[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

The amorphic woman easily takes an inside seat of the booth and orders food more for it's cost versus quantity rather than quality and spends the time while the others chat and compare notes packing it away trying not to draw attention to quite how much she is putting away, but this body of hers needs a very large amount of protein and it seemed any food she consumed was digested extremely quickly, though hidden behind the bodysuit she wears. She chips in here and there with a detail about the raid on the Mazerunners base, and tries to avoid the dark glares of Abigail.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jenny has in fact both seen and heard this girl before. She's hung out with one of the group of teens you sometimes associate with, though they were the type of people that the local gangs liked to target. Rumor has it that she was in a bit deeper then just some two-bit junkie looking for an escape. If she was present at the time that place was raided, it's possible she was there keeping watch in their absence.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

When the waitress got around to her, she smiled and called for pancakes- amended a moment later to "A pancake", when a quick search of her pockets turned up a few coins and one tattered dollar bill.
Chey saw this and amended Jenny's order, 'Pancakes, and add some eggs, sausage and bacon and hashbrowns, and toast to it, with some oj." she said casually
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The waitress gives Cheyenne a conspiratorial wink at the time, and writes it down. "Coming right up!"

She finishes tsking everyone else's orders and, some time later, comes over with two trays full if food for everyone. Placed in front of Jenny is a fresh and delicious classic American breakfast .
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Since the booth next to them is also empty, Copper jumps up on the bench and lays down. With his head at side facing outwards, he looks as if he's going to take a nap - either that or challenge whoever tries to tell him he can't lay there.

Otherwise, he's all ears to what's going on.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric smiles warmly as he eyes his pastrami sub. He's glad that Cheyenne helped Jenny with her breakfast; he'd have done it himself, but she beat him to it. Besides, he doesn't know Jenny all that well yet, and he doesn't want to make assumptions about her, or really anyone else at this table, aside from Abby, who he's been working with over the past year. It's probably been a rough year for most everyone at this table, having to get used to being different.

The dragon intrigues Eric, though. He's watched how Cheyenne fed it raw meat, and now, it is resting on the bench near her, relaxed but alert. On a hunch, Eric faces the dragon and takes a deep breath, trying to analyzed the dragon's scent. ~What is it about this dragon? Somehow, he seems so familiar...~ Eric muses. It seems friendly enough, though, since it isn't attacking anyone at the table.

> OOC https://orokos.com/roll/789422 , I think subtract 1 if the dragon is more than 10 feet away from Eric. What can Eric deduce from his keen sense of smell and his observations? https://orokos.com/roll/789422 for the Insight check.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's something almost dog-like about Copper's scent, though it's mainly reptilian. That of the group Erics is with is of course present, but it's overshadowed by more unfamiliar odors. Some of them like children, boys and s girl, while the others of a man and woman. His family, perhaps?

On a whole, he really does seem much more dog-like in mannerisms, and Eric's is able to conclude he was likely a family pet before the Inheritance. There's something else though, the way he's watching the group, craning his head, it's as if he completely understands every word.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

Eric smiles and turns to Cheyenne. "Your friend there, the dragon, he wasn't, human, was he? He seems friendly, much like, oh, say, a dog maybe? Pretty smart, too. It's good to have such a devoted friend." He looks down at his sandwich. "Hey, I'm only gonna eat half this. Think he'd like the rest?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
Eric smiles and turns to Cheyenne. "Your friend there, the dragon, he wasn't, human, was he? He seems friendly, much like, oh, say, a dog maybe? Pretty smart, too. It's good to have such a devoted friend.""
Chey merely shrugged while lazily scratching under Coppers scaly chin "Hes Copper; that's all he needs to be. "
He looks down at his sandwich. "Hey, I'm only gonna eat half this. Think he'd like the rest?
Another shrug and a glance over her shoulder as she said casually "Ask him yourself."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

~O-KAY...~ Eric thinks to himself, growing somewhat hot under the collar. "Now, an observant cop could tell you, after watching Copper for a moment or two that he used to be a family pet, most likely a dog, from just watching his mannerisms. And, as a twenty-year veteran, sure, I was good at my job. So, how could I possibly know, for a fact, that his family consisted of a father, a mother, two sons and a daughter?"

He sighs and continues. "And, OK, I'll do that." Eric turns to face Copper. "Hey, boy, you want some of this sandwich?" He picks up half of it and takes a big bite, savoring the flavor of the warm pastrami, cheese, and all the fixins. "Mmmm-mmm. I like that." Pushing the plate towards Copper, Eric adds, "It's yours if you want it, Copper."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

"Copper." The dragon looks up at Eric and speaks. Or at least, Eric understands him... "The only people who get to call me 'boy' or other affectionate terms are my humans...

"And... you look like you need that sandwich more than I do, even if I do appreciate the offer."

He gives Cheyenne a 'you don't have to stop' look in regards to her scratches. Out of the corner of his eye, he watches Eric squirm a little.

"Pleasure to meet you too." He says, letting the cop off easy... "Nice touch offering me some of your sandwich. But seriously, you eat it. Mustard gets into my nose and make me sneeze. And spit. Acid."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Abigail blinks at the dragon, before shaking her head. "Of course he speaks. Why wouldn't he? Is there anything about this world that makes sense anymore?"

She stabs her plated salad with her fork, not really eating it so much as using it to occupy her hands. "You've gotta tell me how you can guess those things someday Sammy, I swear you're psychic or somethin' like that at times."
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

~Was not expecting that~ Eric muses to himself as the dragon makes himself understood. Aloud, he says, "I apologize, Copper. I meant no disrespect." He pulls the plate back towards himself. "I'll get the waitress to wrap this up so I can take it home."

Turning to Abby, he says, "And to answer your question, no, I'm not psychic. I'm just really observant, with a really damn sensitive nose. I could smell them on him. It's why I had to sell my house, ya know. Everywhere in that house, I would catch a whiff reminding me of my wife." He shakes his head, a look of sheer grief crossing his face. "And I couldn't handle it."

Eric then resumes eating his sandwich, his brow furrowed, deep in thought. Even after over a year, the pain of losing his wife and child still affects him.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

Chey sits there almost lazily and keeps scratching Copper adding some more scratches between his horns. theres a bit of an amused grin on her face as she does while also munching down on her own philly cheesesteak.

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The woman rolls her eyes, the very picture of not believing him. "Yeah yeah, of course you did."
------------