[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny leaned forward in her seat, watching the confrontation intently, one hand on the door handle. She WANTED to help- but she had the feeling that interjecting her presence into the situation would only make things worse, at least right now. Still, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. She began to mutter under her breath, and as she waved her free hand (carefully kept below the line of the dash board), a faint glowing tracery followed her fingers through the air.

>OOC: Full round (Move plus Standard), distracted, to set her Variable. In addition to the 2pp used for her 'commlinks', she will have thus:
1. Blur: Enhanced Defenses 8 (Dodge +4, Parry +4), Resistable (Will DC 18), +Linked: Improved Dodge, Evasion +1; (6pp)
2. Mage hand: Perception range Move Object 1, Precise, Subtle; (5pp)
3. Feature 1: Prestidigitation; (1pp)
+1pp unassigned
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix brings his staff in front of him as his first instinct is to blast the man into the next block.

But a sudden thought about how being chased by the police for shooting people in the streets seemed like something he should avoid.

His next thought? Baseball swing to the head!

No, he thought as he takes a couple frantic steps back. At least the magic blast wouldn't be leaving marks; wacking some jackass upside the head do some permanent (and visible) damage.

So, he thought, tit for tat?

"Hack! Slash! Attack!" Felix yelled, pointing his free hand at the offending jerk.

A moment later the two sleek drones undocked from the back of his coat, zipping up into the air and firing balls of sticky fast drying foam at Felix's assailant.
OOC:
Net Gun attack on thug: 1d20+8 21
DC15 dodge save to avoid being caught.

Net Gun Drone (Snare): Cumulative Affliction 5 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 15; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Shit!" He yells, ducking to the side and allowing his car to get completely foamed over.

His hands move to grab at something in his pockets, eyes narrowed and searching. "What the hell are you supposed to be?"

It seems however he doesn't actually find what he's looking for, which causes his expression to quickly shift into one of worry, "Fuck-"

It's here that he decides to instead turn around and start rushing off down the street, knocking people aside in his sudden rush to escape.

Dodge: 23

-

The woman shrugs with pursed lips, "So what? Isn't a girl free to take a look at the playing field once in awhile?" She glances up to Treant. "You're out by the way, I don't want any splinters down there."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

The bark that makes for Rafaels eyebrows arch up in surprise. He leans forward towards the woman. "I am too old for you any way. And who might you be?...little one" he adds.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix scoffs as he watches the man run down the street, making no effort to chase.

"Dick," He mutters before snapping his fingers and recalling his drones.

He lifts the paper clip to his ear, "Well, that was a junkie from the apartment building. I bet you we find an inhaler full of drugs in his car."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 pm
He lifts the paper clip to his ear, "Well, that was a junkie from the apartment building. I bet you we find an inhaler full of drugs in his car."
Jenny Ember

Jenny chuckled softly at that. Definitely chuckled. Certainly not a giggle, in any way.

"That would be great, if we did. I could get some use out of that." After a brief pause, she kept talking. "No, not like that... Even if it is getting a bit more expensive, harder to find. What I meant was, if we could get a fresh sample, I might be able to trace it back to where it was made. Law of Correspondence and all that. Can you peel that foam off his car, or do we need to dig?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"A little Dihydrogen Monoxide will make it melt away in pretty short order," He comments pulling a small clear spray bottle from his jacket.

The bottle contains a clear liquid, and the bottle has multiple warning symbols on it. He considers it for a moment then gives the car a healthy spray, "Of course I'd just try the other side of the car. Probably work faster."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny nodded at Felix's suggestion and moved around to the other side of the car. "Whatever we're going to do, we probably ought to do it fast. It sure looked like this guy was connected to somebody inside- and sooner or later he is going to slow down long enough to reach out to them. Or maybe come back with friends..."

AS she spoke, she waved one hand through the air- and something raked at the foam (or at the car door) lightly, like a bored cat with a toy...

>OOC: Casual Mage Hand on the foam (or car)- probably not enough to actually chew through the foam. Once the door handles are exposed, she will try it to see if it is locked- with a gloved hand. If it is locked, she will try to use MAge Hand on the inside of the car to pop the lock/open the door from inside. No rock, no smashy-smashy.

(EDIT MADE- since we've already committed assault, albeit in self-defense, a little non-violent car opening is hardly the worst thing she has done today...)
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Before you start breaking into cars, I do want you to know you're literally in the middle of a street that's populated by civilians.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

"Ketchup." she pointed down at the bottle on the table "Mines out." she said her voice a flat tone and her eyes ice cold.

She stood there waiting for a response as she did she got a good sniff of the varying scents at the table marking each one in her brain the hunters instinct that had been growing in her over time taking in the scents remembering it so she could track it later.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Once they had peeled away some of the foam, Jenny took a step closer to the car- and then stopped, her hand half-raised to reach for the door handle. After a moment's pause, she lowered her hand and moved back just a bit. "Keep an eye out, in case your buddy comes back- or his friends show up..."

Then her voice softened and slurred, into a language that was definitely NOT English. Her eyes seemed to glow softly, barely enough to show in full sunlight... To a casual observer, it looked as if she were standing on the sidewalk, looking past the car and into nothing...

>OOC:
-Full round (distracted) to reconfigure Variable. Keep the commlinks and Mage Hand, add: Detect (magic), ranged, Acute, Accurate, Penetrates Concealment, -Noticeable; 8pp for that, 2 commlinks, 5 Mage Hand= 15. Let's go fishing!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The scuffle was brief enough that it didn't attract much attention from paserbys, though Felix does get a strange look as when his drones re-attached to his jacket. Jenny testing the door noticed that is indeed unlocked, the man having clearly been in a rush initially. Their combined efforts otherwise manage to remove some of the misfired foam without much trouble. According to both Felix and Jenny, there's nothing magical stashed within the car.

--

"What, you just said you weren't looking to hook up and you're still asking for my name? Pushy pushy." The woman scoffs at the treant, crossing her arms with a scoff. She stills for a moment, and you catch the barest glimpse of a scowl before she washes it away.

--

The Satyr snorts, the edges of his lip curled into the barest hint of a smile. With a snap of a fingers a glass bottle of Heinz is deposited in his waiting hand, and he holds it out to the woman.

GM: You don't possess an enhanced sense of smell, unless that's how your flavoring her ability to track magic?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

"Not his fault you were talking to yourself all lonely-like." Velari taunts. Of course, she knew the woman hadn't been talking to herself, but frankly, they weren't getting anywhere with this.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Her lips thin, the woman measuring you with a look. "If you have something to say, why don't we talk about this outside instead of in here."
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny peered at the car for another moment. "Maybe he dropped it?," she murmured, turning to check the area nearby...

>OOC:
-Not sure which is better, Investigation or Perception, so I rolled both- searching the area nearby (and incidentally any passers-by and the local streetscape. While she is searching for Source, there might be other magics. Don't look at Felix.
-Perception 1d20+8= 27, Investigation 1d20+9= 19
-Rolls https://orokos.com/roll/771003