[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

"You desire the full schematics of what may be the most powerful suit of power armor in this Designate, and knowledge of my own armor's vulnerabilities. Neither of these are things I am willing to give."

... Imperious stated in a neutral tone of voice while returning the Changecube to his side. He had a feeling the Tlolkku was using the haggling tactic of starting high with the expectation of being negotiated to a lower medium. So he tried not to take offense at the blatant attempt to get access to Shi'Halal's weaknesses. Lucas was a noble though. He didn't haggle like a merchant.

After the initial pitch, he expected no trade would be made, as he did not have much and what he had he was unlikely to be willing to give away. He already possessed a means of detecting the Oblivion Flock ... what he was looking for was way of allowing others to. There was more information to be gained from the dialog, however. So Imperious continued it, proposing an alternative payment. One that he was willing to follow up on.

"Who is this person with a Demigod Carapace and how are they causing you difficulties? Perhaps I can meet them and negotiate on your behalf as the price for this software. Bear in mind, you would need to be willing to make some form of compromise if any negotiating were to take place."
OOC wrote:
HP: 0
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy.
Encephalon: Deactivated.
Communion Array: Immunity to Mental Effects
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 10 ; Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 8 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision ; X-Ray Vision ; Microscopic Vision 4
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Insane laughter issues forth. “No, I think not. Ape, your success or failures interests us much much than the unconquered sun of Rome ever will.

If you are not willing to pay such a price, let us lower the stakes: just the schematics for the divine armor Jax currently wears. Give us that, and we will happily give you whatever software you require against the Oblivion Flock as payment.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Lucas had expected the proposal to be rejected, but he was still disappointed. Meeting with another Demigod Carapace wearer could have given Shi'Halal answered she was searching for. Further, acting as a mediator for the Tlolkku could have set a diplomatic precedence for building a positive relationship. But he had a name, at least. The Unconquered Sun. Imperious went quiet when the Administrator pushed for something he had already said he was not willing to give. Rather than repeat himself, Lucas decided to maneuver away from a negotiation he saw doomed to failure until he had something that the Tlolkku wanted and he was willing to give.

"That is still much to ask for merely being able to detect the Oblivion Flock. It does not help me actively achieve my goal. I will take some time to consider the matter and what else I could offer. If you are willing to leave this medium open as a means of communicating, I will contact you after I have given the subject more thought."
OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 10 ; Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 8 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision ; X-Ray Vision ; Microscopic Vision 4
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Of course. Take all the time you feel you have, ape. We will be right here, as always. We are glad to dispense wisdom to the less-evolved.
OOC:
Ok, what now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Even when trying to sound benevolent or magnanimous the Tlolkku still managed to come off as contemptibly obnoxious. He had gained new insights from the encounter, whether it was carefully seeded misinformation, or knowledge casually shared in conversation Imperious did not know. Either way, he terminated the connection to the Tlolkku Administrator and stowed the game-orbs away in the cache hidden under Nepenthe's throne. Then he walked out of the grand audience hall. Once away and walking down the hallway, he retrieved the Changecube and consulted it.

"Are we secure enough to have our conversation?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The Changecube says, “Yes, young shaman, now we ma speak freely.

Yes, I can sense such taint without using a charge, but I cannot do so at any real distance. I am sorry.

You are right to be wary of the Tlolkku for they are a devious people given over to ambition and treachery. Only the half-mythical threat of their Five Judges keeps Tlolkku society from imploding.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"I have yet to hear someone speak positively of the Tlolkku. Other than their wealth of knowledge and technology."

... Imperious observed mildly after hearing the Changecube's comments on the Tlolkku. Even when they had formed a deal, or temporary alliance, with the Red Gear Brotherhood the xenos had been quick to turn on the Enginseers. So far it seemed better to talk to them, rather than work or barter with them.

Before his thoughts went too far askew on the subject of the Tlolkku Lucas refocused on the subject of greater importance. Finding a resolution to the Oblivion Flock and the threat it posed. He'd previously learned that the Changecube was able to detect things from Beyond. Now he knew it was only able to do so at close range. Which meant tracking the infected was not an option. Lucas reminded the cube of his earlier question in a mild tone.

"Do you detect the corruption via software, the way the Tlolkku talked about? I am wondering if this is something that can be duplicated and given to others."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

It is not a matter of software or hardware, shaman; my makers are beyond such things. It would...be difficult to explain. I am sorry.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"The Tlolkku mentioned using a Refraction-array to save those infected by the tech-plague. Though it sounded more akin to creating a copy of it. Is this the method you used to restore Lordsenator?"

