[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jenny finds that curiously, there's no trace of Source anywhere nearby.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Yeah," Felix nods, then deadpans, "Or I just nearly got into a fist fight with a junkie for no apparent reason."

"I have no idea what I'm doing here,"
He sighs, " I'm a friggen electronics mechanic with a shiny canon. Why didn't the crazy ghost hire a private detective? There has to be a few of those in this part of town."

Felix stops and considers hiring a private detective to actually do the search for them, but is forced to shelf the idea when he realizes that it will probably cost money.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Do either Jenny or Felix wish to try investigating the car he abandoned? The doors are currently unlocked.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: normal

Jenny sighed, but did not quite glare at Felix. "He DID hire a private detective- but when I wanted to, like, detect, everybody was like, no let's just jump right in. So here we are... You would think all the mundies would have noticed a place like this, but people can can get pretty good at making themselves NOT notice the Strange and Unusual. Maybe they won't notice some other strangeness..."

She looked around, up and down the street, then turned towards the car. "Keep an eye out for your buddy, okay?"

>OOC:
Jenny will take a look in the car. If you need a roll, it will have to wait until later, when I'm home and can use die rollers...

>OOC 2: Sorry if I'm a bit quiet. RL stress (mostly work) is making quite a jumble of my brain.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I assumed you were running a detect on the car itself. Was your are of search including the other side of the street (where the bar is located) as well? No worries on you being quiet in that case by the way I know how life can be.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:08 pm GM: I assumed you were running a detect on the car itself. Was your are of search including the other side of the street (where the bar is located) as well? No worries on you being quiet in that case by the way I know how life can be.
>OOC: after she found nothing in the car initially, she 'took a look around at the nearby area', being careful to NOT look at Felix.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: My apologies. I thought you were trying to find an inhaler if they had dropped it. Let me recorrect...

Jenny, not fully satisified that she cast the spell right initially, tries a secxons time just to make sure. While there is again no trace of Source near the car, there is some strong magical presence coming from the bar, typical of other mages gathering in one location. Normal people seem to notice the bar just fine, with both humans and supernaturals maneuvering the area.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

>OOC: Got it, will edit earlier post for coherence
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM:Apologies for my delay...

Jenny manages to slip into the car without any odd-looks, those who saw the man originally leave the car having long moved on to elsewhere. When she starts looking around, her eyes are first drawn to the various litter and trash that cover the floor, the remains of many fast-food outings. There's also a distinct stink of cigarette smoke that still lingers, though she can't find any signs of where it could be coming from. The center console has a few sparse items such as hairspray and a hairbrush (with hair still in it), a tangle of USB cables, at least three dollars in loose change, and an old mint stuck to the bottom of it all. The dashboard has a loose amount of papers that many people keep in the car such as the manual, proof of car insurance, and... A gun. Whoever the owner of this car was, it seems to belong to someone who'll keep a gun in their dashboard right along their insurance papers.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Well, wow me. What have you detected, Miss Drew?" Felix asks.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny sat on the edge of the seat, leaving the door open. She sorted through all of the odds and ends with a careful eye, sifting through them with flicking gestures of one hand. The spare change went into one pocket of her coat, as did the tuft of hair from the hairbrush. She looked at the registration and papers, memorizing the name for later use. She lingered longest over the gun, flicking the bullets out and dropping them into the trash and litter on the floor before returning the weapon to its hiding place. She knew people who would pay a pretty penny for a fresh piece, but now wasn't the time- best to leave as little trace as possible.

With a few more gestures, she closed everything back up and eased back out of the car.

"If nothing else, this will give us some more leads to run down later. Do you want to go inside before your buddy comes bac, or should we go back to lurking?"

>OOC:
-The obvious question- does the name on the registration match the gender of our missing "friend"?
-The belated Investigation and Perception rolls, for the car and area:
Investigation 1d20+9= 11, Perception 1d20+8= 10, rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/774199 (I imagine that gets a big fat nothing)
-If it is a revolver, just dump the bullets into the backseat litter; if it is magazine-fed, eject it and dump the magazine under the seat. Either way, put the gun back

>OOC 2: As mentioned earlier, the next month is going to be tough for me- RL/job stress is wearing me down. Please be patient.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The gun seems to be a variant of a common Smith & Wesson M&P, Jenny after some fiddling is able to unload the clip and dump it amongst the various rubbish. While she's not able to spot or note anything new, she has the feeling that the man who ran off is not one "Abigail Chase", nor does the long black hair match his.

GM: No luck on those rolls, sorry man. Regarding your RL-jazz, don't worry about making me upset or however if you're busy. I'm just glad you've let us know, and hope that things settle in for you. Work stress sucks.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I'd say go back to lurking. I expected the others to get into some trouble by now, but if they haven't blown the windows off the building everything must be going good," He pauses and looks a little uncertain, "I think."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

She took hold of the bottle with a hard smirk and turned away to return to her seat. No go on the action unless she wanted to push the issue but she wasnt feeling the fight vibe at the moment so she let it go,

"Thanks."

Sitting back down she made sure Copper had a plateful of steak as she sat back to enjoy her own lunch. these guys were cautious so they werent going to draw them out at least not yet.

She snorted inwardly a little impatience rising to the fore, She hated when things got complicated.

yeah thats pretty much what it is bit of fluff to describe her tracking ability
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'm going to move things ahead a ways.

Felix and Jenny get back to the Mongrel not a moment to soon. A frazzled looking woman with black hair exits the bar, unknown to the two of them having managed to bypass Treant and Veronica with an underhanded trick. She makes a beeline straight for the car, scowling the whole while, but saying nothing. It's apparent that things must not be going according to her plans, whatever they may be, and it seems like she's about to abandon the area entirely.

Inside the bar, the ongoing party seems to have recovered by Cheyenne and Copper's observation, but there's a nagging feeling that they're still being watched. The two are eventually joined by the towering spirit of nature and the slimeform woman. They inform her that they had a lead on someone suspicious, but she managed to slip by them after tossing a glass of brandy into Rafael's face. He doesn't look very amused by her maneuver at all.

GM: Jenny and Felix have the chance to tail her in the Mongrel. For Cheynne and Copper, you get the feeling you're not going to be getting much out of them now that they're on edge.
------------