[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
You’ll have to be very authoritative for awhile, but as long as you project strength, Baffie will do as you tell him.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After speaking with Mickey, and letting Baffie listen in on the fact that if he caused trouble Imperious would be ready to step in, he looked to the Beastman again and studied him intently for a time. Then a nod was given, wordlessly signaling for the guards to carry out his instructions: get the Beastman's wounds taken care of and see that he is provided with quarters. After they have left, when he is alone with Mickey, Imperious gestures down to the indigo color armor.

"Keep this some place secure. I have more to do in the field, but if all goes well you may be wearing that xeno-armor in the future. That is, if you want it."

OOC wrote:
HP: 2
Conditions: Healthy.
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 20
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“What is that thing? A xeno-armor?” Mickey asks. “Will it even work for me?”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"It is a suit of armor on a xeno's headless corpse. A Tlolkku. They are a technologically advanced reptilian people. She was trying to overload a skynode and working with Enginseers that wanted to create a plague to kill biotwists."

Imperious stated all of this stoically. It was a lot to explain, and most of it was bad. Briefly he looked down to the suit of armor, as though to guide Mickey's eyes to it.

"I need to look it over to determine details about the armor. Even if I can, time and resources may be needed to repair it. Should it prove viable for a human wearer and repairs are able to be made it will be yours if you want it."

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mickey’s eyes widen. “Sure. I mean, I suppose. Where’re you going, though? And what do we do with the, um, xeno-corpse? Burn it?”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Freeze it."

... Imperious stated when Mickey asked what should be done with the Xeno-corpse. After a brief pause he offered up an explination, so that Mickey would understand the reason for keeping the body.

"I intend to study the corpse later. The Tlolkku came back to life the first time I killed her ... before I removed her head ... and she endured extreme environmental conditions. We may end up needing to use some of her parts to operate the armor later as well."

First Imperious was giving orders to work prisoners to exhaustion and execute them if they made the slightest misstep. Now he was collecting corpses and talking about 'studying' them. Further he suggested the prospect of using dead things to operate machines. How awful of a person he must have seemed to some. How grotesque. How tyrannical. Yet all was said and performed in a stern and stoic manner.

After answering Mickey's second question he backtracked to the first.

"I will be at the nearest active skynode, about two hundred miles east of Bastion. The Reavers may have had slaves, which should be freed. Enginseer reinforcements were called. I will have to deal with them if they show. Then, there are some mysteries relating to the skynode that should be explored, including a person trapped inside it who may have knowledge about the Datasphere and skynodes."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mickey nods. “Ok.”
OOC:
OK. What now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

With Mickey brought mostly up to speed, Imperious took to the sky, vanishing in a blur of movement. Crossing hundreds of miles he returned to the skynode that had been the sight of his recent battles. On arriving, rather than landing, he remained in the air. From his height vantage point over the area Imperious searched the area for threats. Then, mindful of the reports about the Reavers having held captives, he began looking for confirmation of this.
OOC wrote:After returning to the skynode I'll switch Shi'Halal's FLight/Utility to: Flight 1 ; Quickness 11 ; Normal Hearing Extended x4 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x4 ; Infravision Extended x4

Here is a Notice/Search check to look for people in the area. BOth Search and Notice have the same bonus: Search/Notice: 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22

Imperious is operating at Quickness 11. He has Extended Normal Hearing, Visual Detect Life, Extended X-Ray Vision, Extended Infrafision all active.
HP: 3
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 1 ; Quickness 11 ; Normal Hearing Extended x4 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x4 ; Infravision Extended x4
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

As Imperious circles carefully overhead, he can see hoverbikes in the distance—-racing towards the skynode! They’re piloted by Iron Enginseers, for who else would be so much more machine than human? Their hoverbikes are armed with large cannons to the left. There were eleven incoming targets. They were coming in hot, but either didn’t see Imperious or else he is simply out of the range of their guns.

No sign of other Tlolkku, though...
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Enginseer reinforcements."

Imperious obversed within the confines of his helmet. He wasn't surprised. Lucas had heard the call for them being made. Without moving from his current position he extended a hand towards them, his gauntlet clad fingers spread apart and hook towards the approaching force.

"Let's have a word with their vehicles and see if we can win them to our side."

While Shi'Halal worked to forge the connection, Lucas pictured threads leaving the tips of his fingers and traveling through the ether to the eleven hoverbikes. He tried to convince them that they should stop. That their riders were poor companions. That the Red Gear Brotherhood did not deserve their service, and they they should dislodge them from their seats.
OOC wrote:I'll drop Extended Normal Hearing and increase Quickness to 15 in the Flight/Utility Array. I'll also switch up the Blast/Arsenal Array to favor Datalink and Computers Skill.

