[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey shrugged and pulled out some slightly crumpled papers and handed them to Felix. "Asked a friend to look at them but they didnt find anything out of the ordinary." she answered casually with an easy shrug.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Cheyenne hands the papers over to felix, one partially torn note flutters out of the mixture. His mechanical arms are quick to snatch it before it hits the grand. It seems to have been the love note written and addressed anonymously, with the logo for a the location known as "Wolfram Hearth's Bar and Grill" at the top.

GM: I don't want to railroad, but it was looking increasingly like you were overlooking a key lead...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Huh... well, we know at least one person knew somebody at that hideout," He says as his robot arm holds out the note, "Can't say I'm familiar with Wolfram Hearth's Bar and Grill."

"But I guess if we're looking for these guys that'd be the place to start?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny nodded as Felix mentioned the name of the bar. It sounded familiar- but many things did, even things she was certain she had never heard before. "I think I've heard of that place. If we have a few minutes to work, I might be able to ask around a bit more..."

>OOC:
-Streetwise check 1d20+13= 26
-Area knowledge (Mirum Urbem) 1d20+5= 24
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/756022

So either that bar is known to the occult community, or their dumpsters have a good haul.
Also, not using it yet, but going to roll now, while I can: Contacts/Investigation 1d20+9= 19, roll https://orokos.com/roll/756023
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'll keep the investigation roll on the backburner then, for whenever you use it. Minor correction btw; "Wolfram's Hearth, Bar and Grill"

Jenny has, in fact, heard of the place. In addition to knowing exactly where they're located, she knows a few other important things.

Wolfram's Hearth is an older establishment that's been around since the city's founding, and has always been thought to have ties with certain members of the underworld. With her ear to the streets she's well aware that it did, and in fact still does, have a certain flavor to it's clientele. However, these days it's also a popular hang-out spot for the more monstrous members of the supernatural community in general due to a lack of discrimination from it's owner, a burly Troll named Rogerick Wolfram, the grandson of the bar's original owner. Needless to say, the only one of you who'd stick out in the place would be Jenny herself. Shady as it might be, 'The Hearth' as it's known to the community doesn't allow for underage drinking.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny thought things over for a minute. She knew OF the place, though she had never been there. She rattled off the address, in case one of the others knew that neighborhood. "It used to be a criminal hangout, back in the old days. Now it is where the monsters hang out, the ones who were really changed- the owner is a troll. If we're looking for a minotaur, he would probably be right at home." She paused and looked around at the rest of the group, her gaze stopping on their "host".

"Does anybody have anything else? Do we want to go right down there, or do we have a few minutes?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix shrugs, "I don't think we're in a big hurry."

He pauses then looks over at Echo, "Right?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Source needs dealt with. Yet it's not going to get dramatically worse over the next few days." His head tilts to the right at an impossible angle. "Well. Not that I know of at least." Echo ads, enigmatically.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari looks ready to move out, but looks at Felix's ride, then at the large tree man. "So....how are we getting there?" She could riding on top of Felix's vehicle by sticking to it, no problem, but she wasn't sure if it could support a huge guy like the treant.
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

"Ill get there. Eventually." the ent says, cracking a smile in his bark. "I'll get a head start if you don't mind" Once he get the address he takes his leave and searches for a road in the vegetation to speed up his progress.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix sighs, "Well, I can just drive us there."

He looked at his staff and considered the flight mode he never seemed to use. Oh well. Soon.

Soon.

"I cleaned out the back this time," He said.

He'd actually just sold most of the odds and ends to a junk shop. Though he did throw out the old, empty, fast food bags.

He scratched his chin and wondered for a moment if he should redesign the Mongrel to be more like a bus.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Echo flickers away into nothing as he notices everyone take their leave. "Good luck."

Outside, people start getting ready to clamber into Felix's van, with the sole exception of Rafael who begins to lumber his way towards where the bar might be located. Seeing as their destination was within the city, he estimates it may take him some time to get there on foot even if he takes shortcuts through parks and overgrown alleyways.

Felix has a moment to consider the situation regarding transport, and thinks that he might have a solution to make everyone happy. Well, mostly himself. If he were to hand over the keys of the Mongrel to Cheyene, have Jenny ride shotgun with Copper on her lap or flying himself, Treant and Velari might be able to squeeze into the back together. It's awkward, but they'd be able to arrive at the same time as himself, who could take the time to familiarize himself with his hoverboard for a change.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Easy rider

"I'll see you there." Chey waved as she straddled the Harley and revved it up, goosing the throttle and starting the bike which gave a healthy roar of 3500 rpms. She peeled out and drove towards their destination rolling smoothly through traffic. Parking outside the place she set the kickstand, and waited patiently for the others to arrive in there own way and time.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix is forced to look at his hoverboard longingly as that aspect of his potential idea turns to dust before his very eyes.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Ah well," Felix mutters to himself, "Not like I had insurance for other drivers."

He needed to look into that too.

Getting into the Mongrel he stuffed his staff into the customized holder then buckled himself in while his robot arms linked into the vehicle itself, "All aboard that's coming aboard.