[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Velari Larosa wrote: Looking inside the room past Felix. "Going critical? That's bad right? How can we stop it?"
Cheyenne wrote: As Felix said the words "going critical" she winced "Please tell me you can disarm it because I really don't relish trying to chuck it into the ocean from here."
"I have no idea!" Felix says over his shoulder with a grin, "Isn't it great?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal

Copper fixes Felix with a "are you out of your mind?" look before sniffing around...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the group enters, Arachne following behind, you all find yourselves moving through frustratingly empty shelves devoid of little besides scraped product or emptied bottles. The only thing that draws you is the curious glow just out of sight, and another sound of glass breaking. When you finally turn the bend, you're met with a grisly sight. What looks to have been an human male lies crumpled against a corner, his skin pulled tight against his bones as if mummified. His expression is frozen into one of utter agony, his hands clenched tight against a glowing orb. Large cracks cover the entire surface, arcane energy leaking from within like water, pooling the floor in a curiously liquid electricity. Arcs of mana occasionally jolt from the orb into the body that clutches it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Uh, somebody make sure the dragony thing doesn't go too close to the orb or that puddle," Felix says fiddling with his glasses trying to get a closer look without actually moving too close, "I've never seen liquid lightning before, that is really frickin' cool."

"Probably deadly. But cool."

Felix starts muttering to himself, "Okay, so orb, appears to be electrical based, uh, leaking fluid from the inside, need to try to stabilize and seal... is Duct tape conductive? Nah, that's a terrible idea..."
OOC: Knowledge Arcana Check on lightning orb: 1d20+4 21 to hopefully have some idea of what it is and if it's possible to fix it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the young sorcerer examines the crystal orb from the safe distance of absolutely-nowhere-near-it, his glasses zoom in on the cracks covering the broken artifact where that strange fluid-lighting is leaking from. After a few seconds, he comes to the realization that it's actually leaking a liquid form of mana itself. It's almost fascinating to watch the as it raced along what was once an intricate lattice within the orb itself, before being swept away by the cracks and channeled outward. Curiously, there seems to be an active connection between it and the corpse.

Another thing caught his attention, something at the orb's very center. A tangled knot of electricity condensed to the size of a marble from which the arcs originated. He zoomed in just a little closer, only to come to a sudden realization that he wasn't just observing it. It was observing him. A glowing eye full of malice that burned itself into his retina.

Cheyenne, Velari, and Copper noticed the corpse suddenly twitch, arcs of mana starting to surge into it at an increased pace. Dropping the crystal orb from it's death grip, the spontaneously reanimated gangster lunged forward with a feral cry.

All too late did the young mage realize what it all meant. The Mazerunners had gone and broke a sentient artifact by pumping it full to the brim with way more magic then it should ever have held likely driving it insane in the process, and now you were about to deal with the consequences.

GM: Initiative! Enough of you noticed what was about to happen that you're not caught completely off-guard. I will roll for Arachne.

Arcane Zombie: 20
Broken Orb: 18
Arachne:9

Felix: ?
Cheyenne: ?
Copper: ?
Velari: ?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Init: 1d20+2 13
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

"Oh wonderful." was all Chey said as she took in the setting before her, But when the corpse on the ground snarled at them and then attacked she didn't waste more words. She went on the offensive herself.'

Cheys initiative Roll(1d20)+8: 9,+8 Total:17
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix yelps and flails backwards, disoriented from the sudden movement of the orb, the zombie, and his own zoomed in goggles.

He frantically taps at his glasses, trying to reset them back to normal, "Evil! It's evil! Both of its are evil!"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"

Copper snorts at Felix referring to him as the "dragonny thing." Apparently, while his ability to communicate with people still lacked, his comprehension skills had vastly improved from his days as a dog...

And also apparent is that his ire at the comment distracts him somewhat...

Init: 1d20+4 9
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It whips it's head between the group, eyes wide and dripping with magic. You're not quite sure by what measure it's trying to size your group up, but in the end, his gaze falls upon the pugilist of a mage first. With a savage hitch in it's step, it charges the woman dead on, grasping and pulling at her arms with supernatural strength!

