[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He scrambles back several steps, out of Cheyenne's grip and away from her grasping hands. He's wincing in pain, grasping the back of his neck which flares up brightly in Jenny's third eye. To her it reads as a form of curse rather then a geas, perhaps to punish disobedience. It's effect doesn't last long, and he almost hesitantly takes his hand away, looking between it and both the woman. Then he proceeds to do what any sane rational man would do in his position.

The man turns tail and starts running.

-

Unlike the previous building, Felix and Eric notice the security measures here seem more lax. The lobby isn't much to look at either, only a few potted plants, some scant paintings, random doors, along with the elevators towards the far end next to the stairwell. While there is a reception desk, the teenage boy manning seems largely uninterested other then glancing up when the doors opened. His eyes linger a half-second before returning to his comic book, seemingly writing your presence off.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"Yeah, just remember: Without my gear I'm not going to be much help in a fight," He says before they walk in.

Once in the lobby he looks around the lobby, at least moderately happy to note that the kid at the desk hadn't mistaken him for a drug dealer or a homeless person.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny looked at the man for a moment, then at Cheyenne, then back at the (now-fleeing) man and gave a dismissive wave- all too clearly a "Do you believe this?" gesture. Her voice was lower than normal, still rough from the incantations.

"Never run from anything supernatural- it only attracts their attention..." She gave another swift gesture and the hovering ball of fire darted out, slamming into the man- not enough to kill, but surely enough to draw a reaction.

Then she looked back towards Cheyenne. "Shall we?" She pointed back towards the receding figure...

>OOC: Almost as an afterthought, tagging him with the Perception range damage 1 fire (DC 16), then to pursuit. Hopefully the motorcycle- with her Fatigued, she won't catch him on foot
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

"Then, should things get nasty, I can depend on you to do the sensible thing and get the Hell out of Dodge, right?" Eric replied with a slight lopsided grin. Then, more seriously, he added, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to remind you of that, no matter how tough our friend the tiger might be, you're still pretty squishy without your gear. You're pretty sharp, Felix; whatever you do, don't stop being sharp, OK?"

As they enter the lobby of the apartment building, Eric nonchalantly looked around to see anyone was paying undue attention to the front desk.

Perception: who's watching?
Results 1d20+8: 10 [1d20=2]
Roll:
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While the flame wasn't meant to hurt, it barely even mages to leave a scorch. Taking this as his cue to really get the hell out of dodge he starts off at a full-tilt sprint right through the alley.

-

As far as Eric could see, there was nobody else here besides them and the teenager. He does notice there's an older model of security camera in the corner of the room pointed towards the door, however.
------------
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael's business concludes faster than he thought, and he emerges from the shadows of a nearby alley as Felix and Eric arrive at their destination.

This is going to do wonders for my interactions with Eric... The elven agent mused to himself. Here he was emerging from the shadows again to join the team. However, Michael intended to defer to Eric's lead and investigative skill, assisting where he could but letting the weretiger's more street level instincts guide their path rather than his own more formal training...

That didn't mean he wasn't paying attention though...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Mikjall prepares to make his cool entrance, the teen turns the page of his comic with a disapproving frown. "Seriously...? We're doing this plot again? Why do I keep this on my pull..."
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: I swear to God, I am working on something. Hopefully I'll have something to post tomorrow.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

By the time Eric walks towards the youth behind the desk, he has thought of (and discarded) several possible explanations as to why they want to enter a dead person's apartment, when he had decided that some version of the truth should suffice. As he was about to speak, he heard someone coming in the door, and, turning to look, he saw that it was Michael. Nodding as if Michael had been expected, Eric turned to the clerk and fished a card out of his inner jacket pocket. Offering it to the clerk, he said, "Hi. I'm Eric Sams, and I'm an investigator. My colleagues and I have been retained to look into the death of {insert researcher's name here}, as our client feels the reason for the researcher's death may have to do with whatever he may have been working on. I was hoping it would be possible for us to give his apartment a good going over, in the extremely unlikely case that the police may have overlooked something. Can you help us out?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Huh?" The young man blinked, looking up from what seemed to be a comic that took itself too seriously if the color tones were anything to go by. "Oh, uh, alright. Sure. Just... give me a second..."

Setting it to the side, he clears his chest and scoots his chair closer towards a computer hidden just under the desk's lip. "It was... Yeah, here we go. room five-o'six. Fifth floor. Erhm... Here, I'll take you up and unlock it for you, sir." His gaze lowered back towards Felix, and the shadow skulking off behind the glass doors. "...Sirs, I mean."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"So what are they rehashing this time? Infinite crisis? Civil War?" He grimaces, "Tell me they're not trying to do the Clone Saga again."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He cringes, before holding up the issue with the bold words 'Brother against Brother!' "Worse, it's a clone civil war."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey growled low sounding like the offspring of a tigress and a motorcycle. Setting her feet she bent her knees then took off like a shot her long legs covering distance in rapid pace. As she pulled along side him she grinned wickedly at him before throwing a shoulder into him in a full on body check.

Cheys gonna rush after him her speed means a move action should be sufficent

shell do a trip attack _: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24 22 should be enough to hit

Her Athletics check _: 1D20+12 = [14]+12 = 26 opposed by his athletics or Acrobatics which ever is better if he fails she bounces him off the nearest wall and he goes prone

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix stares at the comic with a look of incredulous shock, jaw hanging open as he is unable to come up with any response.

"Do they hate comics? Or just making money?" He finally manages to ask.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While strikingly athletic, he's still not quite enough match for Cheyenne in an instance like this. Her shoulder checks his, the man slamming into the brick wall before landing on the ground in a heap. He makes to try and get himself back up in a rush, yet only succeeds in twisting his ankle and coming back down on the ground. While he can't manage to stand up on his own two legs, his hands a quick enough that they pull out a slick looking glock which they fire recklessly.

"Get away from me, you f-fuckin' freaks!"
Dice Rolls
Athletics: 25 So close, so close.
Acrobatics (Stand up from prone): 11
All-Out Attack(-2/+2): 18 That'll hit Cheyenne. DC 18 toughness.
-

"I think they're just banking on people like me who never remember to fix their pulls." He sighs, letting the issue fall back onto his desk. " 'Comic Revitalization' my ass. Wish I was born back in the 80's, hear they had some good stuff back then."
------------