[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

Iron-Dreams. Wyrmtunnels. Was it a piece of technology, some form of dimensional infrastructure, or something naturally occurring that they had found? It was a possible lead to Shi'Halal's origins either way ... and perhaps a means of expansion for the society he hoped to build. First, he needed to assess this Wyrmtunnel, and get a grasp on utilizing it. After silently reflecting on the information that the Godforge casually shared he spoke up.

"I have been told the Iron-Dreamers made my armor. Other than that, and what you has said, I know nothing of them. You will have to tell me more about these people and their technology. For now, please direct me to the Herdring."
OOC wrote:
HP: 0
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy.
Encephalon: Deactivated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 12 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 1
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

It gives you coordinates.

Finding the Herdrin* is easy, as it resembles a medical facility more than a place designed for herdbeasts. No doors bar Imperious’ entrance...and inside is a house of horrors.

Sentient beings of all kinds from across Rustdeity have been taken here, their arms and legs surgically removed, and bolted down to the bone into what can best be described as surgical harnesses that hang from the ceiling. Like kegs of ale, each captive has a knob inserted into their chest that allows blood to be easily withdrawn for consumption. Most of these prisoners have gone irretrievably insane, their wills shattered by decades+ of torture.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Behind his helmet Lucas grimaced at the grotesque and inhumane treatment of these prisoners. It was such a sight that it gave him pause. Then, extending a blade of white hot plasma from his left vambrace he steeled himself for what he needed to do. Before he set on his grim task Lucas contacted Nepenthe, forwarding her the coordinates of the Herdring.

"Meet me here when you are finished."

Moving from prisoner to prisoner he checked on them, tried to interact with them. Briefly. Long enough to determine if they were too far gone. Too mad to bring back. Those whose minds had broken, he delivered a swift merciful end by cleaving their head from their shoulders.

The others, those who seemed to have enough of their sanity left to function, he began removing items from them that would hinder their healing. Things that would block the regrowth of limbs, or were continuously inflicting subtle harms. Then, holding onto them, he asked Shi'Halal to heal the person. Her vitakenisis ray activating, the palms of Imperious' black star speckled gauntlets glowed with each person whose body he endeavored to restore.
OOC wrote:First, if Nepenthe doesn't respond, he'll stop and head off to check on her rather than proceed.

Going to adjust Shi'Halal's Utility Array to have Quickness 15 active, so that he can quickly remove obstructions from people, before blood lose becomes an issue.

Imperious will be killing those who have gone mad and healing those that seem like they haven't broken. Healing 15, with Regrowth, Affects Objects, Persistant, Total, and Precise.

Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 9 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 1
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Nepenthe enters and slowly finds her way to Imperious. She silently watching Imperious performing triage, a grim expression on her face. “How my husband didn’t wipe all Starvampires out of existence eludes me. They’re a blight.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious didn't stop when Nepenthe arrived. He allowed her to see what he was doing, taking no action to hide it when he killed those who he perceived as being beyond helping. Those whose minds were too far gone.

"The Tlolkku asked him for help dealing with the Starvampires and he denied them."

... he stated after removing someone's head. Then Imperious moved on to the next person. As he had in the past he tried to get the person to engage with him. To measure how much of their mind was left. How strong the grip of madness was. Then he either performed a mercy killing or set about removing obstructions from their body, then healing them. He continued until he had made measurable progress tending to the Starvampire's former prey before he spoke to Nepenthe again.

"The Godforge told me that there is a Wyrmtunnel under this place. It is how Korazzu transported people and equipment to and from this Resonance. I would like to salvage as much useful technology as we can. It will all have to be checked, however. I have seen Starvampire technology corrupt Icons and plant life."

OOC wrote:
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 9 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 1
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“Couldn’t we ask the Tlolkku for help? Or are they nearly as bad their undead renegades?”

By this point, Imperious is done with his bloody-handed task.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

With the last of the former food stock tended to Imperious disengaged his plasma-blade. Turning to Nepenthe he paced towards her until he was only a couple feet away. At that point he resumed their dialog.