Here is a Datalink (20)/Computers (21) roll to try to gain control of the eleven hoverbikes: Datalink/+1 more if Computers: 1D20+20 = [18]+20 = 38 +1 more is Computers is being used, which would be a result of 39.

Imperious is operating at Quickness 15.

If the check succeeds, Imperious is going to try to make the hoverbikes come to a sudden stop. Hopefully causing the Enginseers to go flying off their bikes at high speed.
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 10 ; Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 12 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x4 ; Infravision Extended x4
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The bikes heed Imperious’ command, but the Enginseers don’t come flying off—-rather, being magnetically linked to their bikes, riders and hoverbikes tumble, rolling and rolling and crashing and spinning and rolling. When they finally come to a halt, the Enginseers have taken a hell of a beating, and three riders are dead, two are unconscious and the rest struggling to unlock themselves from their bikes and stand.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Enginseers were solidly secured to their seats. If he'd known, maybe he could have taken measures to render the fastening inoperative. Watching the hoverbikes tumble with their riders Lucas' lips pressed together into a thin line. It was unfortunate that the hovercycles would likely suffer. He looked at them as combatants aiding in the fight against the Enginseers, but that didn't make him feel any better about their injury.

Imperious didn't plan to give the Enginseers time to recover from the crash. As soon as they had ceased tumbling he was flying at them. Singling out a target that was trying to get to their feet he swopped by and kicked a leg out at them. As he performed the action a liquid-black blade flashed over his shin, angled to cut his mark. Then Imperious ascended and looked down on the cybernetic gang, his voice raising as he spoke to them.

"I am Imperious. Your peers are dead. The Tlolkku is dead. The plague has been purged. This skynode is now under my stewardship."
OOC wrote:Switching Blast/Arsenal Array to focus on melee combat. Switching Flight/Utility up to get more Flight ranks active (10). Then moving in to attack the Enginseers right away.

Here is an Initiative check: Initiative: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13

Here is an attack roll with Accurate Attack -3/+3: Attack an Enginseer, Accurate Attack -3 Dmg/+3 Atk: 1D20+13 = [5]+13 = 18 DC 32 Toughness if that hits.

As a note, Imperious has Impervious 20 active.
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 10 ; Quickness 1 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x2 ; Infravision Extended x2
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Red Gears open fire, what few of them are still capable of it, to no effect, but one Enginseer is a bit more tactically aware.
OOC:
Attack forthcoming...

...with a Snare attack! He hits! Make a Reflex save! Nevermind, I’m a doofus...
One specific Red Gear Brother’s gun reconfigures itself Int but a moment, and she[?] fires six bands of coherent light. Imperious zips to the side, though, and the bands envelop a huge chunk of loose rubble, instead.
OOC:
Your turn!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After weaving to the side to avoid the bands of energy, Imperious head turns to fix emerald lens covered eyes on the Enginseer who had launched that particular attack off. In a blur he was in front of them. His armor around his forearms reshaped into plasma-arc emitters and thirty six in blades of white plasma erupted from them. With a vigorous thrust he endeavored to impale the Enginseer on his energy blade.
OOC wrote:... that's good, because I rolled a 2 on the Reflex save that I was about to post.

Imperious is going to try to take out this tactically minded Enginseer. Using Accurate Attack -3/+3: Attack Snare-Enginseer, Accurate Attack -3/+3: 1D20+13 = [4]+13 = 17
Defense: 20
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 10 ; Quickness 1 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x2 ; Infravision Extended x2
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
Rolled—-a 17! Failed by a whopping 20+!
As Imperious flies by, in one fell swoop he decapitates the too-clever Red Gear cybermagus.

Before the Red Gears can make a counterattack, materializing into existence are three Tlolkku warriors, all male, all dressed in stripped-down, bare-bones power-armor. Two of them step back towards the bikers, and open fire on their supposed human allies.
The two traitorous Tlolkku Fire their exotic weaponry, shooting two cones of what can best be described as Anti-Light, hitting four of the remaining Red Gear cybermagi between the two of them. Two are struck dead immediately, but the other two activate personal force fields, negating most of the Anti-Light’s destructive powers.

The third Tlolkku warrior looks straight at Imperious, and snarls, You killed my mate. He doesn’t attack, instead his armor envelops his body and turns him obsidian black.

The surviving Enginseers are stunned by their xeno allies’ betrayal, and can’t find the will to counterattack.
OOC:
Your turn!