[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The address leads to what seems to have been an older apartment or office building, composed of red brick and mortar. The architecture may've once been considered beautiful and eye-catching in it's time, yet now it exists as an ugly decaying husk of it's former self. It may have just been a year since the Inheritence, but already this century old structure is soaked to the core in the foul stench of darker magics.

At a glance it seems truly abandoned save for by the homeless. Even the tagged Mazerunner graffiti on the door had been painted over by newer street-art. A young man with pale skin and sunken eyes startles up from his sitting position as first Cheyenne, then a dragon appear before him.

"Ah man oh man! It's the demons again , I'm seeing demons again- I gotta get outta here!" He panics, before taking out a familiar looking inhaler and huffing it. In a flash of magic, the young man vanishes.

Aside from him the street seems to be empty, though a few cars are parked at a few spots along the road. Felix has little trouble finding an adequate space for his own.

From atop her rooftop perch, Delancey can sense similar bursts of magic inside.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix brings the Mongrel to a slow stop.

Most people would have been worried about parking their vehicle in a bad neighborhood. Most people didn't build their vehicle from random cars kludge-worked together and built into an old Grumman Kurbmaster Van.

He sighed looking at the old rust-bucket. Someday it was going to be a cool looking super car and hot chicks would be dying to ride with him. In the meantime, at least it was big enough for the pretty spider-chick to ride in the back of.

He was still trying to come to terms with the pretty girl toros with terrifying spider under-body, but he thought he was doing a good job of not spending too much time trying to figure out how that worked.

Magic, he reminded himself. It was magic.

Possibly a wizard did it.

Opening up the back door he looks around, "We're here. Welcome to skid row."
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey

Alighting on the roof, Delancey can feel the magic beneath her, somewhat similar to that in the warehouse, generating a phantom scent of camphor in her mind. Echo told them it was an addictive magic, destroying a human slowly from the inside. She should simply cleanse any inhalers she encounters for the greater good. Her path is clear to her.

She drifts slowly down the side of the building, looking for places where the camphor-magic feels strongest, hoping for an open window but considering making a hole as a possibility.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Getting there must have been quite the spectacle. Cheyenne on her motorcycle and a Copper dragon flying and keeping pace beside her at about shoulder level...

Copper finished the steak, perhaps with a little more finesse than one might have expected. Not quite using his hands finesse, but that would be about all that he could do to have any more dignity while he ate...

As the other arrive, he takes up position next to Cheyenne. While they discuss options, he remains silent - they didn't realize, but he hadn't quite mastered the "art" of barking at different volumes and most of the sounds his new form could make sounded far too aggressive to convey his meaning, at least for now. He'd figure out how to communicate later - he's mastered it with his family, these new two-legs were just new friends to learn to talk to.

So instead of barking, he rubs his head against Cheyenne's leg, and if she looks down he cranes his neck "up," making a circular motion with his head and gently flaps his wings
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---
Arkrite wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:06 am Opening up the back door he looks around, "We're here. Welcome to skid row."
"Thanks." Melanie replies as she walks (or perhaps it would be more apt to say 'crawl') out of the van, while gesturing to a big ball of spider silk in her hand. "As I said, I got your ball of, uh, 'yarn' just in case we need it."

She then looks at the large decrepit building. "So, uh, what do we do now?"

The drider then looks nervously at Felix and asks, "Do we just, like, go inside and take a look or what?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

For Delancey, finding a fully open window in a mess of shattered ones is child's play. On the fourth and last floor an open window leads into what was certainly once a quaint little apartment, now devoid of any furnishings at all. There are no dirrect sources of magic within the room, but she can sense the presence of them more down stairs then up.

The rest of group can easily spot her tell-tale glow as she readies to slip in.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari stretched her arms out from the van and up to the roof, pulling the rest of herself suit in a fluid motion, then standing to use the vehicles height for at least some vantage on the building to see what she sees.

"We'll want to be careful. Places like this often have traps rigged to prevent people stumbling into the operations. There may not be any, but better to assume there are. Being ready for the possibility could save your life." Looking up and spotting Delancey's glow as she prepares to ingress, Velari looks down and couches from the roof of the vehicle. Incidentally, Velari's entering the vehicle had caused it to sink on its suspension a bit due to her weight.

"It looks like one of our allies is planning to go in by herself from above. They probably won't suspect that. We could try that as well." she gestures between herself and Mel. "While Fix-it, Cheye and our dragon come in from the ground."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Imposing

Cheye watched Delaney float around the building. Not afraid to just go that one She thought admirably, Still a certain amount of caution was called for, She waited as the others arrived before she and copper joined them. the dragon was very expressive and she smiled when he nudged her leg.
"It looks like one of our allies is planning to go in by herself from above. They probably won't suspect that. We could try that as well." she gestures between herself and Mel. "While Fix-it, Cheye and our dragon come in from the ground."
"Not just yet, we have no legal reason to be there." she pointed out evenly "Fur starts flying and the Cops just come and scoop us all up, best to wait a moment. Study our target and look for an opportunity."

She spoke in a tone of voice that was as casual as if she were discussing buying groceries, not planning an assault on a fortified drug den.

At Coppers urging she chuckled easily and nodded her head to the sky "Go on boy get a little air I think you'll know when its time to come in and get loud."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

Velari nodded and pondered. "A reason like we thought was saw someone breaking in from the upper levels?" she nodded her head in the direction of Delancey. It might be a weak reason, but if they pulled this off, it wasn't untrue and would pan out well enough she thought. If they did a good job that was.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"

Copper bounds off, away from the building and back the way they came, leaping into the air as he goes and making a wide circle as he starts to survey the lay of the land from above, noting exits at ground level and looking for any signs of activity on the various floors.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Loneclaw wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm"Thanks." Melanie replies as she walks (or perhaps it would be more apt to say 'crawl') out of the van, while gesturing to a big ball of spider silk in her hand. "As I said, I got your ball of, uh, 'yarn' just in case we need it."
"Sweet," He says taking the ball and stuffing it in a pocket.

If he was lucky there'd be no reason to use it, which would mean he'd get to look into the armor properties of supersized spider silk armor. His Friday night was looking up already.

Felix nods as the people around him talk then takes his first real look at the building and cringes backwards, holding his staff up in front of him, "Holy hell, what the crap are they doing in there?"

The place just radiated evil magic.
catsi563 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:15 pm "Not just yet, we have no legal reason to be there." she pointed out evenly "Fur starts flying and the Cops just come and scoop us all up, best to wait a moment. Study our target and look for an opportunity."
"Normally I'd agree with you, but this is a run down old building in the bad part of town being squatted in by a gang selling illegal magic narcotics," He continues to give the building a look like it's made of raw sewage, "I don't think they'll be calling the cops on us. Probably just shooting us repeatedly with illegally procured guns and drug induced magical powers."

"I'm thinking we should probably just go on in,"
He watches the glowing girl entering the building, "I'm betting they're going to know we're here pretty soon."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
HP: 2

Copper returns to the group, landing next to Cheyenne - hey, girl got him steak - he twists his neck to perch his head at a quizzical angle and nods emphatically towards the building. And while comical, there's definitely something that he's trying to convey...

He stands on his hind legs - requiring his tail to balance perhaps - and leans on Cheyenne's leg casually. He nods towards the building again, then he walks a few steps as if not really interested in anything. Nodding a third time, he circles a little before curling up as if to nap. Shaking his head back and forth in a "no" motion, he growls and tenses up in a defensive/ offensive stance before relaxing again and nodding "yes" before repeating his circle and lying down action.

He snaps up, and looks at the group expectantly with a "did you understand that?" look on his face.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey

Delancey drifts in through the broken window, the empty room lit only by the daylight coming in behind her. She turns on her glow to chase the shadows out of the corners of the room, but nothing seems to be here, or have been here for a while. A light layer of dust covers the floor, and not the magical kind they'd seen at the warehouse. This room had been abandoned and forgotten, obviously. No new tracks in the dust, no heat signs save for the sunbeams tracking across the floor.

On impulse she turned back to the window and waved at the group. She occasionally saw children when she was flying and they would wave at her, and she'd gotten into the habit of waving back. A simple ritual, but somehow more satisfying than one would expect. It was children like that she felt compelled to protect, although she had once flown up to one and it had started crying, so she left at speed.

This group wouldn't respond like that. This collection of Echo's that she was a part of, they were all touched by the Inheritance and found a way to deal with the consequences. And they'd all been chosen to stop this pocket of evil. Maybe she didn't need to do this alone.

She took one last circuit around the apartment, not even touching the floor, checking the door and the other rooms to be sure there was nothing here, and flew back out and down to the group near Felix's truck.

"I found an empty apartment. I don't think they even remember it's there, let alone use it. I was going to go in and start cleaning out the magic." She paused awkwardly, unsure how to phrase it.

"Anyone want to come with?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: ready to go
"Normally I'd agree with you, but this is a run down old building in the bad part of town being squatted in by a gang selling illegal magic narcotics," He continues to give the building a look like it's made of raw sewage, "I don't think they'll be calling the cops on us. Probably just shooting us repeatedly with illegally procured guns and drug induced magical powers."

"I'm thinking we should probably just go on in," He watches the glowing girl entering the building, "I'm betting they're going to know we're here pretty soon."
"They might not but once the action starts the Cops wont be that far behind even in this neighborhood." she explained evenly "Rather make sure we have a good excuse in hand."

As she said this Copper landed and started gesturing to the building she patiently tried to get the message from the little drake, she figured he was just rearing to go. that's when Delancey landed near them.
"I found an empty apartment. I don't think they even remember it's there, let alone use it. I was going to go in and start cleaning out the magic." She paused awkwardly, unsure how to phrase it.

"Anyone want to come with?"
"Wait do you guys hear a cry for help coming from that dilapidated building over there? I swear I hear one." she said suddenly then began marching with a purpose towards the door not waiting to see if the group had heard the call for help that could have been in her imagination, never know till you check though.

As she walked up to the front door she raised a hand to knock then punched the door clean off its hinges before poking her head in as she called out. "Does anyone need any help in here?"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa

Valeri watches the dragon's charades but shakes her head. "I get he's probably trying to tell us something, but I don't really get it..."
"Wait do you guys hear a cry for help coming from that dilapidated building over there? I swear I hear one."
Velari just rolls her eyes and leads inside, keeping low to the ground and utilizing the properties of her body to slide along.