[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix considers the items then raises his voice, "Going to need a hand here. Literally. Found some stuff and I don't want to accidentally drop or crush something."

The robot arms on his coat stop moving. One taps him on the shoulder and when he looks it points at the other arm.

"You two are designed for heavy duty work, not fine delicate work," The arms droop, "Oh don't be like that, the upgrades are coming."

The two hands perk back up, and with a metallic clank they give each other a high three, as they didn't have enough manipulators for a high five. Felix just sighs and shoos the arms back into their hiding space in the back of his coat.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny lingered over the photographs for a moment, committing Claire's previous face to memory. She paused again looking at her father- perhaps that might be something to check, once they were done in here...

As Felix started peeling open the TV, she drifted in that direction- once the trinkets were revealed, she would take a look with both mundane and supernatural senses...

>OOC: Checking in
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Eric strides forward. "I guess I can hold onto the vial for ya, although," he looks around, eyeing everyone, especially their hands, "my paws aren't good for much else. Maybe someone *else* could come grab the rest of this shit? We don't have all day here, guys. Let's move it."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

When Jenny makes the mistake of getting too close he quickly swaps his staff over to a robot arm, and uses his right arm to load her up with all of the remaining items and papers before leading her over to the kitchen table so that everything could be laid out and examined by the entire team.

"I have no idea what is in the vial. Not sure how smart it would be to even open it without the proper equipment. I have some stuff back at my place, but I didn't think I'd need a mass spectrometer," He says, "I don't suppose the smell triggers any memories?"
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Description Perception - Is the scent familiar?
Results 1d20+9: 14 [1d20=5]

OOC: Well, is this a familiar stink, or just a stink?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Perception can't really be used that way, you know? Maybe if you had expertise in chemical sciences you;d figure something.

The substance seems wholyl unfamiliar to Eric. He wonders perhaps if the notes found with the items may hold clues as to their functions and origins.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael kept the thought to himself as it was more observation than in any way derogatory, but the weretiger had his curiosity peaked. The way he checked things reminded the elf more of dog or wolf than cat. But then, although a dog's sense of smell was 40 times that of a person, a cat's was at least 14 times greater so there was no telling what that would translate into a bipedal tiger the size of, well, the size of Eric.

Michael looks over the picture that Felix handed him, looking to see if he new anyone in the picture, or anyone that might have been in the picture but would be, like himself, completely different now. The eyes sometimes gave it away.

Michael also takes a look at the embroidery on the fabric that Felix found.

"Claire, please be safe." He thinks to himself, his concern for the Orc surprising him a little.

Expertise: Magic: 1d20+11 24 - looking at the embroidery
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric's face screws up, a reaction to an unpalatable smell. "No clue. Maybe there's something in the notes about it. All I know is, it stinks to high Heaven, and I wouldn't want to get any on bare skin." Eric holds the bag gingerly, as if to give credence to his lack of desire in touching the stuff.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yeah," Felix says absently while reading through the papers, "Touching unknown chemicals is bad. Chemical burns, or absorption through the skin can be an issue."

"They used to use mercury to make hats, way back in the day, not realizing that they were absorbing the mercury through their skin," He looks up, "Caused a lot problems. The source of the term 'mad as a hatter'."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"Theres a reason they stopped using lead in gasoline, Paint and every other thing." She chimed in from where she was admiring the figurines before shruggimg and focusing on the Supernatural feel of the place and its occupant
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Once they had laid everything out on the table, Jenny started looking through the notes, letting Felix have first crack at them, since they were more likely to be technical in nature. The other items were intriguing, but didn't seem to have any obvious connection. They might be good foci for a divination ritual, if they wanted to invest the time- but first things first...

>OOC: Any rolls for looking through this stuff?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A quick glance at the papers is enough to make Jenny's eyes boggle, and even gives Felix some initial pause. A lot of it looked like utter gibberish, using nonsense words and references to street names that seem randomly strewn throughout them all. An extra layer of security in the form of coded text, which luckily proved to be a roadblock for all of three seconds yet Michael was experienced enough with his fellow agents he'd easily be able to provide the cipher they needed. Even with that Feix felt he might have to take a few minutes to get a good translation going, unless he managed some sort've breakthrough right off the bat.

GM: Give me an INT or Insight check Felix. You're skilled enough that you'll translate it eventually, but let's see how long it takes.

While Felix was busy with the papers, Erics, Jenny, and Michael were giving the items a closer inspection. Whenever the were tiger tilted the bagged vial, he'd noticed small sparks as the suspended liquids trailed over each other. Michael's observation of the cloth proved interesting, as he noticed that the pattern woven seems to be arcane in some nature. It's in fragments, but he's able to write down what he can make out of it. He notices that he's been holding it wrong, and tilts it diagonally to try and make out the arcane script.

GM: " - " represents charred or absent edges}
'--I besto-
---y stre-
------ngth of m-
----------------of soul,-
-------------th of g-
----------mate.-'

Picking up the bagged screw, Jenny can't seem to think od anything out of place with it aside from it's odd material and the rough looking surface area. Nothing about it even seems to ping as distinctly arcane in the spiritual sense either. As for the vial Eric's carefully holding, she feels that perhaps some knowledge of chemistry may apply.

GM: Chemistry, drugs, or alchemy might be capable of gleaning something.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I think the lead is more of an issue of accidentally being ingested than going through the skin," Felix pauses, checking something real quick, "Huh.. well what do you know, mercury can be absorbed through the skin but it's super slow and it was inhalation of the fumes that were the bigger problem. You learn something new every day."

He turns his attention back to the paper, opening up a notepad in his glasses so he can write notes as he inspects it.

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix makes a head start deciphering the notes, the first of which is simply getting the first couple lines of each one and rearranging them into what seemed like the most probable order. There were six pages in all, three that seem dedicated to the general investigation she was working on and three dedicated to each of the items recovered. He feels it might take him at least ten minutes to knock everything out, though he has a chance to focus on one of the items in particular. Looking through the general notes, he catches the codified mentions of the evidence as well.

(Time is abstracted for personal ease)
Investigation notes: 3 pages worth (Longer)
Piece A: "-Strip of cloth precisely 5.4 inches in length, heavy and stiff. Gold thread?-" (Short)
Piece B: "-8.2 milligrams, perfectly balanced between the two compounds-" (Short)
Piece C: "-5.6 ounces, brass(?), covered in scratches-" (Shortest)
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"lead poisoning is definitely caught through skin contact though its a bit rarer and slower in most cases. My grand dad worked at a gas station he got lead poisoning." she explained easily with a shrug.

whats needed to begin tracking her or to aid the others rolls?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories