[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Eric shook Michael's hand, a wordless 'thank you' in his eyes. Eric had lost some really good officers due to such nonsense, and even after a year of retirement, it still bothered him.

Eric looked at the woman's picture. "I'm guessing she would avoid walking about in broad daylight. Though I can see why the two of you got along so well." He shook his head. "This picture tells me nothing about where she might be now. Michael, you might want to go though her mission notes, maybe figure out where she was supposed to be before she disappeared. Even that little bit could be helpful."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix looks from one man to the other wondering when this had gone from a macho pissing match to a scene from the Stepbrothers movie.
With a shake of his head he put his mind back to the task at hand.

And tried not to think too much about this bin of unmanaged prepaid credit cards that were stored somewhere...

"So, just to clarify, this is what we know," Felix speaks up, "She's female, an orc, she looks like this photo, and she was investigating the Teran United company. We have nothing we can use to connect to her via magic or spirits, and no electronics which we can trace."

"That's... almost nothing to work with. Short of trying to hack into their systems the only thing I could suggest is doing the same investigation she was doing and hoping they try to come after us too,"
Felix shakes his head, "Except we're not really sure what she was investigating, are we?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Warrior

The two cops sat outside the LA duplex waiting patiently. Both sipped coffee casually despite the situation they faced which was a known fugitive best described as an "Ogre" who had put a half dozen local cops in the ER when they attempted to apprehend him.

Now they waited for the help that had just gone in to bring the big man down so they could arrest him. there was a thunderous crash followed by the entire duplex shaking as if an earthquake had just struck followed by another crash where a human figure was flung with tremendous force through the wall to slam into the side of one of the police car

One of the cops tall and lean and younger then his shorter rounder older sergeant smiled smugly and held out his hand but the Sergeant shook his head gravely and pointed as the amazonian woman snarled a sulphuric curse and then hauled herself up and shot back into the house at tremendous speeds.

A few more crashes and the sound of breaking glass as well as bull roar and a few shouts and grunts proceeded another thunderous crash only this time the near eight foot of Ogre was flung violently through the air to land head first through earlier busted car where it twitched a few times groaned then lay still.

the Sergeant smiled happily at his subordinate and held out a hand which the grumbling younger officer placed a roll of 20s in which the older Officer counted briskly. As Cheyenne walked out of the hole shed made spitting a glob of blood out of her mouth and gingerly touching a black eye and a couple of ribs that were soar to the touch which caused her to wince and hiss in discomfort.

"Better have my cut Johns." she grumbled good naturedly at him

"You get the credit for the arrest and bounty return since he skipped bail." the older officer replied with grin as he offered her a shake of the hand which she returned. several officers were dragging the unconscious ogre out of the wreckage of the car and slapping oversized manacles on to him while reading the creature its rights

"thanks again Cheyenne, this guy put a lot of good people into the hospital in his little run. Be good for their families to know hes in jail."

"No probs, glad I could help. Bank accounts nice and happy now too so its a win win,"

"So back home then?"

"Yeah work to do, and all that." she smiled again which he returned easily "Take care of yourself Johns."

"You too."

She left the ogres hideaway and went to the station where she filled out the paperwork for the Bail release and contacted the local bail bondsman to let them know the target was in custody. She verified the payment was made and then after a shower and full meal, hopped a plane home.

All the while she felt like something was whispering in her ear. she ignored it and dropped off to sleep awakened when they landed and she departed the plane with her carry on. She found her motorcycle waiting for her and headed out just following her instincts stopping only long enough to drop her stuff off at home and feed her 2 cats.

then she kept tracking the vague feeling to where ever she needed to be
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne would find herself eventually drawn to a park locsted in downtown, the late hour and dreery westher cobditions keeping things sparse. Sparse, save for what seemed to be a small party of familiar faces taking place in a pavilion off to one side. She's late to hear most the mission specifics being given out by the elf Michael, but Copper is happy enough to fill her in on the details.

GM: There's a short summary of what y'all know a few posts up, sorry that we got such a head start on you.
For Felix, Michael was able to provide her last phone number. With some techno-wizardry(hah) and a decent tech check, you might be able to use that.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:04 pm "That's... almost nothing to work with. Short of trying to hack into their systems the only thing I could suggest is doing the same investigation she was doing and hoping they try to come after us too," Felix shakes his head, "Except we're not really sure what she was investigating, are we?"
Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny watched Eric and Felix 'converse' with a wry smile, and rolled her eyes not quite hard enough to injure herself- but she didn't say anything. Listening to the assessment Felix gave, she nodded. "Yeah, that isn't much to work with... But, well, we aren't a bunch of hopeless amateurs either. Is there anything you can do to narrow our field a little, maybe with that phone number or some other techno-magic?" She asked Felix.

"Or anything else anybody has that we can put in motion right now? I can start looking, but it might take a while unless we can narrow things down, location-wise. It isn't much better than wandering around the city shouting out her name... If we can tighten our search area, that would help a lot- I mean, we could go look at this 'Teran United' place, but just starting off there seems way to close to wandering into a dark cave when you're looking for a bear..."

Her voice trailed off and she cocked her head as if listening to something- then she turned to look across the park, to where another familiar face was arriving. "Oh look, Cheyenne is here. Maybe she'll have some ideas we can throw into our mix..."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"You know, I could stand to have a few minutes at her place. Long shot, I know, but maybe I could track her last steps. Worth a shot, maybe?" Eric shrugged. "At the very least, we should start at her place."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"That could work, but its probably under surveillance." He says, "Although I can phone it in to advise I am coming by."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Hard to say, this isn't what I normally do," Felix admits, "I'm Mr Fix it, not Mr Find it."

He shrugs, "I'll see what I can do. But with only a phone number? I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey smiled as the energetic dragon plopped down on his rather broad back to show his belly for some scratches as copper talked merrily about what he has been up to lately. She couldnt help the slow warm chuckle that bubbled up as she obliged him listening carefully to what the others were talking about.

missing needed finding maybe trouble.

All sounded like magic words to her and right up her alley.

She walked over to the others noticing with a frown Felix's missing arm. Shed stopped by and had lunch with the inventor before her trip to LA. they hadnt talked about the arm much but hed let her know it wasnt her fault. the guilt though didnt quite let go with that, and she still wondered if hed have two arms if shed been faster and fought harder. Still that was past and if shed learned anything you didnt dwell overlong in the past or you ended up going backwards.

"So her place then?" she said as she stepped up and gave Felix a smile and a playful bump in the ribs with her elbow. "what are we waiting for?'
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric rested a hand on Felix's shoulder. "Just do your best, Felix. That's all any of us can do. That's why we have to work as a team" Eric looked around at everybody. "That goes for everybody. Some of our abilities overlap, most don't. But together, we can accomplish far more than any one of us alone. So, let's do it."

Eric then took a breath. "I'm all for her place as a starting point. My question is, do I show up like this," he waves his paws over himself, "Or, in my human form. Either way, I have my senses. so, either way works for me. But what do you guys think?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"I would suggest humanoid. I can get us clearance to go in, but there are likely to still be those watching the scene and you will most assuredly draw the wrong attention from them at that size."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Well, that's one vote for me to shift down. Anyone else care to chime in?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny gave a soft laugh and shook her head gently. "Maybe if we can get you a giant-sized box of Frosted Flakes..." After a moment's pause she went on "No, best to try to NOT make a huge scene- at least not yet. So, road trip?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Question is what is more important? Hiding your identity, or blending in? Because you stick out like a giant weretiger, but nobody'll track that back to your day job," Felix shrugs.

"Anybody need a lift?" He asks as he activates his HUD, activates the remote control and drives the Herkimer Battle Jitney over to a stop at the nearby curb.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric strode towards the jitney and climbed in. Once inside, he shifted to human form and took a seat, fuming silently. Of course he didn't want to go shifting in public! For one thing, it was just take one nosy reporter to link him to the murder of that asshole a year ago, the one who'd killed his wife and child, and wind up with him in jail awaiting trial for murder. And even if that never happened, he still might find it hard to get clients, as they'd find it hard to trust a weretiger with looking for their lost child or gathering info on a cheating spouse. No, best to keep the weretiger separate from the man for the time being... He would have to share his secret sooner or later, but not yet. Not yet...
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no