[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny still hung back, her natural tendency to observe still mostly in control despite the danger and the chaos that filled the room. Her gaze lingered longest on Boss Longhorn- here was the architect of so much misery, the master of so much mayhem, in front of them at last...

Within her head, a voice boomed "Unleash me! Unleash me and I will Destroy Him!" but Jenny only shook her head. Releasing the efreet, into such chaos, would only make things worse.

Her fingers twitched, trailing fire- she wanted to help, but now was not the time to draw attention her way. She could wait, until the time was right...

>OOC: Again using Aid, this time for an attack, assisting Cheyenne. 1d20+9= 10; roll https://orokos.com/roll/819902

-So that is a natural 1. Strictly speaking, a success and enough for a +2 Aid bonus. But if a natural 1 is an auto-fail, especially a critical, then obviously her fire hits something it shouldn't (important, or explosively flammable)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Copper flies closer to the group of Mazerunners ravaged by Felix's attack, taking a deep breath and unleashing a cone of acidic gas. Two of them, a dwarf and a human weidlign a heavy pistol, clearly sieze up due to the attack. While the one lone bat-wielding human rushes over and takes a heavy swing at Felix, the dwarf can only manage to stumble a few feet forward before gasping for breath.

Longhorn twists his neck, popping it's joints, and steps back a half foot. He shows off how unaffected by Copper's attack he really is by taking a sudden rushing charge that bulls right through first Eric, then Velari, and then ending with him ramming his horns into Felix. Velari struggles to regain composition, a large chunk of her being torn loose during the attack.

Everyone notices that Longorn seems to struggle to regain his balance after such a rampage, one hand on the ground to keep from tilting forward. He snorts, and turns his head just enough to show Felix the deadly gleam of his eye.

There are no rules for natural ones being automatically fails, and a DC of ten is all that's really needed for an assist.

Copper's Cone of Slow: DC 15 area Dodge, DC 15/12 Fortitude
Dodge[Dwarf, GG1, GG2, Longhorn]: 8, 20, 7, 9
Fortitude[Dwarf, GG1, GG2, Longhorn]: 8, 18, 9, 24 [/url] [-5 Movement, no effect, -5 movement, no effect]

Attack(Metal Bat): 24 [hit] DC 20 [Felix]

Longhorn's Charge!: [Eric, Velari, Felix] Vs. DC 17 dodge (DC 22 or 18 toughness)

Velari's Dodge: 21 [Pass]
Velari's Toughness: 14 [failure, 1st degree]

[GM] Boss Longhorn (-2)
[Players]Cheynne (+2 Attack assist from Jenny)
[GM] Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 3 {1 with 3 ft. movement}), Velari (-2, Regens in 1 round)
[Players] Copper, Jenny, Felix, Eric
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 1 (3 ft. Move)), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 1)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

From the outside Felix looked almost serene as he stands in place after firing, wisps of smoke rising out of his coat.

Internally he was in the middle of a minor panic attack as he frantically tried to redirect power to the internal systems that were threatening to overheat, melt or otherwise burst in to flames while other sections were threatening to shut down from low power. His vision was almost completely obscured by red lights, blinking alerts, and information streams flying by at high speeds.

But there wasn't even time to take a deep breath before another two alerts popped up. Impact imminent.

He didn't have the time, or the skill to avoid both of them. With a grimace he redirected his shields and felt the baseball bat impact his armored jacket and his ribs.

But he forced himself to ignore it as Longhorn barreled in. With a twist he spun out of the way at the last moment, forcing all of the available forcefield energy to deflect the bull's horns from his body.

With one arm held against his ribs, his other arm holding his staff out to the side at full extension, his coat swirling, he looked down at the hateful glare of the minotaur.

And something in him gave. Flashbacks to the big jackasses who looked down on him, beat him up, and treated him like crap. In spite of the terror, he suddenly felt angry and he felt his mouth moving of it's own volition.

Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, repeated in his head as his heart hammered in his ears.

With a sneer Felix looked down at Longhorn and said one word.

"Olé"

I'm so dead.
OOC:
Toughness Save vs DC20: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
Dodge vs DC17: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
Toughness vs DC18: 1D20+8 = [17]+8-1 = 24

Failed the first toughness save by one degree, passed the dodge save and toughness vs Longhorn's attack.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter (healthy fatigued)

the machine gun fire again missed her for the most part and the few rounds that did connect barely scratched her and healed instantly. Seeing Longhorn try to gore Felix though brought a snarl to her lips as she roared "HEY!! Horns off the Mage!!"

She then lept up and did a Superman punch driving her fist down on the side of Longhorns skull with as much impact as she could muster. But she wasnt done She followed it up with a headbutt that was probably not a good idea on the thick skulled minotaur but it let her get in close so she could drive a wicked uppercut right under Longhorns chin.

Cheyennes toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
nope

Chey will power attack for max and use the all out attack maneuver for +2/-2 _: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22 +2 from Jenny for a 24 hmm not bad presuming that hits thats a DC30

Shell surge for another same numbers

surge attack _: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
+2 is a 17 pretty sure thats a miss meh crap Blow a hero point for reroll

Reroll Surge attack _: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
26 with jennys aid AND BOOM there it is thats a Crit for a DC 35 on longhorn

Shell be fatigued next turn
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

His eyes are already filling with pure rage at Felix's comment, that it completely distracts him from a similar charge impacting via a woman who's muscles ebbed and throbbed with raw arcane might. He almost falls to his knees from the initial punch, and the following headbutt definitely makes him gasp outward in pain, bloody spittle flying forth from his mouth.

The Mazerunners with the highest calibers left completely ignore the earlier call to only focus on Felix and instead desperately try to take down the absolute combat monster that was Cheyenne, yet fear grips their thoghts and not a single one of their shots hits their mark. Likewise a skinny boy almost get's a shot in on Felix, yet the slug bounces of the technomancer's deflector shield.

Velari tries to capitalize on the panic gripping your remaining foes, yet she looses her battle focus after only hitting a single one. The man she did hit, previously slowed by Copper, is unable to do a thing to avoid her strike and lands smack on the pavement.

GM: Sweet Jesus.

Toughness: 13
-GM Reroll (Take a hero point back Catsi): 12+10 1st degree failure (-1)
Toughness: 26 Despite absolutely nailing this second save, this is still 2nd degree failure (-1, Dazed)

Heavy Pistols: 8 [Cheyenne] , 12 [Cheyenne]
Light Pistol: 15 [Felix]

Velari's Power Attack Takedowns: 16 [hit], 13 [miss], [Other attacks are voided]

Toughness: 7

[GM] Boss Longhorn (-4, Dazed)
[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 2), Velari (-1, Regens in 1 round)
[Players] Copper, Jenny, Felix, Eric
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 1 (3 ft. Move)), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 1)
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny chuckled softly at Felix's show of bravado- maybe there was hope for him yet. Once again fire lashed around her fingers, flickering around Longhorn, distracting him from the larger threat.

>OOC:

Aid attack for Eric 1d20+9= 26; roll https://orokos.com/roll/820627 With the +5 for Teamwork that is a 31, which should be good enough to give him a +5. Go go mighty tiger-man!
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

With a wince Felix spun the staff in a fashion resembling a martial arts master, to bring it into line with both hands and levels the crystal at Longhorn letting lose another blast of pure techno-magic energy at close range. The entire time he moved back and away trying to open up some space between him, the baseball bat wielding nut, and the homicidal cow.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With acute deftness Felix himself may not gave fully realized he had, the mage spins around with his staff in a bursting flourish of light. The beam of light lands solidly upon his back, making him roar out in pain!

