[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix looks forward, then back, then sighs.

"God dammit," He mutters, digging the ball of thread out of his pocket and sticking one end to the wall. His dreams of a silk weave ballistic weave armor disappearing due to magic maze.

"Okay, well, we can try to follow the footprints, try to see if the dragon can sniff out a trail... or we walk with one hand on the left wall," He tilts his head to the side.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There are only two directions to go. Forward, toward where you still spy a bend toward the left. Backwards, a split at it's end leading off into another two directions. Felix, now that he's inside this apparent mage proper, is able to detect some sort of magic surrounding them all. What it's doing specifically is unclear but this hallway is obviously not normal.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Right, left it is," Felix says after an awkward silence and continues forward towards the bend they hadn't checked yet, trailing silk behind him.

The smart move would be to try heading back, but the source of the magic probably hadn't snuck up behind them. And he was curious to see what else had been hidden in the basement.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Turning left down the hall, the first thing Felix sees is a rather sizable hole on his left size. There are chunks of concrete litering the ground, left to litter. Rigjt above the wall there is a line of silk thread going straight down the hallway, disappearing down another bend. If Felix were to glance at the thread held in his hand, he would notice that it seems to connect to the line he had already left.

GM: Will save from Felix.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Huh," He says looked from the thread to the wall, then back down the hall, "Illusion? Some kind of bend in reality? Seems like it'd need an incredibly powerful source of energy to pull off."

He traps the wall with his staff again, "Probably some kind of trick to this."
OOC: Will Save: 1d20+10 22
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The more Felix thinks about it, the more he notices a dull ache behind his eyes. He blinks, and just like that the world blurs. Another, and he find a himself standing in the middle of a twenty foot hallway. The hole is still there, the door they came from is also still there. What's new is another door opposite the first, and the Fact that he seems to have wrapped the several loops of silk over the walls and doors.

Now that he's seen it himself, he's able to determine it was a simple illusionary trick. Taking what was preseent in an area and stretching it out in your mind, randomizeing it, making you think the hallways were endless when it was just the same one repeating over and over. It likely would've been more effective without the obvious hole, and the way the thread started to repeat as well.

He looks at his companions who had been following him walk a few feet before suddenly turning around and walking back. They do this a few more times before stopping right behind you, presumably seeing what you had had initially seen when you turned that bend.

GM: Will saves from everyone else. If Felix helps by stating the trick, +5 circumstantial bonus to disbelieve.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

The psudo-solid woman keeps quiet, though is quietly worried about the current situation, unfortunately, it's outside her area of expertise, so she was content to follow Felix who seemed to know more about magic and utilize her efforts to keeping her eyes open for ambushes, moving along the walls and ceiling smoothly.
Will: 1d20+7 20 Not including possible +5, if she even needs it in this instance.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey had been following Felix when the hallways started twisting and turning on them, She knew they were lost but dammit her sense of direction was being mucked with and even her preternatural tracking ability was repeating information on her.

Cheys will save Roll(1d20)+6: 5,+6 Total:11 meh :P 16 if Felix explains
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Ah, okay, I know what this is. It's an illusion which is walking us back around and back to where we started. We are literally walking down the hall turning around and walking back again, but the magic is making us think we're still going the same way and appearing back where we started," He considers for a minute, he quickly wraps the silk back into the ball, "Try to look past it if you can, looking at the hole in the wall helped me out. If that doesn't work..."

"We tie this around your wrist, you close your eyes and I lead us down around the corner,"
He takes the silk and wraps it around the hand of anybody who indicates they're having a problem seeing through the illusion.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What happened with Felix echoes with both Velari and Arachne. Cheyenne and Copper however remain in a state of confusion, still trapped within the strange repeating maze. When the sorcerer wraps some of the thread around Chey's hand and the dragon's claw so that he may guide them to the door, the illusion suddenly snaps away as they feel themselves pulled through what should've been a solid wall. It leaves the two with a lasting headache, but it probably won't affect them for very long.

Reaching the door now is trivial, and there's no indication of a keyhole. Evidently the maze itself was the sole method of security for this particular room.

GM: Just to keep us moving...
Arachne: 21
Copper: 17
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

"Well that was unnerving. We'll need to try to be wary of more stuff like that." Obvious maybe, but it sounded like it could be a nervous need to fill the silence as she uses her unique physiology to feel around the door edges for air-tightness, or lack thereof that she could slip through for a peek.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The door isn't anymore airtight then the ither normal doors you've come across this far, and Velari has no trouble getting an eye or even an ear in. The room is dark, though whether from aimply being flicked off or broken is undetermined. There's also not a sound to be heard, nothing that indicates anyone at least. Abandoned, much as everything else has been.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

"Dark and quiet in there." She relays to the others. Of course, dark and quiet is perfect for an ambush, so caution would be a good policy moving forward down here.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Well, hopefully there is a light switch in there," Felix says giving his staff a shake. The crystal at the top starts glowing a green color as he walks forward and opens the door.
OOC: Technically Felix has a flashlight. I just thought a glowing staff would be cooler.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The door opens outward into the hallway, allowing it to become lit by the hallway's overhead lights. There is a switch, but when Felix tries it he get's nothing at all. The source of that seems to be the fact that in the middle of the ceiling was an overhead fan with lights, though it now only hangs by a handful of wires. It matches the room in general, what was once a well decorated office fit for a druglord now thrown apart in a fit of rage. Papers litter the ground, paintings are askew and torn, a desk broken in half while a large metal chair that had accompanied it was now halfway embedded in the wall behind it.

Everything in here is a mess, and could take some time to sort through if you didn't know what you were trying to find.

GM: Hey, flavor your equipment however you like. I don't mind in the least.
------------