"Tlolkku are duplicitous and disloyal. I have seen them consistently turn on their allies when they became a liability. Any aid they give comes with a price. For example, one offered help in dealing with the Oblivion Flock. In return for schematics on Jax's divine armor they would give us any technological aid we required to combat that threat, though software to detect the dormant Oblivion Flock was the chief item offered."

"If we could maintain a position of strength, and we had something to offer the Tlolkku, I believe a productive relationship could be developed. Though we would have to always be on guard. Some of their plots are very subtle. For example they used a game, which they designed to be addictive, to monitor and manipulate people at one point."

Imprious paused at that and seemed to think on something. At length he finally shared what he had been debating for some time. Well before this conversation took place.

"Something I have considered is negotiating for a Tlolkku advisor. It would effectively give them a spy to keep tabs on us, but they could be used as a consultant. If we wanted to work with them in eliminating Starvampires from our territory, they could also be used in coordinating efforts or information exchanges."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Nepenthe sighs and looks over the surviving wounded. “We, I take it, shall be moving these poor souls back to Rustdeity?

“And as to a Tlolkku advisor, be careful. ‘Those who lie down with serpents tend to get bitten’, an old saying goes.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Yes. Did you find anything of value in the Starvampire remains?"

After posing the question to Nepenthe he turned and looked over the interior of the Herdring for a means to go to a lower level of the structure. The Godforge said that the Wyrmtunnel was under the Hedring. Imperious could transport people a couple at a time between dimensions. That may be slower that this Wyrmtunnel. Then there was Korazzu's equipment and a flock of Tengu to transport. That was another hundred people. It would be nice to expedite the migration process.

"Once these captives are returned to Rusdeity we will salvage what technology we can from this place. The Tengu need to be addressed as well."
OOC wrote:
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 5 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 5
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Nepenthe says, “Medical supplies. Those three sick monsters were studying methods of keeping their victims alive as long as possible. We should gather it up, and put it to more humanitarian use.

“Plus...a perfectly equipped and well-maintained cloning lab——that is utterly without test-subjects. Perhaps Korazzu only just built it? I’m not sure.”

The wyrmtunnel is found very easily, as it practically radiates energy. It doesn’t have a physical component, however, somehow being an idea with solidity, a process that sounds absurd yet is clearly the case here. Still, finding its nexus is easy, and blasting his way down to it takes Imperious no time at all.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A nod is given when Nepenthe suggests gathering the medical supplies. Their research, too, may be of use. Considering that they were looking into prolonging life. The cloning lab was something special. It opened opportunities. Cloning of replacement limbs and organs. More than that, it may well be able to provide the Tengu with cloned bodies for their eggs. Even if it could, there was the issue of Tengu birth rates and the rate at with bodies could be produced to consider. Still, some good may come from all this evil.

After blasting a hole down into the lower levels of the structure Imperious descends to the Wyrmtunnel. Standing infront of it he take some time to study the immaterial machinery.

"This reminds me of a psychic machine that I saw on Earth-E. It was employed on a planetary scale by the forces fo the Beyond for transportation."

... Imperious mosed aloud for Nepenthe's benefit. Then he went on to speak privately with Shi'Halal within the confines of his helmet.

"Is this bringing back any memories? Are you able to interface with the Wyrmtunnel? Enginseer Ka said you were made by the Iron Dreamers, and the Godforge stated that this is Iron Dreamer technology."
OOC wrote:
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 5 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 5
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I,” Shai’Halal says, “dhall attempt t—-

A booming voice fills the air, a physical voice, and Nepenthe clearly hears it. Strangely soft and feminine yet booming and overpowering, it says, “DAUGHTER. WELCOME. WE SEE YOU HAVE BONDED WELL TO A WARRIOR-HOST. THIS IS GOOD. I AM PLEASED.

Shai’Halal asks, “Are you my maker? Did you...design me?

I DIDN’T DESIGN YOU OR BUILD YOU, BUT I WAS PRESENT DURING YOUR CONSTRUCTION. ALL SIX OF YOU WERE MANUFACTURED AT THE SAME TIME. YOU WERE MEANT TO BE A TEAM. YOU WERE MEANT TO BE SAVIORS OF THE MULTIVERSE, ONCE PROPERLY BONDED TO SENTIENT HOSTS.

YOUR FATHER, SO TO SPEAK, IS IVKINIK KA, A MEMBER OF THE XCNIDRALLLIXIANTANNANAC SPECIES, OR ‘IRON DREAMERS’ AS OTHER SPECIES CALLED THEM. KA WAS A BRILLIANT BEING WITH GREAT COMPASSION IN HIS SEVENTY HEARTS, BUT HE WAS VERY OLD. YOU AND YOUR SIBLINGS WERE TO BE KA’s FINEST, GREATEST WORK. LIKE EVERY OTHER IRON DREAMER, HE DIED AT THE BATTLE OF MARS, IN THE E-UNIVERSE.

IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, CHILD. YOUR HOST TREATS YOU WELL?

Shai’Halal says, “I did not choose Lucas on a whim. He was very carefully matched to a long list of mental and physical requirements.

SO I SEE. I WISH WE HAD MORE TIME TO CHAT, MY CHILD, BUT I DO NOT THINK YOUR LUCAS CAME HERE FOR A SOCIAL VISIT. HOW MAY I HELP YOU, YOUNG MAN?
Last edited by Hoid on Sat May 08, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious jerked slightly when, suddenly, a voice boomed forth. When he realized it was someone associated with Shi'Halal he chose to remain silent, listened, and allow his armor the have an uninterrupted exchange with the voice. He wasn't sure if it was the Wyrmntunnel itself, or someone speaking through it. Maybe even an Iron Dream's consciousness implanted into the Wyrmtunnel. Either way, he waited for the exchange between the voice and Shi'Halal to conclude. When it addressed him, that is when Lucas spoke up.

"Hello. As Shi'Halal stated, I am Lucas of House Jaxon. Is there a name by which you are called?"

A pause was allowed for a name to be supplied. Lucas continued after that.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. While I am not opposed to discourse, and would like to learn more about you, there are a number of people that need to be transported to Designate-V, the planet of Rustdeity. Preferably in the To-Ki-Oh district. There is some equipment I would like to transport as well, but the people are the priority. The Godforge told me that the Wyrmtunnel would be able to assist with this."
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

MY CONSCIOUSNESS IS DISTRIBUTED ALONG THIS WYRMTUNNEL NETWORK. WHILE TECHNICALLY NOT THE WYRMTUNNEL, YOU MAY REFER TO ME AS SUCH. MY NAME IS CZQALLFIFRARNIXOR. AN OLD FRIEND NICKNAMED ME ‘FRANZ’. IT IS A NAME I HAVE COME TO APPRECIATE.

AS TO THE POOR SAPIENCES BEING HELD HERE, I WILL HAPPILY ASSIST IN THEIR RESCUE. BE WARNED, HOWEVER. I AM AN UTTERLY PASSIVE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE ON ‘OPEN MODE’, SO I WILL OBEY ANY COMMAND GIVEN TO ME, IRREGARDLESS OF ITS SOURCE.

AS TO THE LEAST GODFORGE, BE WARNED. HE IS A SOCIOPATH, AND ENJOYS TJE SUFFERING OF OTHERS. HE IS ALSO HIGHLY DELUSIONAL. HE CLAIMS TO HAVE BEEN BUILT BY THE CREATOR OF THE MULTIVERSE, AMONG A GREAT MANY OTHER THINGS. I AM NOT SURE HE IS ABLE TO DISTINGUISH FANTASY FROM REALITY, AS HE IS VERY, VERY OLD.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A single nod of acknowledgement was given when the Wyrmtunnel, Franz, gave her warning concerning the Godforge. While the Changecube had confirmed the Godforge's story about being created by some manner of precursor entity, he had to agree with the assessment about it's mental state. At least his interactions thus far had shown sociopathy inclinations in the Godforge. Imperious decided to focus on Franz for now. He had question but decided to focus on the security vulnerability of the Wyrmtunnel's 'Open Mode'.

"Taking commands from anyone and is dangerous. Is there a way that may be altered? I would like to secure your autonomy, or at least prevent malicious elements from exploiting you."
OOC wrote: