[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The teenager at the door blinks, "Uh, what? We usually start deep cleaning once all the previous tenant's stuff is moved out, so... Maybe Dr. Jackson was a clean freak or something?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"Yeah, this is way more than a cleanup. If they wiped it clean it'd be noticeable, but they left everything except what lead back to them," Felix shakes his head, "I mean, they left his search history in place..."

He raised his eyebrows at the listing for Busty Asian Beauties and Big Booty Porte Rican Goddess. Not the worse stuff he'd seen on somebody's computer.

"They missed an e-mail though," He waves the others over to take a look at it.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Eric looked over Felix's shoulder with interest, digesting the email's contents quickly. It didn't surprise him that the professor had been under some sort of non disclosure agreementj, especially once he saw the sender's email address. teranunited.com, not exactly a collegiate email address. "Hmm... I believe what we have here qualifies as a 'smoking gun'."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix nods, "Yup. If that's not a smoking gun, it's a big ass blinking neon sign saying 'over here'."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey stood there a moment eyeing the fleeing man before giving a somewhat unlady like snort of disdain as Jenny caught up.
At this point, I'm almost willing to let him go, rather than chase him out in public. But I know if we let him get away now, he is going to come back when we can least afford to deal with him- he's got some kind of spell on him, but I didn't have time to really pick it apart."
she stretched a moment fingered her no longer bleeding cheek a little it was tender but the scratch would be gone in moments
Pretty glad you came along, That could have been really bad if I was by myself- I mean maybe bad as in I'm in trouble or maybe bad as in he gets turned into a newt and then set on fire, but still... Bad."
She smiled " No problems. he smelled like trouble."
Do you want to keep chasing him, or try to link up with the others? Or maybe go try to find the guy this jerk was supposedly looking for, see if he is okay?"
Cheys smile became almost predatory as she touched her nose "no need to chase him. Ive got his scent."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-Cheyenne and Jenny-

Perception for Cheyenne: 24

While the young medium isn't even tall enough to catch a glimpse of it, Cheynne could see a flash of a tattoo on the back of the man's neck. It seemed to have been an Arabic word, though she couldn't understand what it meant. Instinctively however she could tell it was some form of spell-tattoo, and likely the source of what Jenny discovered. Whenever she next had the chance too, she'd be able to at least write it down for the girl to translate.

For now, the man vanishes into the swarming crowd just outside. With the tell-tale whine of sirens, you both recognize it's about time to get out of there before someone tries to bring you in for questioning. Cheynne's motorcycle would seem unharmed in the brief scuffle from where you were standing.

GM: There's someone out there that wants you, Jenny... Take an HP for this looming threat.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Well, Felix, good job finding that, but unless there's anything else, I think we're done here. Besides, we have a convention to check out. Hey, Michael, ya got anything?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny gave one last lingering look in the direction that the man had fled, but the sound of approaching sirens intruded upon her attention. She truned to Cheyenne. "I think we're done, if only for Now. Let's go cause some trouble at someone's convention..."

>OOC: Sorry for delay, ready to move on
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix and Eric notice Mikjal seems distracted with something while they were investigating the laptop. He frowns, glancing at their tag-along, before joining you back at the screen. The elf seems very interested in what's on the screen certainly, yet he mentions under his breath that he thinks he's found something hidden. Evidently though, he doesn't want to go poking around for it with a civilian still here.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Under his breath, Eric says, "Well, go get it. I'll try to distract him." With that, Eric walks towards the clerk, careful to keep his body between him and his fellow investigators. "So, what else can you tell us about the good professor? What did he like to eat? Did he order out a lot, or did he cook for himself? Was he a big fan of Star Trek? Really, anything you can share would be helpful." Eric is in full investigator mode now, seeking to find out every big of minutiae about the researcher the clerk may know. If he can keep the kid's attention away from Michael in the meantime, so much the better...

Persuasion - Tell me more
Results 1d20+8: 19 [1d20=11]
Roll
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Initially the kid seemed very interested in what Felix was doing with the laptop, and was on the verge of giving in by hovering nearby. Eric interecepts him however, drawing their attention by asking more inane questions about the late professor.

Mikjal takes that as his cue to make his own casual move towards the loose floorboard, quickly prying it open and snatching the contents inside- a small shoebox that had a fair amount of weight to it. He quietly suggests that what's inside should be better explored once you're free of the building while slipping it off to Felix.
Dice
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix gives Michael a "really?" look as he's forced to carry the box in his only free hand. As he had only one.

Which was going to make hiding it as he left very difficult, especially as he hadn't brought a jacket or bag with him. There was really only one thing he could do to distract away from the fact he was walking out with something. That was to draw attention to his missing arm in the hopes that the guy would be embarrassed at looking and attempt to look elsewhere.

Make sure to keep the man on his left, so Felix's body was between him and the box, he waved with the stump of his left arm back at the room, "Make sure nobody takes the laptop unless they have a warrant. We'll have to send the CSI boys for it."

With that he makes his way back towards the entrance.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Toss me Deception, with a small circumstance bonus from Eric's distraction.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Drawing forth the skills of a man who rarely managed to pull one over on his friends, much less his parents, Felix manages to look remarkably natural.
OOC: Deception check on front desk guy: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
Not sure what the circumstance bonus should be, but either way that's a pretty good roll.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

...And then he- Oh! Uh, alright." He breaks off, in the middle of telling Eric a fascinating story about some of the most mundane of details he knew regarding the Dr. Jackson. "All done then? Okay, you guys can go ahead and see yourselves out then while I lock things up. Hope you catch whoever did this..."
Dice
Insight: 4
------------