[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

Eric shakes his head, wagging his finger. "No, no, no, I don't think so. I mean, we have no reason to trust you. Trust has to be earned, my friend. I think we need to reword that deal, something along the lines of 'You help us, and then we help you. And, let me remind you, if you renege on the deal, well, we have ways of literally tearing you apart."

He turns to the others. "But what do you guy think? "
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

ooc: I think they are doing a bang up job of interrogating Theodore. /ooc
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter
He turns to the others. "But what do you guy think? "
"I'm thinking of that scene in Jurassic Park where the goat is tied to a post to attract the T-rex, and when they turn around the goats gone, and what's left of it dangling from the T-rexes jaws."

Chey said cooly as she petted Copper.

"I'm also pretty sure you haven't eaten since lunch have you buddy?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Well, I figured he'd want to help to keep himself alive, but now he's reminding me of those sleazy used car salesmen," Felix shakes his head, "I'm thinking maybe we just figure it out on our own. I'm sure it won't bother Theodore if it takes us an extra couple of days to track down Longhorn or not?"

He looks over a Theodore, "After all, Longhorn'll come around. Right?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hahaha, come on, you're joking right? We had an undwrstanding here didn't we? I help you get to the bull, you get me out of these chains." Theodore says, straightening his back while meeting your eyes. That wide smile plastered on his face shrinks as the silence meeting him grows.

A spark shines in his eyes, then straining against his binding he leans as far forward as he can. The smile he wears turns mischievous at it's new angle, and those eyes looking up at you almost seem to hold a promise of power. "We can all be freinds now, and trust me, I treat my friends very well. You hearing me?"

Jenny catches a glimpse of carrier bags trading hands, one gloved and the other furred with black nails. Then a flash of one bag being opened, filled to the brim with crisp bundles of money.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

"The thing is, kid, you haven't done anything to make us want to help you. We don't trust you. You know what we want, Theodore, so give us that and then we can talk about how we can help you disappear."

Eric gives a significant look to Copper. "I would say the clock is ticking, Theodore. That dragon DOES look kinda hungry..."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"You guys are way nicer than me. I'm thinking we call his lawyer, turn him over to the police, he'll be out on the street in an hour, in some shady hole begging for his life an hour after that, and on the end of Longhorn's tender mercies for the rest of the night," He shrugs, "No work on our part, he gets his just deserts for being a terrible person, and we still get to the bad guy, just later. It's not like we're working on a timetable."

"Oh, sorry, what was your lawyer's name again?"
Felix asks, fiddling with Theodore's cellphone.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The corners of his lips draw tight and though he tries to laugh off the threats, it's starting to sound increasingly hollow. "You're bluffing. You don't look like someone that would just kill someone because they didn't do something you wanted. Fine, disregard the lawyer. How about we talk about something tangible. Whatever operation you're running, I'm betting it's in need of some funds, hm? Especially the doll over there, she looks like she could use some money." He jerks his heard towards Jenny.

"You see, I was the one doing most of the meet-and-greets on the streets if you know what I'm saying? I make sure the boss get's what he's owed from the people that owe it, sometimes I might... Skim a little here and there for myself. How's ah.." He takes a quick mental count of your group, "Two thousand..." His eyes land on the dragon, and he quickly backpedals himself. "Three thousand, how's that sound hm? Split it between yourselves on top of getting you an in, and nobody will have to know I was here. Sound good right?"
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Eric sighs and whips out his cell phone and begins to dial."Nine one one? Yes, I'd like to report a breakin. Yes, this is Eric Sams, right. That's me. We have restrained the perpetrators, right." He gives the police the address, eyeing Theodore significantly. "Oh, and one of them appears to be supernatural. Yes, heavy restraints, and probably a gag, at least until you have him in custody. Yes, thank you."

He turns towards Theodore, mouthing the word 'asshole'. To the others, he says, "Well, cops are on their way. I need some fresh air. Talking to this jerk makes me sick to my stomach." With that, he turns, walks out the door. Apparently, in Eric's eyes, offering them money was the absolutely WRONG thing to do...
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Six thousand!" He shouts when Eric's initially starts to dial. His eyes go wide and he tapes as the man continues onward, the woman on the end taking everything down. "You son of a bitch, we were about to close the deal! Stop, for fuck's sake!"

Yet it's no use.

As the call finished and Erica takes his leave, Theodore is continuing to shout out larger and larger sums of money. "Nine thousand, no, twelve! Twenty?! You piece of shit get back over here!" He screams, and startsrocking his chair back and forth untill it falls to one side. He snarls at the group before making a high pitched animalistic scream, eyes practically bulging. "You'll pay for this, I swear to god I'll make you pay for this!"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix was conflicted.

He didn't want to take this man's money, or have anything to do with him. The guy was peddling magical death to people who wanted to be magic, playing off their dreams and hopes. Getting them hooked, taking everything they had and killing them. Maybe not directly but he helped make it happen.

On the other hand twenty grand would have taken a huge bite out of his debts, and left him with money to spare for making new implements and technology.

He considered robbing the guy after he'd been bumped off by Longhorn, but chances are anybody who did that job would clean the place out afterwards. Right?

It might be worth checking into, he decided. Maybe.

Once out of the room he looks at the others, "Okay, so 911 is on the way, which means I'm out. Anybody who needs a ride, the Mongrel is headed out right now."

He did not want to hang around to be questioned by the police. He was still pretty sure that everything he was wearing was probably either illegal, or going to be illegal once the government figured out how they wanted to handle the whole magic thing.

"I'll let you guys know if I pull any more useful information out of the phone once I get it back to the shop," He says, disabling the GPS on Theodore's phone before powering it down.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

For the most part, Jenny stayed quiet as the negotiations went south- sorting through the images was an unfamiliar process, after all.

And touching his thoughts, even lightly was a disquieting, even disgusting sensation, like swimming in sewage. She much preferred dealing with spirits.

As Felix headed for the door, she shook herself and followed. "Money isn't everything, Teddy," she murmured sadly as she started to leave. "And karma is a stone cold bi***"

>OOC: More later (maybe tonight). Like the Magic 8-ball says "Reply hazy- try again later". Stupid pandemic... (But at least it hasn't started giving people supernatural powers. Yet)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

"Offering me steak probably would have gotten more sympathy." Copper says as he bounds after Felix.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Everyone leaves Theodore to his screaming, though Veronica stays behind to guard from outside the room. She used her amorphous nature to keep an eye and ear on the Satyr to see how he acted when he thought he was alone, though the woman had her doubts he was going to try much right now.

Abigail is upstairs waiting for the rest of you, looking down the stairwell as you ascent, a pierced eyebrow quirked upward. "Anyone going to tell me why he's screaming? No? Well, whatever. I'm assuming you've already called the cops Sammy? If you did, better clear outta here before they arrive in case you don't want your private investigation gummed up."
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

""Police are on their way," Eric calls up from below. "Guy has much to be concerned about in their custody, which is why he's screaming now."

He turns to Cheyenne and Jenny. "Name the spot, I'll join you there. Abby thinks we should scoot, and she has a point."

To Abby, he adds, "Give me a call when they're gone, I'll come back and help you clean up. I did say I would, right?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no