GM:
Toughness: 15 second degree failure, Another -1

[GM] Boss Longhorn (-5, Dazed)
[Players]Cheynne
[Players] Copper, Eric {+5 Attack assist from Jenny}, Jenny, Felix,
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 0

Seeing all the utter madness going on around himself and the Minotaur, Eric does the only thing he can think off; he leaps at the man bull with his claws aimed directly at his throat, a fierce feline snarl flying from his mouth, through gritted fangs. Gone are any thoughts of keeping the criminal alive for prosecution: this bull... has got to go... DOWN! He has no thought of trying to hide his attempted murder of this creature; he is fully given in to the monster inside his own psyche.

Attack with Claws (DC 23) +5 from Jenny's assist
Results 1d20+8+5: 30 [1d20=17]
This would be dropped by 2 to 28 from Eric's failure to absorb the bull's charge, I think.

OOC: Jawdrop! Not sure if any additional roll is needed; Eric is driving the claws of both paws into Longhorn's throat.
Last edited by ichigorno on Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: You were caught up in his initial charge;

Longhorn's Charge!: [Eric, Velari, Felix] Vs. DC 17 dodge (DC 22 or 18 toughness)
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

*grumble* Dodge
Results 1d20+6: 14 [1d20=8]

Toughness, if applicable
Results 1d20+6: 16 [1d20=10]
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Gahhh!" Longorn screams as flames and a claw lick his back once again. Copper's attempt at spitting acid upon the minotaur however goes wholly unnoticed.

The air grows heavy around the monster as he sags on his feet, his eyes burning with rage that you think he's about to go berserk- but then he notices the man with the bat right beside Felix, right besides him, and something else passes through his eyes. "You! Human!" He shouts, grabbing the Mazerunner roughly.

"I need you do do something for me."

Panic flashes across the man's face as he notices something in Longhorn's hands hand "N-no, boss no, we never finished-"

Longorn's eyes flash red, and Cheyenne has a brief realization; the Minotaur she'd fought in the past may've been supernaturally strong, but his eyes certainly never glowed like this one's

Then the floor started to tremble, the walls bulging outward pulled by some strange force. Everyone left still standing on the Mazerunner's side seem to have some idea what's started to happen and desperately try to flee the building before it's too late- Yet there's no luck for them.

Thick concrete slabs wise up in front of the doorways, steel slabs sprout forth from the walls around you, and the scaffolding above you twists into a pretzel. Everything is centered on the minotaur, and you all watch as man and beast are hidden away by the shifting warehouse around them.

Several seconds later the rumbling stops, and you have a chance to look around yourselves... And realize you can't see any of your fellow teammates at all.

GM:
Toughness: 11 3rd Degree Failure!
Copper's Acid Spit: 11 Miss!

Longhorn's Last Stand; Maze! Everyone has found themselves trapped with a strange network of walls and corridors...

Secret roll: 15

[GM] Boss Longhorn (-6, Staggered)
[Players]Cheynne
[Players] Copper, Eric {+5 Attack assist from Jenny}, Jenny, Felix,
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember

Jenny looked around warily at the maze that had suddenly sprung into being- from a sheer power standpoint it was actually kind of amazing, which meant that it was probably really, really dangerous. She certainly had no desire to have to face Longhorn one-on-one, separated from her allies by these forboding walls.

Still, there was more than one way to turn a steer into hamburgers and even before her Awakening, she was the sort of person who had little trouble with a hedge maze here or there... She closed her eyes for just a moment, spinning slowly in place and coming to a stop facing due north. From one of her pockets she pulled forth a ball of string- her other hand lifted the silver whistle from her necklace to her lips, and she blew into it softly, a note no mortal ears could hear.

Whether there were spirits nearby who could answer, or whether the walls of this maze kept even ethereal beings at bay- now THAT was the question of the moment...

>OOC: Maintain her Variable at current setting for now- she may shift it if needed soon enough. For now, fire up her Comprehend Spirits, which will allow her to perceive any spirits nearby, and for them to hear her "call". If any of them actually show up, she can shift to negotiating something- not sure if she can slightly repurpose Contacts or Inspiration, or if she will need the Variable for Wayfinder or Remote Sensing. The ball of string seems like a thing that might be in her Masterwork Ritual Toolkit, and she does have Direction Sense.

>Perception, just in case: 1d20+8= 14; roll https://orokos.com/roll/822354 (No great success, no abysmal failure= meh...)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The sounds around you all groan and creak as metal twists and settles into place one last time, and suddenly you find yourselves surrounded in deafening silence. Both Copper and Eric have hearing sensitive enough that they can hear the echoing screaming of panic from the conscious Mazerunners who were caught up in Longorn's otherworldly ability. The scent in the air seems odd to them at first, but they'd still find it to be reliable enough for navigation if needed.

As everyone else is coming to grips with their situation and how to proceed next, Jenny starts to direct her focus towards the space-between, where the shades of spirits linger behind on a world that's moved past them. "Hey, kid. Aren't you a little young to be contacting the spirits of the dead?"

It came from behind her, a man wearing worn blue jeans and a dark leather jacket stained with dirt and grit. His hair is dark and shaggy, with a kind expression that seems out of place for a ganger who died here in passing. Dark veins snake over his palid skin, yet Jenny sees no obvious cause of death on him. Brown eyes take a cursory look around your corner of the labyrinth, whistling all the while. "Damn, you guys got yourselves maze'd. That's rough."

In another part of the labyrinth we spy Cheyenne, still trying to grasp the fact her target had taken a coward's approach and seemingly ran away. Perhaps a minute or more pass before she spies something snaking along the floor, a thin blue tendril that leads deep into the dark corridors away from her. It stops in place, and suddenly Velari's head starts to emerge outward. "Cheyenne! Perfect, I knew I'd find someone if I just stretched myself thin enough first. Let me just... get myself back together."

The rest of her form rapidly follows behind, and soon the gelatinous woman snaps back into proper shape. "Phew... This place is crazy, I'd swear it might as well go on for miles. There's no way that should be physically possible, would it?"

Elsewhere in the twisted network of steel and concrete, we find the lone technomage known to his friends as Mr. Fix-it. Alone, save for his drones. Inside a world created by a massive hulk of a man with big sharp horns and a loose trigger finger. The very same man that he'd taunted several times in the past few minutes, making the Minotaur more then a little bit irked with him in particular.

Was that a thud he heard somewhere nearby? Just his imagination, right?

...Right?

GM: We're very close to the end of this chapter, hold on just a bit longer.

In the meantime everyone, take a hero point for your new circumstances. Spend it wisely.

For the moment, consider yourselves Out of Combat. Your obvious goals right now are to find one another, find a way out, or find wherever Longhorn went.

By virtue of her ability to stretch, I've already determined that Velari has discovered one of you. Random rolling determined it to be Cheyenne.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

If there was one thing Eric detested from his days on the force, it was those freakin' mazes in the morning paper. He knew that Longhorn had the advantage here, in that no one could sneak up on him and, if he'd successfully separated them all, Longhorn could probably take them all out one by one. The team's best chance was to change the game...

First, Eric took a whiff, doing his durnedest to pick up Longhorn's scent, trying to determine how far Longhorn was away from him, and in what direction.
Perception
Results 1d20+9: 11 [1d20=2]

Then, Eric began testing the walls, to see how strong they were and to determine whether or not he could smash through them.
Perception
Results 1d20+9: 26 [1d20=17]

After that, Eric moved to the ceiling and tried to break through it. His idea was to get the team out of the maze, so that they could attack Longhorn from their own vantage point rather than attack him where he was strongest.
Perception
Results 1d20+9: 11 [1d20=2]

Finally, Eric started looking about the room he was in, looking for something he could use as a weapon. He knew that if he did have to face Longhorn alone, his claws weren't sufficient to help him defeat the mad bull man...
Investigation
Results 1d20+8: 22 [1d20=14]
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no