d20+8: 27 [1d20=19]
Roll Results
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Wish you had mentioned you added it in OOC, I'd missed you did until just now

Velari looks very much like she wishes to go against Eric and do something about the very ill looking man, but his words seem to have struck a cord about just how real this situation is. They don't have the time to risk trying to get him out of here and somewhere like a hospital, not without hindering their desire to keep hidden. "...Alright. I get it. Let's just hurry and get this done then, okay? The quicker we take them down the sooner we can get him to a doctor."

T-minus; 2:00
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: *sheepish look* Sorry about that.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Investigation Results: 1d20+8: 21 [1d20=13]
Dice Roll

Eric nods, then takes a long look around the room, to see if they might've missed anything.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eric notes a wavering smell of insense overlaid a sharp chemical scent, intertwined toguther and being of the same source. He thinks that if he tried he could likely follow it back to it's source, and find the person who brought this man's suffuring.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

"OK, I think I can track the guy who did this, I got a scent I can follow. If we can find him, maybe we can get some retribution for this guy. Plus, he might tell us just how they spotted this cop. Now, get that door locked and get ready to move." Then, Eric backs out into the hall and takes a deep sniff, trying to determine which way the person went.

Perception Results: 1d20+8: 28 [1d20=20]
Dice Roll
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I notice you had a double roll, one right after the other. I'm gonna assume it was a mistaken double click and get things moving along, but if that happens again in the future I will be taken the first roll out of fairness for the rest of my players here.

The trio of amateur spies sleuth their way out of the devastating room, Velari still hesitant in leaving an officer behind in such a state. She steels her heart with Eric's insistent words and makes sure it's locked behind them, as if they were never there. Her anger and frustration is now put towards the task of helping to find the bastard who did this and make sure justice is served.

Leading the dragon and slimegirl, Eric's sense of smell leads them away from where the patrol had gone down and down an alternate hallway. There's not much visibly interesting over here save for windows in various states of vandalization, the sun peaking through the grime-stained glass to shade the opposite walls a foreboding orange, a shadow slowly moving across it. Each of them take care and move quickly between the window-gaps, and if one were to peak they'd find a lanky man holding a rifle casually walking along the roof just outside. He doesn't notice their presence even for an instant.

As the deadline for things to go loud fast approaches the weretiger leads them down stairwell and up to an iron door opened just a crack. The sounds of people talking and boiling water meets their ears. Just beyond a crack the sight of a repurposed warehouse floor now being used to fuel the Mazerunner's drug bludgeoning drug empire, people in masks moving between various chemical stations to keep the flow of product coming. In the center of it all is a single man with dark skin wearing a thick long-sleeved jacket ending in gloved hands, in which a glowing blue mist occasionally flows across.

It's him.

Outside; T-Minus 0:30

The group is only moments away from the countdown given to them by Velari's strange slime orb. Jenny has prepared her spell, Felix is readying himself to power up his magitech, and now it's all on Cheynne to make the next move.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

"Ok, there's our target," Eric points to the guy in the picture. "Ok, Copper, when the others come in, I need you to fly down there and draw his attention away from here. Then Velari and I will take him from behind. Velari, you go left, I'll go right, each of us will grab a hand and yank. Hard. We're looking for dislocated shoulders, maybe even arms ripped completely off. He looks like some sort of caster, so we need to eliminate his ability to cast spells, best we can. Once we've done that, we put him on the floor, Copper lands on his belly, Velari and I each put one knee on a shoulder, and we question him. We need verification of how they knew the guy back there was an undercover cop. When the others start making noise, we go. Now, get ready."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

There was no warning or sound made but as soon as the timer in her head reached the correct moment Cheyenne whose eyes were closed as she ran through the mental scenario of visualizing the fight suddenly opened. those green eyes were laser focused and she began marching with a purpose towards the door of the building

and when she reached said door she didn't slow down or stop the door was unceremoniously kicked in as hard as she could manage. Once the door was open she went looking for her dragon and her friends.
On the move ready for a fight

cheys initiative check _: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
sheesh save those for the actual fight CC :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

When Cheyenne made her move, Felix burst out the back of the Mongrel. His fist slammed into the power insignia on the left side of his chest, and with a quick "Power: On" his jacket light up with neon lighting, a technomagic force field springing into place around him.

As he rounded the side of the Mongrel, his jacket swirling behind him, the robot arms springing from his jacket slid his staff into his hands. The crystal on the end, teaming with power, launches burst after burst of white crackling plasma directly over the head of the flat footed lookout, showering the hapless man in a downpour of harmless sparks as the shots slam into the wall above him.

"Oh for crying out loud!" he snaps as he misses yet again, making a mental note to invent some kind of self-aiming smartgun.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

Initiative
Results 1d20+7: 14 [1d20=7]

Eric waits and watches. He knows the others should be making their grand entrance now, and he is listening to hear the commotion such an entrance should make; it should draw the attention of those on the floor in that direction, which would make his group's plan easier to accomplish.

Perception
Results 1d20+9: 25 [1d20=16]
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Copper sprang from his own position on cue as well, wings extended for maximum lift and just long enough to create the most menacing silhouette he could without making himself a major target for everyone and everything.

Finally. Action. A language he could speak without the crystal collar that Felix had made for him...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny took an extra moment getting out of the van- she had no particular wish to be right behind Chey. Out on the street, her outline blurred and twisted, her sorcerous illusions making her hard to focus on. She saw Felix powering up for his attack and flicked a globe of fire towards the lookout- it wasn't intended to hit him, but it did make him move to turn towards Felix, presenting a wider target...

>OOC 1: Might be a bit slow to post over the next week or so, got a bit of RL stuff going on

>OOC 2: Initiative check 1d20+2= 13; Aid another (Felix) with a sorcery attack 1d20+9= 18, with Teamwork that is a 23, which should be the 3 degrees of success needed to give a +5 to his attack. Rolls https://orokos.com/roll/814567

>OOC 3: Sorcery variable is set as previous- -'Blur': Enhanced Defenses 8, Resistible (WILL DC 18)(+4 Dodge, +4 Parry), +Linked: Concealment 2 (Normal Sight), Partial (blurred, not fully hidden), +Linked: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion +1, Improved Defense); (4+2+2= 8pp)
+Firebolt: Ranged damage 1 (Fire), +Accurate x4; (2+4= 6pp)(For Aid and distraction)
-Prestidigitation: Feature 1- Minor illusions; (1pp)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne, eager to kick things off decides to do so literally by by bring a heavy boot down upon the steel door before her. Solid steel buckles and warps, bolts snapping loose and the door as a whole goes sailing forward straight into a Mazerunner on the other side. Struck out of nowhere with force equivalent to a moving car he goes flying with it where they both crash into a table full of delicate looking equipment. Glass and various foul chemicals are splayed all over the place with an unconscious orc at it's center.

Everyone else inside the room turns on a dime towards the torn open doorway, where an absolute beast of a woman stands on one foot, the other still extended mid-kick. Guns click, weapons are raised, and claws are brought to bare as a mish-mash of human and monster bare witness to one of Mirum Urbem's legends-in-the-making, each one is eager to play a part in cutting her story short.

"Who the hell do you think you are-?!" An Arabic man with eyes full of blue fire is cut off as El Tigre and Valarai sprint out from their stairwell to make for a swift grapple maneuver. Taken by surprise, their team attack goes off seemingly without a hitch.

Copper follows behind them, rising close to the ceiling of the thirty-foot tall room, wings and claws splayed out to strike fear into the startled gangsters. Several of them seem to have taken his threat to heart and clearly look unsettled, but their strength of numbers keeps them from cutting and running just yet.

Just outside, the flare of sparks from Felix's staff strikes an overhead light knocking it off balance resulting in the lookout jumping in surprise. Before he can get so much as a word in, Jenny's flinging of fire strikes the light in just the right spot to make break it off completely. With a thunk of metal and the sound of breaking glass, the young man finds himself knocked out of the fight before it even has a chance to really start. Felix might find himself dumbfounded by the circumstances taking place here, somehow managing to take down his target despite the clear miss.

GM: The Fight is on! Cheynne is first up.

[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Dr. Feel Bad (Grappled), Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 7), Velari
[Players] Copper, Eric, Jenny, Felix
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 2), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 3)

Downed: Orc (Male, adult), Lookout (Male, young)
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

Cheys only response to the mans question is a flurry of action as she suddenly covers the distance like a shot and buries a knee into the gut of one of the armed mooks. Theres an explosion of action as she lashes out with brutal strikes all designed to take people down hard.

Chey will cover the distance to the first minion and take 10 to hit him for a 16 her DC is a 25 if he goes down shell takedown attack as many times as possible for those in range
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories