[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny watched the swirling chaos of the fight, trying to figure out where she could best contribute. Somewhere inside her mind a voice whispered "Let me out! I will crush this impertinent cow!"

But she just shook her head. 'Not helping, Bob, NOT helping..." Hopefully Eric and Velari could handle those golems- Longhorn was enough of a problem on his own.

With a flick of her wrist, she sent another tendril of fire towards the minotaur- the flames licked harmlessly around his horns for a moment, but it might be a crucial distraction...

>OOC: Aid (Attack) again, this time for Cheyenne against Longhorn. 1d20+9= 21, roll https://orokos.com/roll/836024 With the +5 from Teamwork, should be good enough to give her a +5
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

With a second to breath Felix tried to get a handle on the situation. With a quick command he told Hack and Slash to hold their position near the back. The last thing he needed was to have them following him into the middle of the fight.

The golems seemed to be distracted by the others, and even with them getting in the way he figured his best shot was taking out the Minotaur. There was the off chance everything from the maze to the monsters would stop with the bull man out of the way.
There was also a slight chance that taking him out would doom them to be stuck forever, but since not taking him out would result in their death anyways...

The real problem, he noted, was getting a clean shot with the people crowding his target. He winced and aimed what was probably a little too high, just to make sure he didn't shoot his own teammates.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Warrior (-1 ouch)

the horns came in low and sharp and she half grunted half snarled in pain as they pierced her then raked across her body. Fortunately she twisted lithely at the last moment to avoid the worst of it as the horns point grazed a line of red across her abdomen. the pain lit up her eyes as she grinned viciously and threw herself back into the fight with equal vigor.

this was what she lived for battling against something like this. She laughed uproariously as she fired back shot after shot, punches and kicks, elbows and knees, even a brutal headbutt that caused her to see stars as she gave her all to beat the beast.

Cheys toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
huh Ill take that fail by 2 -1 to toughness saves

Worked once before so may as well go all out Shell power attack for max -5/+5 use the all out attack maneuver _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
hmm may not hit but DC 30

So surge same numbers_: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22
that might be good DC 30 again

and she'll be fatigued next turn
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Golem Eric faces brings up it's sheild, and despite the acidic damage seems to have no trouble taking the were-tiger's powerful blows. Velari seems to pick up on something and changes her stances just slightly, bringing her hands together as if making a fist only to morph it into an actual hammer. She twists her body with her hands like a pendulum, though her feet remain firmly planted. Each hammer strikes into the golem she faces with Intense force again and again, into it's little more then scrap.

With Longhorn the burst of fire initially doesn't do quite enough to distract Longhorn from knocking aside Cheyenne's initial strikes, meeting each one blow for blow with just as much force as the woman puts forth. Then the smell hits Cheyenne's sensitive nose, a distinct scent of something sulfuric and tinged with magic. He realizes what's happened just as soon as she does, swearing and thrusting a hand up to put out the fur which had caught aflame- Giving Cheyene the perfect chance to give him one good solid hit to the face.

"Ptsh-!" He grunts, blood spraying from his mouth as her strike lands. He staggers back half a foot, plugging a nostril with a finger and snorts out a glob of something red and nasty. "Strong, very strong- Which means I need to go even stronger!"

He charges forward, getting right up into Cheyenne's guard, his horns sheering through the concrete like butter as he only just misses her legs. When he pulls his horns up, the woman is sprayed in a shower of rubble from his display of power. Longhorn snorts, not looking deterred by his miss in the slightest.

GM: I have some things I need to mention to you Ichigorno, but I'll save that for OOC. For now...

Golem Toughness: 29 Utterly tanked.

Longhorn Toughness: 25 2nd Degree Failure!

Longhorn's gore: 15

Vellari's Powerful Multi-Attack Vs. Golem: 29 |
Golem's Toughness Vs. DC 26: 15 Totaled!

Erics:
Jenny:
Cheynne: [DC 27 toughness save]
Felix:
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-2), Dazed [No HP left]

Copper:

Maze Golems(4): -1, 4 undamaged
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

Copper attempts to stay aloft and out of reach of the golems, continuing to spit acid at them.
He is looking at the same time for a way to potentially (and safely!) target Longhorn with his slowing mist/ breath...

But now, priority is reducing numbers and staying alive. Not in that order.

Acid Spit: 1d20+8 25
Dmg DC 23
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With agile precision Copper is able to pinpoint another glob of acid into the one he'd damaged previously, and get's to watch in satisfaction as it melts away into a pile of caustic goo. One golem continues to take notice of the dragon as a danger, and this time picks up a golem-less shield and whips it towards Copper like a frisbee in the most terrible game of catch ever. It smacks into the dragon's muzzle with powerful force!

The remaining combatant against Eric takes a stand, swinging his blade down hard against the were-tiger, breaking straight through his brittle defenses. He was going to have to rely on his own innate toughness and recovering nature to weather the mighty claymore!

At last one of them tries to take out Velari, yet his swing goes a mile wide of the dexterous combatant.

GM:

Damaged Golem's Toughness: 21 Another failure, it's destroyed!
Thrown attack Vs. Copper: 19 A hit, DC 20!
Attack Vs. Eric: 19 A hit, DC 23!
Attack Vs. Velari: 10 Solid miss.

Erics: {DC 23 Toughness}
Jenny:
Cheynne: {-1}
Felix:

(GM)Velari:
Copper: {DC 20 Toughness}
Maze Golems(3): 3 undamaged
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

This time the sound Copper makes is decidedly dog-like... a whimper-cry as he attempts to dive out of the way...

