[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man's smile falters when he sees Cheyenne emerge alongside Jenny, but it comes back once the girl starts climbing back onto the ground. "Hey, uh, great! Fantastic. Just what I wished for."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: fatigued

Jenny smiled for just a moment. "That's the thing about wishes- they aren't ever quite what you were planning for them to be- especially if something offers you three of them..." She gave one last look back at the reassuring bulk of the Battle Jitney then squared her shoulders and turned to the man. "Okay, so you dragged me off another important job, so let's get started. What can you tell me- and where are we headed?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hah, are they really huh? I'll have to keep that in mind later, thanks." He spoke in a jovial, almost conversational tone. "So, just you two right? Right... I've got a car back parked back a block, we'd be heading up towards main. He's got a townhouse there, you see."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"Uhuh." Cheyenne nodded her tone more of a growl then an actual word. She reached back opened the back of the jittney and pulled her harley out one handed hefting it like a sack of groceries and setting it gently on the ground where she mounted it and started the engine. then she reached over offered jenny a helmet and a hand onto the back of the bike

"Lead on we'll follow you there," She said the look in her eyes daring him to argue
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny nodded thanks to Cheyenne, absently grabbing the offered helmet. She looked back at the man for a moment, then looked past him, at what appeared to be empty air. "And here I was, wondering if I was going to have to whip up a flying carpet or something..."

What she really needed was a nap- between the interaction with the spirit back at Claire's apartment and the recent ritual, she was feeling a bit ragged. Something here felt off, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it...

>OOC:My player spidey-sense is tingling, way later than it ought to have- maybe my LARP reflexes are fading. Anyway, overdue Insight check on this guy, basic initial assessment of is he trustworthy/reliable. Insight 1d20+11= 21, roll https://orokos.com/roll/868032
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Ahahah, flying carpet? Now that'd be really crazy." He smiles off-kilter, watching the way Cheyenne handled her motorcycle with such ease.
Jenny
Watching him more carefully and observing to his somewhat forced laughter, she can get the impression that he's very on-edge right now. It feels as though he's not telling her exactly what's going on.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny sighed, and looked over at Cheyenne- just long enough to catch the big woman's eye... Then she glanced quickly at their contact and made a swift gesture with one hand, using the swing of her loose coat to screen the move from "John". "Maybe we ought to hear a little more of this story before we go any further. And maybe you ought to start with the truth. Turning you into a newt is tougher than making a flying carpet- but that isn't the only option..." This time she heard her hand out openly and made a complicated twisting gesture- and a faint tracery of unnatural light swirled in response.

>OOC: Using the Innuendo function of Deception to send a basic message to Cheyenne, DC 10. Roll 1d20+7= 13, roll https://orokos.com/roll/868755. Also a DC 10 Insight for Cheyenne to decode it- if made, that is 'Grab Him'. Not actually casting a spell, but beginning the channeling part of using her Variable...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He holds up his hands again, purposefully stepping back and away from the twonwoman and the HBJ. "Hey now, there ain't no need for that magic right here! I swear, my er, uncle, just wants some help alright?"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

With a shrug he drives back to the Fix I.T. shop, parking the Herkimer Battle Jitney in the garage.

As much as he loved it, it wasn't exactly subtle. With a grunt he pulled the power core out of the Battle Jitney and plugged it into the Mongrel before looking to the two remaining passengers.

"Coming or going guys?" He gives them a minute or two to decide what they were doing before he rolled back out onto the road and towards the convention.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

As Chey sat there Jenny caught her eye and gestured briefly. Cheys only response was to breath deeply then pounce like a tiger on "john" her hand snapping out viper quick to grab him by the throat and jerk him off the ground like so many potatoes. where she held him there her arm not even twitching.

Cheys insight check _: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15 is enough

Cheys grab attempt _: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15 should get him gets an average soldier at any rate

shes going for grip for now but can escalate to good night squeeze if it comes to it

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"-Grk‽" Instinctively he grabs for Cheyenne's hands, yet the man's natural human strength is nothing compared to the woman's amazonian grip.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: still waiting on a post from Mikjal before I post. Unless I missed something...
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny smiled at the man, perhaps just a bit too widely. "All right, let's start from the top. You know how they say 'Truth Hurts'? I bet that being bounced like a basketball because you lied to us hurts way more than that. So go ahead, tell us what's really going on- and remember, the spirits are listening, and they are pretty hard to fool..."

Jenny watched carefully- part of her reputation relied on not telling a lie, after all and what she had said was true, though her intent could be misinterpreted (that was allowed). Being bounced like a basketball would hurt- but Jenny probably wouldn't ask Cheyenne to do it- and the spirits were listening, but they probably would play lie detector for her; they were only listening for their own amusement...

>OOC: Moving along.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne

At the mention of bouncing someone like a basketball Chey got a positively wicked grin on her face and adjusted her grip ever so slightly in anticipation, the muscles under her skin flexing as she did and she eyed a particularly smooth patch of blacktop to do it on

Cheys gonna make an intimidation check to really drive home the point _: 1D20+18 = [20]+18 = 38 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gm: Hmmm... Yeah no he dosnt stand a chance.

It's obvious from the way his hands were fumbling for his jacket and the flash of metal he was about to pull a hidden piece. Cheyenne puts hum right into his place though, and he slowly makes to hold his hands up in surrender. "By Allah... You woman are crazy! Okay, okay, fine! I-'ll t-tell you whatever you want just- urk! J-just put me down!"
------------