Behind the undead creature, the orb flashes as it's surrounded by a band of symbols. They begin to rotate around it, causing the orb lifts up into the air by some form of spell. Energy wafts around it's form as if protecting it, and you get the sense it's watching you all intently.

GM: Alright, I'll put ya'll in two blocks with Arachne in the middle.

Attack Vs. Cheyenne: 28 That's a complete hit for a DC 21 toughness.
It makes to hit with Fast Grab check: 22 for a DC 16 Grabbing Effect.

Neither the zombie nor the orb are minion types.

Arcane Zombie: 20 -3 Active Defenses
Broken Orb: 18 [Defending]
Cheyenne: 17 | DC 21 Toughness, DC 16 Grab
Velari: 13

Copper: 9
Felix: 3
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari lashes out reflexively at the.... ex-person that was attacking. Seeing it go to attempt to grapple onto Cheyenne, Velari reaches out to strike it and attempt to grapple it in turn!
Array set fully to Elongation 8 for grapple bonus. Unarmed Attack (Fast Grab): 1d20+13 27 and her own Fast Grab.

DC 18 Toughness for the Strike, and DC 20 for the Grab
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

She was right up front and in a fighting stance with out even needing to think about it. then the wildeyed ghoul came snarling at her she stood her ground and made sure she was in its way as it tried to maul her like some crazed beast. She calmly weathered the storm using her arms to fend off the worst of its attacks keeping it from getting its claws into her.

After wrestling around she finally managed to get her hands around the back of its head which she then dragged down while simultaneously driving her knee up right under the ghouls chin with vicious force.

Cheys toughness save Roll(1d20)+10: 11,+10 Total:21 made it on the nose

Her Grapple check Roll(1d20)+10: 16,+10 Total:26 yeah shes got that covered

Her follow up attack which shell power attack for -2/+2 Roll(1d20)+4: 18,+4 Total:22 if that hits that's a DC 27 impact

also her attacks count as magical so if the creature takes extra damage from magic or has resistances to any except against magic

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

In a stunning display of teamwork, Velari manages to bind the ravenous undead with her amorphic limbs long enough for Cheynne to break free of it's grip, and deal a heavy blow that cracks it's head sideways. Arachne pops in to take over for the slime-woman, quickly weaving a string of webbing to completely bind the dangerous foe.

To the side, you get the intense feeling that the orb has just sighed in exasperation.

GM: Toughness: 10 That coulda been worse. -1 and Dazed.Strength: 7 That could literally not be worse... Utter failure, he's Bound
Toughness: 23 Vs. 27+5(Critical Hit due to Defenseless) -1 and Dazed

Arachne: Makes a Routine Check against the zombie with her Web-Binding
Parry: 1 Ouchy. Yeah, this guy is effectively KO'd in he first round.

Arcane Zombie: 20 -2 Toughness, Dazed, Bound (defenseless, immobile, and impaired), Defenseless, Immobile
Broken Orb: 18 [Defending]
Cheyenne: 17
Velari: 13
Copper: 9
Felix: 3
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"

Copper finds himself bouncing around like an excited pup as the zombie goes down. Not catching the relation between the orb and the fallen undead, he doesn't act against it or try to interact with it in any way. Instead, he tries to make sure the zombie is truly out. He'll even spit acid (once the others are safely away...) on it for good measure if he thinks it'll help...

(Holding action for the moment.)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Okay," Felix says waving his staff in front of himself as if to ward off an attack, "Okay, so, uh, the orb is sapient, and it's a magic battery and reflector, so don't hurl magic at it."

"And I think it killed everybody here after they drove it crazy by forcing it to absorb and release way more magic than it should have, so," He pauses, "Okay."

"Uh, so, how about we say this, you stop killing people and we accept that they weren't very nice people and probably had it coming," Felix say as calmly as he can manage, "And nobody else gets hurt?"

Felix forces a big smile, but somehow doubts this is going to work.
It's hard to convince a torture victim you're a cool dude when you're carrying around the implement of their anguish in your autonomous robot arms.
OOC: Going to use my turn to try diplomacy. I don't think it will work, at all, but it seems wrong not to try ;~)
Persuasion Check on Homicidal orb: 1d20+4 15