Toughness: 1d20+8 20

... only to pull off some incredible acrobatic maneuvers as he ducks and twists and literally runs along the spinning golem before pumping his wings again to clear it and circle back for another attack. Slowing Longhorn was going to wait now. The humans have an expression... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... well, they obviously never met a dragon before !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Toughness
Results 1d20+6: 8 [1d20=2]

Toughness re rolled with HP
Results 1d20+6: 18 [1d20=12]

Eric lets out a yowl of pain as the golem's sword bites into his side. For an instant, he curses himself for an idiot for trying to use a weapon that he wasn't meant to, and without a thought he drops the sword, unsheathing his claws. With a fury unlike any he has ever known, he attacks the golem, swinging as many times as he can, desiring nothing less than to see this golem turned to rubble at his feet.

Attack w multiattack
Results 1d20+6+5: 24 [1d20=13]

OOC: I leave it to the GM to determine bonuses from Multi-Attack 2 and Claws 2 (with Penetrating 2). and the penalties from him failing to defend against that attack. I would like to use Extra Effort to ignore his wound for this round. if I may.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With brutal savagery Eric takes out all his pain and frustration against the golem attacking him, tearing it apart limb from limb. In just seconds it's been reduced to scrap metal on the floor. Only two of them remain, one seemingly focused on Copper alone, while the other is still locked into combat with Velari.

GM: Ouch, not the best reroll, but you're at least not staggered.

Golem's Toughness: 12 Eash. Totaled.

Erics: {-1, Dazed}
Jenny:
Felix:

(GM)Velari:
Maze Golems(2): 2 undamaged
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Dashing off to the side, Felix tried to circle around to the side so he wasn't shooting right past Cheyenne. Unfortunately he was having a Jaffa issue. As cool and powerful as his staff was, it was really hard to aim.

With no other solution that didn't require a few hours to add new parts onto his staff, he went with the easiest solution. He simply fired more blasts. Now that Cheyenne was mostly out of the way he left lose a few rapid blasts of raw magical energy, laughing manically.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Longhorn, so focused on the battle with Cheynne, wasn't prepared to be peppered with blast after blast of magical might. Eventually they seem to actually be doing something, leaving deep arcane burns which haze a blue mist. Bit by bit, blow by blow, the combined efforts from the team have been continuously wearing him down.

GM:

Toughness: 22 A failure!

Jenny:

Felix:

(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-3), Dazed [No HP left]
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Warrior (-2 ouch Dazed)

The horns raked even deeper this time and Chey couldnt twist fast enough to avoid the worst as blood splattered out of her, and her vision went fuzzy causing her to see three of the big bull.

Still she was game and did what her martial arts coaches had told her to do. She swung at the one in the middle and whiffed entirely. That didn't stop her as she used the momentum of the miss to twist her hips around and throw a Muay Thai style roundhouse kick with all the subtlety of a 75mph multi car wreck at Longhorns face

Cheys toughness save _: 1D20+9 = [5]+9 = 14
ouch failed by 2 degrees thats a -2 and shes dazed

Shes gonna keep going all out same numbers as before _: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
Hell no blow a hero point on that

_: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
OH Come on sigh thats a 28 for a hit and a DC 30

sorry if you were waiting on me stuff not fun :(
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny continued to lurk around the fringes of the fight- she was spending more energy on avoiding becoming a target than she was on wreaking havoc. But she continued to lash out with thin streams of fire, trying to distract the minotaur so that her friends could land more dangerous strikes...

>OOC:

-Aid (Attack)- this time she will help Felix, just to round things out. 1d20+9= 18 (with the +5 from Teamwork, that should be good enough for a +5); roll https://orokos.com/roll/839031

(Somehow I thought I had already done a thing this round- sorry for the delay)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne's massive kick to the minotaur entirely overshadow's Velari's attempt to mimic her movements. Something cracked in the strike, Longhorn taking a couple steps backward as the damage continues to mount against him. He's seen moving soemthing around in hi smouth, before spitting out the remains of one of his many flat teeth.

"You fight dirty. But so do I." When he made his next charge forward, this time it was his hand which shot forward toward's Cheyenne's throat, not a single regard for his own safety.

GM:

Toughness: 19 2 degrees of failure, Dazed again!

Velari's Power Attack Vs. Golem: 11 A solid miss.

Longhorn's All-Out Grapple Attack: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/839329]25[/dice] A hit! DC 16 of either strength or dodge to resist!

Jenny:
Cheynne: {-2}, DC 16 Resist Grab
Felix: {+5 On next attack Vs. Longhorn}
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-4), Dazed [No HP left]

Copper:

------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix grimaces and goes to one knee, steadying his staff as he charges up a blast.
With a grunt he fires the blast and swears under his breath watching it veer off course. A second later he fires another, faster globe of energy after the first, watching as it arcs over to the first one and slowly causes the spinning pair of shots to lurch back towards the giant Minotaur.

OOC: Power attack +2/-2, +5 Teamwork bonus, Technomagic Attack on Longhorn: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
I'm assuming a 13 is going to miss.
Burning my last HP for a reroll.
Power attack +2/-2, +5 Teamwork bonus, Technomagic Attack Reroll on Longhorn (DC25 Toughness): 1D20+11 = [4]+11 = 15
So +10 since the roll was 10 or below for a total of 25 to hit.