[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Copper looks up rather happily, with that look only a happy dog can give its owner... is his tail wagging? Better hope he learns to control that before he gets bigger !!

He will walk forward with the others...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There seem to be four rooms attached to the hallway, seen now once people start moving in. It's difficult to maneuver within the cluttered corridor, yet for the moment you feel no need to rush anyway. If everything was cleared out, it'd likely be easy for three people walk comfortably side by side. Two doors are on the left hand side, iron with simple doorknobs and no locks. On the right there's a set of double doors with reinforced windows revealing mostly empty metal racks beyond. There are handles on this one, as well as a key lock. At the very end of the hallway is a door that resembles the first two, also no lock.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix makes his way to the first door on the left and tries the doorknob.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It opens easy enough, though it bumps into something before he can get it open all the way. With a little more force provided by having his mechanical arms aid him, Felix manages to push the door open and shove the object aside. From just the hallway's lighting alone he can make out an overturned cofeetable, leather couches against the wall, as well as a large flatscren TV that now lay on the floor utterly ruined. He finds the switch to further illuminate the scene without trouble.

Further inside he can see part of a wall has been blasted away by something, and there are dark stains in various places of the floor. Off to the side, tucked away in a corner, is a black felt fedora. It's obvious at a glance that a fight must've happened here, but who was involved and who might've won is difficult to tell without a loser look.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Letting out a low whistle as the lights come up, he looks around at the wreckage.

Bending down he picks up the fedora with one of his mechanical arms, examining it as he turned back to the others..

"Well, I think I know why nobody has seen the Maze Runners in a while, it looks like one hell of a fight happened-" Felix trails off looking at the dark spots on the floor, then the damage on the walls, "Wait, where are the bodies?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari uses her malleability and stretchiness to flow into the room around Felix as he worked to shoulder it open enough for everyone else, sticking herself to the wall beside the door as she surveyed the room while the others got in and examined the scene themselves.
wrote: "Wait, where are the bodies?"
Now that he mentioned it... "You don't think maybe one of them had a bad hit on some of those drugs and went berserk or something? Could be whatever kind of magic he developed...like, up there, one had lightning, another had a sonic shout thing. Maybe this one atomized people...? Or..." she lets that hang...there were possibilities too gruesome to put to words, but even at that, the place seemed to clean, relatively speaking, for some like what she was considering. Or was it? She was not a forensics expert after all.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Oh it's possible but, the entire gang goes missing and a bunch of transients move into their headquarters?" Felix shrugs, "I'm making a few big assumptions here, but something happened to make them disappear."

He points at the floor, "And that looks like a lot of what might be blood."

He looks at the mini dragon, "What do you think? Blood?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"

At first with a look that on a "more sentient" being might have been "do I look like a vampire or something?" Copper obliging puts his nose to work.

Perception: 1d20+7 10
Investigation: 1d20+6 26
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

At first glance, Copper doesn't notice anything overt about the room aside from what was obvious. The more he pokes his nose around, circling the blood stains, prodding the furniture, and even closely examining the holes in the wall the more a picture starts to form inside his hybrid reptilian-canine mind.

From the positioning of the splatter compared to the way the furniture fell, it's apparent that the destruction happened after. Things had been thrown with force, and there are markings on a table which suggests large fingers with a powerful grip. Someone big was very upset about something. When he approaches the stains on the floor again, he's able to make out spots chunks of something that was missed whenever the body was removed. Fragments of bone, his doggy heritage sings. There are more splatters on the wall near the hole, and with a closer look he notices that it's actually a multiude of them closely bunched together. A blast from a shotgun. The fedora that Felix had also has holes, and fragments of bone and stains of blood.

A fight didn't go down here. It was an execution.

Somewhere among the toppled furniture, Copper uncovers a pair of casings and what seems to have be a torn note with writing on it and a lipstick print.

Had plenty of fun, you stud! Call me again sometime.

At the top of the page is a neatly typed name, 'The Wolfram's Harth, Bar and Grill'
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"

"Braaack ! Copper calls as he stands over the note - the writing meant little to him if anything, but he'd watched enough dramas to recognize spent casings. He'll do his best to not disturb them as he tries to draw attention to them...

He thinks hard on how to try and convey his thoughts. His last attempt to explain that he only saw people relaxing and didn't think were a real threat had gone disastrously... Realization hits him.

As soon as he has everyone's attention, he runs over to a wall and climbs up before swooping down as if to attack someone. Landing on the ground, he comes to a complete stop, looking around to see if the group understood that he was referring to the attack. He then mimes as if was cowering, not fighting back...

Sitting back expectantly, he hopes that he managed to convey this time that whoever was here never really stood a chance at fighting back, they'd been taken out.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Uhhh," Felix watches the little dragon run around, then looks to the others to see if they understood what that all meant.

Still the hole in the fedora, and the casings showed that some violence did happen. The note was probably unrelated... or they were dealing with a really weird assassin.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey spent most of the time in the room looking around for clues. But she was particularly interested in the way Copper was hunting about. finally despite a bit of rustiness on the part of her own hunting skills the dragonling helped her piece some of the puzzle together.

"Bit of a scuffle it looks like." she said pointing to the blood stains. She watched Coppers antics and nodded, "Least thats what he seems to think."

"Either way someone didnt walk away from this alive." she points to where Copper was rooting around on the floor to the bone fragments. then studied the blood on the wall, close range blast from a 12 gauge would do that much damage. then the Dragon called out and she knelt down and studied the note and more importantly the address.

"I know this place. never worked there but you learn about the competition." she sniffed before turning to Copper where she smiled and acknowledged the dragons senses with a pat on the head and a small bit of the steak she had left over.

"Good boy." then she stood up and handed the note to Fixit to study. "it's as good a place to start as any."
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---
Melanie was more than a little annoyed at being ignored. Then again, maybe the "yarn" wasn't needed?

She follows close behind the others, worrying about what they might encounter down here.

The drider's stomach is in knots as she looks at the scene in the first room.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the team is observing the crime scene and coming to their conclusions, you each feel a wave of goosebumps crawl across your skin, or a full body shudder in Velari's case. Felix and Delancey in particular recognize it as a pulse of magic, from somewhere nearby in the underground facility. They aren't able to fully analyse the burst yet they understand it certainly didn't feel very pleasant.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yeah, and this is only the first room," Felix straightens up and folds his mechanical arms back into his coat, "We should check out the nex-yow!"

Felix sping around trying to find the source of the magical pulse, "Oh that's not good. There's something down here that's still putting out magic."

"We better get moving," He says heading back into the hall.

There was one more door on the left and one at the end of the hall that didn't have a key. He was willing to bet good money that the door with the lock on it was the one they wanted, but moved onto the second door on the left first. It'd be pretty quick to check either way.