[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The door tears off the hinge without any issues, slamming to the ground further into what seems to be a small hallway. An older man covered in dirt and grime scrambles backwards from his blankets. "Jesus christ...! I think you're the one that needs help lady!"

Besides him, Cheyenne can spot a few doors along the hallway, a few of them are open. At the end of it is an old cage elevator surounded by a stairwell that goes further up. A door next to them likely leads into the basement levels.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Valeri glides in along the ground before forming fluidly to an upright position beside Cheye, looking at the possibly homeless man. "A lookout maybe? Well, you knocked pretty hard, so everyone probably already knows we're here regardless of any lookout posted at the entrance."

Moving closer, Velari couches to bring herself down to the man's cowaring level, but stays out of arms reach. His arm's reach anyway. Velari's arm reached much, MUCH further. "Do you know anything about other people who use this building? That come and go from here that don't necessarily look like your typical vagrant or squatter?" she left the question ambiguous so he could answer without directly associating himself with the Mazerunners if he did know anything. Might mean letting him get away, but if they caught the rest, this guy wasn't much on his own.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
---
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 pm "It looks like one of our allies is planning to go in by herself from above. They probably won't suspect that. We could try that as well." she gestures between herself and Mel. "While Fix-it, Cheye and our dragon come in from the ground."
Melanie grins at Velari and nods in response.

As the others discuss how to best go about entering the building, she just hangs back.
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:31 am Valeri watches the dragon's charades but shakes her head. "I get he's probably trying to tell us something, but I don't really get it..."
"I don't get it either." The drider confirms, stroking her chin as she looks at the dragon. "Sorry, buddy."

After watching Cheyenne punch off the door, she couldn't help but say, "Well, I feel a lot safer now knowing you have my back.~"

Having been distracted enough to completely forget about Vel's plan, Melanie just follows the others inside, then watches as the slime woman talks to the homeless man.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He looks first at the Brutish Amazon, then the viscous slime woman, and breathes in sharply when he sees the half-spider. "L-look I don't know anything alright? I just came here to get out of the rain! Even if those kids were causing trouble again I swear I had nothing to do with those damn junkies, alright?"
------------
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie leans forward a little, resting her elbows on her front-most spider legs. "What can you tell us about these kids?"

She then pulls out a fifty dollar bill out of her wallet. "Just tell us what you know and you can have this."

---
OOC;
Persuasion check: 1d20+8 9
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man looks at the bill, brow furrowed. "I'm not just about to sell some kids out to a gang of monsters, even if they're... You really think that low of us? Just, I'm sure whatever they did to you guys isn't worth the trouble of all this. I don't wanna see anyone getting hurt."
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Copper hmphs, and then follows the others. Can a dragon look indignant?
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu May 09, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
catsi563 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:25 am Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: ready to go

"Wait do you guys hear a cry for help coming from that dilapidated building over there? I swear I hear one." she said suddenly then began marching with a purpose towards the door not waiting to see if the group had heard the call for help that could have been in her imagination, never know till you check though.

As she walked up to the front door she raised a hand to knock then punched the door clean off its hinges before poking her head in as she called out. "Does anyone need any help in here?"
Delancey flew back up to the apartment. With Cheyenne and the rest coming in the front door like that, it was likely there would be less attention to the upstairs. She floated right to the apartment door, pulled the hoodie up to keep her whiteness covered, and listened at the door for any activity on the other side before opening it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Valeri shakes her head lightly. The monster jab hurt a little, but she could at least understand it. They did cut a.. unique image...amd she was getting used to being looked at odd. "We don't want to hurt anyone, but these people may be hurting others and we're here to investigate that. We're the ones investigating because if they try to hurt us, we can protect ourselves."
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie is somewhat flustered by the man's response, and more than a little hurt. What did this guy think they were going to do? Eat them!?

Once Vel gets her word in, the drider says, "Exactly! What she said."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man frowns as he considers her words. "You think they're...? Damn, I knew that stuff was no good, to think that they might be..."

He shakes his head at the thought. "L-look I don't know what I can do to help you, just... Make sure those kids get some help alright? I'll stay outta your way if you can promise me that."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix just facepalms as the woman kicks the door off the hinges, then walks in yelling about somebody needing help.

"It's the Scott Brown Incident all over again," He mutters to himself.

Slapping his right fist to his left breast and says, "Power On."

His trench coat lights up with green neon LED lighting, with a power symbol over his left chest and arcane symbols lit up all over the coat. The force field was pretty hard to hide, but at this point subtly went out the window he noted as he followed the others into the building.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:50 pm He shakes his head at the thought. "L-look I don't know what I can do to help you, just... Make sure those kids get some help alright? I'll stay outta your way if you can promise me that."
"Look, we're not here to kill or hurt anyone, we're just here to shut down the drugs the Mazerunners are selling. That crap is going to kill a lot of people," Felix shrugs, "Beyond that we're just as happy if everybody leaves all peaceful like."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Beyond being alert, for the moment Copper does what a dog does best... stands watch as the others enter the apartment.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Allow me to be the first one out of here, then..." The vagrant says, before trying to make his way through the crowded entryway and out.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Imposing

Cheyenne having never been a people person let the others talk, and decided to back their play by standing near Copper, keeping an eye out and looking intimidating.

As the vagrant makes his way out Cheyenne lifts her voice to him "Hey buddy. Stop by Clancies Bar over by the waterfront, tell the guys Cheyenne sent you, theyll hook you up with some food ok."

Shed seen enough hard luck cases least she could do was try to help one out here and there.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories