[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Aside from the sounds of the undead beast heavily resisting it's binding, Felix finds himself met with silence. He has to wonder weather or not it could even understand you despite having it's own sense of self. Then, there's a crack, the orb shifts, and a spark lances from it to it's thrall. It shudders, eyes glowing brighter, before snapping it's head back into place. It's jaw begins to move unnaturally, forming words that you can't understand.

"Maghi idioti. Sempre uguale. Sempre con le tue bugie, le tue accuse." It tilts it's head forward, looking towards you with pure loathing within what remains of it's eyes. "Sei pieno di brama di potere. Posso percepirlo, assaggiarlo. La magia è solo la tua droga, giusto? Solo un giocattolo per te? Non te lo meriti."

The zombie pulls itself up as straight as it can within it's bindings. "È sprecato per questa generazione attuale." Whisps of light start to form mid-aire, no coming from the orb, but towards it. "Quindi lo sto confiscando.

Just as soon as the corpse stops being puppeted, both Felix and Cheynne can feel something pulling at them, trying to sap away at a deep part of their souls. As that happens, the thrall starts whipping itself around in earnest.

GM: Hmm... A good attempt. Enough for it to respond... Not that any of your characters can understand it.

Mana Drain: 9 Ah for bloody... *sigh* Felix and Cheyenne roll will to resist Nullify on your arcane abilities.

Strength: 10 Nope. No dice at all here.

You know. I thought this fight would be a little bit more dramatic... but I suppose he is just a miniboss in the end of it.

Arcane Zombie: 20 -2 Toughness, Dazed, Bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired), Defenseless, Immobile
Broken Orb: 18
Cheyenne: 17
Velari: 13

Arachne:9
Copper: 9
Felix: 3
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey felt the magical drain and resisted it as best she could focusing her will against it the runic markings on her body glowing as she did. She had to admit though what really shocked her was when the zombie puppet started talking to her in a language probably older then Atlantis sinking in this day and age.

She memorized it for later study and focused on keeping the it out of her system

Cheys will save Roll(1d20)+6: 11,+6 Total:17 meh know what im improving if possible

might spend an hp to reroll if needed buy well see

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: The DC is 9 so you're definitely fine. Please take your turn as well.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari extracts herself as Arachne webs the puppet corpse up and turns her attention to the orb making noises and doing things, neither of which she understands.

"So what do we do about this thing?" she stands ready, not really sure how to approach or attack it, or if attacking it is even viable or recommended. She looks to Felix who seems to have the best grasp of what is happening for advice.
Just going to hold my turn for the moment, knowing it will alter my initiative, but Velari doesn't know how to proceed here, so will want some direction from Felix how to deal with this thing
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

"I want to think throwing it into the ocean is still on the board, but im not touching it If I can avoid it so any good ideas Im all ears."

Yeah Cheys gonna hold her action as well with the zombie held unless he breaks free then shell act

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix just glowers at the orb, shrugging off the attempt to drain his magic.

"Idiot mage, huh? Well, so much for friendly," Felix mutters, before talking louder, "It's a flying glass ball, hit it with a rock, or a stick or uh, a wall. Just don't use magic."
OOC: Felix's will is 10, so auto success. And I didn't translate that, just guessing what those first two words mean.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1->2 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Enhanced Attack(Multiattack) 3, Multiple Limbs 5

"Got it!" Velari nods and moves closer to the orb as she gives a slight bit of concentration, focusing additional matter to be packed not only into her fists but the additional fists that extend from tendrils forming from her shoulders, all lashing out in a wild flurry of strikes at the orb.
Added an array status to my header to keep track of where her dynamic array points are allocated. So she's got 7 arms right now and is gonna pummel away.

Attack: 1d20+13 20 DC18 plus multiattack if she beat its parry by enough. NOT going to use Fast Grab on this one. She doesn't know how dangerous it is to try and grasp it, and it seems kind of dangerous to, so she's just going to limit herself to striking it repeatedly.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though Velari's display shows off just how malleable she is, it appears that the orb is quicker then it let's own. She's only able to get in one solid strike against it, the others glancing off it's slick crystal surface. The one that did land doesn't even come with a satisfying crunch, her hand instead splatting against the hard surface. Cracked it may be, but fragile it is not.

"Well, webbing this thing probably won't work if it's just going to throw magic at us. Maybe if I just-!" Archne thinks alloud, as she crawls atop the shelving in an attempt to get close enough to strike at the volatile artifact. No luck, however, as the legs she uses to attack just barely grazes her foe.

GM: A twenty is enough to hit, but not enough to trigger multiattack.
Toughness: 19

Arachne's unarmed: 19 No hit.

Arcane Zombie: 20 -2 Toughness, Dazed, Bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired), Defenseless, Immobile
Cheyenne: 17 Holding

Copper and Felix, you're up!
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix flips his staff around so that the crystal is closer to his body and the blunted end he normally taps on the ground is now pointed at the glass orb before giving a big baseball swing and screaming "FORE!"

The staff misses by a wide margin.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal

Copper barks for attention then spits at the wall. A glob of acid causes the stone to smoke and disintegrate... He looks at the others expectantly.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Cheyenne had been working out how to crush the empowered orb before them without killing the lot of them in the process. Then Copper gave her a spark of inspiration. Why do things the hard way?

"Do it boy!" She snapped, as she moved in front of Felix and crouched low while crossing her arms protectively in front of her.

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While it struggles even still, it seems a sure thing that the zombie you've all wrangled isn't going anywhere. Agitated by the ineptness of it's minion, the Orb takes matters into it's own by sparking with raw, unprocessed power. Bolts of electricity burst outward from it, traveling up along the shelving as it the arcs threaten to electrocute everyone. Not even zombie is spared as it begins to sizzle and stink of cooked flesh.

Strength: 10
Burst of Lighting: Dodge 17, DC 22 (30 ft. Burst)
Toughness: 9

This attack should hit everyone.

Arcane Zombie: 20 -3 Toughness, Dazed, Bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired), Defenseless, Immobile, Staggered
Cheyenne: 17

------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: -1 Damage resist, Dazed
Array: Enhanced Attack(Multiattack) 3, Multiple Limbs 5

If there was one disadvantage to her ne body, and really, there were several, it was that electricity tended to flow freely through her like some kind of super conductive material. And being electrocuted still hurt like a wicked beast.

Velari grits her teeth against the ghost sensation of muscles she didn't have locking up and launches another flurry of blows with her multiple striking limbs. "That hurt you stupid, shocky orb thing!"
Dodge: 1d20+6 12 that's a miss there.
Toughness: 1d20+6 12 and that's a fail by 9, so 2 degrees. Velari is dazed, but she was point blank, so still in melee range to punch it a lot more.

Attack: 1d20+13 29 Better than last round, same DC18 plus multiattack if she hit good enough.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

This time her strikes ring true, netting another crack in the orb and leaving it to fly slightly unsteady. Though it sparks, it offers no verbal reply to her taunts.

GM: Toughness: 16 -1 and Dazed
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Chey had been waiting for an opening and finally saw one. reaching down, she grabbed Bob-her impromptu name for the zombie- by both ankles, and with a grunt of effort whipped him up off the ground. She then whirled him overhead like a baton before grunting with the effort as she repeatedly slammed him face first into the orb as hard as she could.

Cheys Dodge check _: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18 successful

her toughness against half _: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28 easy peasy

shell grab the helpless zombie which should be a free action give n its restrianed and proceed to use it as a club

All out attack maneuver +2/-2 and full -5/+5 power attack _: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22 using the body

Catsi stories