[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix nods, hums, and flicks the light switch on and off.

"Uh-huh. Yup. Well, there's your problem. Somebody ripped the ceiling fan out," Felix notes sagely, "We're either dealing with one enraged man, or a couple of sugar enriched children."

He steps into the room, carefully stepping over the wreckage, "I'm not even sure where to start looking in this mess."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the air shifts from the the door opening and the team coming in, the papers shift in the stale breeze. Out of the corner of her eye Velari spots something that glints in the light, and is able to reach over and pull up what seems to be a simple steel key.

GM: Not sure what's caused the delay of everyone in general, but I'd like to get you guys moving again. You can have this one on me.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Found a key." She frowns at it. Keys like this could go to anything from a door to a lockbox to a locker... Which was just a big lockbox when you stopped to think about it. And that was without considering things like hidden doors or compartments where the key hole would be disguised or covered up.

Using her stickiness to cling to the ceiling and move around from up there so as not to disturb any potential evidence, Velari scouts about from a new perspective for anything important looking or perhaps the key hole.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

"Lets hope for the kids, we can put those in timeout." She snarked. She took her time looking around to see if anything stood out.

Cheys investigation check Roll(1d20)+5: 16,+5 Total:21 :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Velari takes the key and considers things it might go to, she also recalls that the storage room was locked up as well.

GM: Time to search: 3 minutes Efficient.

Meanwhile the woman busies herself by picking up the scattered papers, efficiently organizing them all in a way that'd make most postal workers jealous. There's a lot odd names on the paper along with short scrawls of letters and numbers, and it takes a moment for her to realize that it's information regarding the distribution of their product. Further into her sorting she even comes across past business deals which provides information regarding just where they went to purchase their supplies, along with a time schedule to help break up their purchases and not leave a consistent pattern. Most of the information here is detailed for months ago, making most of it useless, but it does provide some insight into how they operated.

At the very end, hidden among the scattered files and discarded paperwork, her fingers brush against something odd, and very out of place. An old leatherbound book without a title. Cracking it open reveals the fraying yellow of centuries old parchment, written in an odd looking scrawl that resembles your more familiar English, yet many of the letters seem almost backwards. Turning a few more pages reveals intricate looking diagrams in an art style that seems vaguely familiar, yet it's hard to place. In stark contrast to the old script are fresh post it notes which seem to offer partial translation of the text, which is the only thing that reveals it to be some sort of alchemical grimoire.

One tab sticks out in particular, marking a page that reveals a very familiar looking device, the very same one Felix has in his possession. This diagram however has a crystal orb as the centerpiece. The post it note seems to offer up a name for the artifact, "The Juicer". Cheyenne has a feeling that the person who's added the notes took a few liberties.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Well, looks like you found the magic spellbook," He mutters looking over Cheyenne's shoulder, "What is that written in? Swiss?"
OOC: Int Check on Grimoire (+3 Int with +5 for Edict Memory): 1d20+8 9
Nope, dice still hate Felix.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix coughs, "Okay, tough crowd."

"Well, looks like we found a key for that last door. If you don't want that book, I'll take it. I get the feeling it'll answer a lot of questions once we translate it,"
Felix says as he stares at the book.

"Okay, so I guess we check out the last room," He purses his lips, "Everybody ready to go?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With Felix's deceleration, it sibks into the rest of the team that there's likely nothing else here in this room for them. Only the last storeroom remains, and they now have the key. It occurs to them, in the back of their minds, that they hadn't seen Delancey in some time. She never followed you into the trapped hallway herself.

GM: Probably should've just rolled myself, but knowing the exact artist/author isn't neccesary.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

As she searched she got the rapid impression that she was spinning her wheels until she found the book she studied it but couldn't make heads or tails of it the lettering was a bit dissecting through and seemed to draw her in until Felix broke through the hypnotic pattern for her.
"Well, looks like you found the magic spellbook," He mutters looking over Cheyenne's shoulder, "What is that written in? Swiss?"
She shook her head free and looked up at him quizzically as she passed the book to him for inspection with a grunt

Felix coughs, "Okay, tough crowd."

"Well, looks like we found a key for that last door. If you don't want that book, I'll take it. I get the feeling it'll answer a lot of questions once we translate it," Felix says as he stares at the book.

"Okay, so I guess we check out the last room," He purses his lips, "Everybody ready to go?"
She stood tall and nodded "Yeah I think were done here, lets get some beers or something after this. I could use one."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal

Copper looks around, sniffing but not really adding much else to the search at the moment. He looks up at Cheyenne with a "what can I do?" look.
Puppy dog eyes on a dragon are a little... unnerving.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

"Oh right! There WAS that other door!" Velari nods and stretches her way out of the room and waits for the others before approaching the last door with the lock to try the key.

"If we're getting beers, we should get pizza too."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The book is handed off without much issue, the mystery and history behind it unknown for the time being. For now their most pressing matter is whatever happened to be behind the last set of doors. As Velari casually discusses their food options for after, the lock clicks open without much fuss- only for the double sets to suddenly throw themselves open with a gush of cold wind, slamming into the gelatinous woman in an effort to squish her against a wall like a scene out of a children's cartoon.

Inside the storage chamber once people recover enough to take a look, you see a room bathed in a blue glow coming from somewhere among the rear shelves, just out of sight. You're just in time to feel another pulse of magic race through the room, this time with you witnessing blue arcs that look like electricity race along the metal racks. A noise seems to follow, the sound of glass crunching, and then silence again. It's cold within, enough to make your breath visible when you breath out yet nothing more.

GM:With Velari's regeneration rate, I won't have you take any actual damage from this initial situation. Feel free to narrate yourself becoming a pancake however, or not. :P
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix giggles gleefully as the book is handed to him and happily stuffs it under one arm. Obviously today was his birthday, because there was no other reason he was getting so many wonderful presents.

Following along behind the others he watches as the storeroom door blows open and winces.

"Uh-oh," He adjusts his shades as he watches electricity doing the Jabob's Ladder trick up the metal in the room, "I think we found the power source and I think it might be going critical."

He paused considering his options.

One, run. It had a good chance of living, but not promises.
Two, go get what ever it was and try to disarm it. Which might result in more cool magic loot.

He grimaced then stuffed the book as much as he could manage into his trench-coat before marching forward to find and take, err, "disarm" the source of this magical phenomena.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

Velari grunts as she 'splats' onto the wall opposite the door, flung back by the air pressure. She manages to keep her cohesion and hold together, though gets flattened for a moment before the air pressure lets up and she resumes her normal shape, rubbing her head, more out of some old habit than actually nursing a hurt. "Ooof... that was some air pressure."

Looking inside the room past Felix. "Going critical? That's bad right? How can we stop it?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
Copper looks around, sniffing but not really adding much else to the search at the moment. He looks up at Cheyenne with a "what can I do?" look.
Puppy dog eyes on a dragon are a little... unnerving.
Chey smiled softly and scratched Copper between the ears and frills on his head. in a lets go find out sort of message as she stood up and headed for the door She was about to open it herself but Velari beat her to it and before she could register a warning the young woman was blasted back across the room violently/ Durable though she seemed ok so Chey took it upon herself to push forward.

As Felix said the words "going critical" she winced "Please tell me you can disarm it because I really don't relish trying to chuck it into the ocean from here."

She made her way deeper into the room to try to get a glimpse of what was inside and make sure there were no more suprises

Go further in see whats what

Catsi stories