Being truthful, Lucas did not expect the Changecube to have productive responses for either of his questions. He did need to eliminate the avenues of curiosity or he would continue to think on and distract himself with them. So he asked, to improve on his incomplete understanding of limited options at his disposal. Even as he asked the question Lucas was formulating a plan to work around the limited detection range the Changecube had. He would need to consult with an Icon that had access to the Palace's cameras or other sensors.
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Unfortunately, shaman, I directly alter reality itself, personally rewriting space/time to an outcome favorable to m6 user; the Beyond is normally never touched. But I can mimic a Refraction-array, if you spent enough time formulating how.
OOC:
In other words, use the Chamgecube’s single power to create a power or powers that do so.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"That is what I thought."

Imperious went silent, brooding over the matter. The Refraction-array did not seem like the solution to the Oblivion Flock problem. It was not a cure for the infected, but a copy machine. Maybe there was a something a Refraction-array could summon a copy of that would help. Imperious looked to the Changecube, wondering for a moment. Then he shook his head. Having more than one Changecube floating around, if that were even achievable, was a recipe for disaster. It was time to move on.

"Do you recall the locations where you detected the Oblivion Flock? If I had that information I could consult with Palace security and inquire who was in the area at the time you sensed the contamination"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

That I can do and will happily do so, now.

The Changecube begins rattling off what Nightjar taint it had so far detected, and a pattern swiftly became clear: the Oblivion Flock’s first focus in the Palace wasn’t the military or those making the decisions, but rather the ‘little people’; chefs, valets, maintenance golems, entertainment-Icons, sewage workers, low-level data processors, and so on. The low-ranking people, golems and Icons upon which juggernauts like Jax built an empire. If the things behind the Oblivion Flock were as ignorant of the multiverse as the Tlolkku Administrator claimed, the results of infiltration would be much more haphazard.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Targeting the lower ranked synthetics would be less likely to draw the attention of security and it gave the Oblivion Flock the bodies to build an army with. It was always the lower castes that took the brunt of war ... and this was a war. When he counted the number of Golems that had been infect, the ones that the Changecube had identified at least, they were too numerous to take on directly by himself. Not because of any threat they may pose to him, but revealing they were exposed may force them to take more aggressive action that could cause collateral damage he was unprepared to manage. He needed to work with what he could manage, and prepare for handling containment ... if it was a viable option.

"Do you have any suggestions for quarantining the infected? What would be required to prevent the spread of the Oblivion Flock, without killing the host?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Shai’Halal speaks up, “Lucas, something is approaching it is very large. It has a menacing posture. Be alert.

The Changecube begins to respond, but’s interrupted by a hulking Enginseer, a living head and lungs enshrouded in ample armor-plating. Guns bristled on his arms, with laser pistols mounted on his shoulders. In front of him, tethered by a leash-like ford, is a golem designed to look like a human-sized doll with a porcelain face. The two speak as one.

WE ARE ENVOY SERAPH OF THE ENGINSEER TECHNICAL LEAGUE. WE ARE HERE TO PRESENT OUR AID IN CATALOGUING THE MANIFOLD WONDERS AND LOST TECHNOLOGY WITHIN THE PALACE OF ETERNITY. WE ARE AUTHORIZD TO USE LETHAL FORCE TO DEFEND OURSELVES, BUT WE ARE HOPING FOR A DIPLOMATIC ENCOUNTER. DO NOT OPEN FIRE. WE WILL DEFEND OURSELVES.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At hearing Shi'Halal's warning Imperious looked up from the cube held in his hand. While he looked in the direction that his armor guided his attention, Lucas lowered his left hand to his hip. There he pressed the Changecube against Shi'Halal's armoring, and in response small storage compartment formed over the device. Obstructing it from vision and freeing his hand up for other actions.

Curiosity flickered across Lucas' face, though this fleeting expression was hidden behind his armor's faceplate. While the envoy spoke, he was studying the hulk. Absorbing both it's obvious physical qualities and gauging it's demeanor and ... then there was the Golem it had on a leash.

"Seraph."

Uttering the name the cybermagus had given, Imperious used it both as a greeting and acknowledgement of the favored designation. Rather than ruminate on mights and maybes, he asked the Enginseer the questions that was on his mind.

"How is it that you gained access to the Palace?"
OOC wrote: