[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"I get that funny feeling we're relying on serendipity to see us through," Felix says with a chuckle, "As far as I know we're following somebody completely unrelated to any of this."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:54 pm "I get that funny feeling we're relying on serendipity to see us through," Felix says with a chuckle, "As far as I know we're following somebody completely unrelated to any of this."
Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

From where she sat in the passenger seat, Jenny sighed. "I don't think she is COMPLETELY unrelated, since that guy got out of her car and he is likely up to something. But she could have called him by now, or he could have called her, and she could be leading us off on a wild Faerie chase. So what do we do? Keep following, or loop back?"

>OOC: RL/job stress has (hopefully) mostly been resolved. Trying to get back up to speed.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Eh, not like the bar is going anywhere," Felix says, "And I've got a full tank of gas and no plans for the day. I say we chase the goose and see where it goes."

"Ten bucks says she runs out of gas before we do."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

Perception: 1d20+7 21
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There we go, nice. Though by now I likely should've just tossed it for you two.

While he can't make out anything perfectly, Copper is intelligent enough to grasp what they're doing from context. It seems the hooded one was a street-mage, and the satyr instructed him to prepare a tracking spell that required a focus of some kind.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey paused a moment taking in the scenery and tried to focus her senses

Cheyes perception check _: 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13
meh
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

Copper starts to mime something then remembers the jeweled color.

"Looks like Hood is being told by Goat-Legs to track them."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:07 pm "Eh, not like the bar is going anywhere," Felix says, "And I've got a full tank of gas and no plans for the day. I say we chase the goose and see where it goes."

"Ten bucks says she runs out of gas before we do."
Jenny Ember

Jenny shook her head. "Ten bucks is way too much money for my taste- that's like a weeks worth of meals..." She looked around quickly, taking stock of where they were. "I guess we'll just have to hope she doesn't use her phone while she is driving so her friends don't have her leading us while they're up to no good..." Luckily, she had an excellent sense of direction- if they were being led in circles, she would (probably) notice.

>OOC: She has Direction Sense, and I rolled Perception to see if she notices any attempt to go in circles. Perception 1d20+8= 16, roll https://orokos.com/roll/782747
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jenny notices no attempt to try and ditch them as a tail. In fact, it seems she's finally started to enter a neighborhood that's more unfamiliar and new. There's a lot of five story buildings in this area, acting as both apartments, business, and office spaces. A lot of the business seem to be closed and not in operation, though it's not an especially lifeless neighborhood either. Eventually she pulls up to one building, though she doesn't exit her car right away. On the building you see a number if signs, one of them is a painted sign that reads "Chase Detective Agency" with the cheesy tagline "Chasing after your mysteries".
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix parks the Mongrel down the street, pulls off his boxy mirror shades and proceeds to massage the bridge of his nose with a pained expression on his face.

"Well, good news is we didn't lose them," Felix notes aloud, "The bad news is I think we just chased down people who aren't the ones we're looking for."

"Dang it."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari frowns at Felix's revelation. "Well that's unfortunate. What now?" She looks around the somewhat cramped vehicle, what with the large tree man squeezed in. "Do we have any other leads?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I've got nothing I haven't already said," He slides his shades back on, "Now I'm wondering if that junkie was a private detective. Either way I doubt they're going to know much and I really don't think they'd be willing to share."

"Should we head back to the bar?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"I for one would like to have a few words with that woman about propped agricultural care." Rafael growled out, still feeling the phantom sting of being splashed with drink. "We might be able to get answers out of her now that she's cornered as well."

GM: Forgive me for piloting Treant, but he's effectively an NPC until Camus (possibly) returns.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Once they pulled to a stop, Jenny leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes for a moment. She waved one hand in a vague gesture and muttered a few words that might have been Latin. The image that had cloaked the van faded, its usefulness ended.

She opened her eyes again, looking down the street towards where their quarry had parked. "If we're going to try to speak to her, we ought to do it now, before she goes inside. Or we can go back to the bar, and see if the others found anything out..." Her voice trailed off into silence and she looked around warily. A heartbeat or two later she closed her eyes again and whispered a few words in another unrecognizable language. The ends of her hair shifted lightly, though there was no wind inside the van.

"There is one other thing I could try, if we don't want to risk talking to her directly," she said after a brief wait. "It is a bigger magic than I want to pull together sitting out here in the open though..." She opened her eyes again, and looked at each of the others. "Back to the bar, or kick reality where it hurts?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

She listened to Copper and nodded her head thinking carefully.

"lets regroup with the others Copper." she said after a moment "Come on boy."

She then turned on her heels and began making her way across the roof tops back towards the group where shed last tracked them.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories