Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment to 07/27)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Nareik123

Re: Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment)

Post by Nareik123 »

Okay, thanks for the clarification. We will go with the change in appearance when her powers are used.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I haven't really explored the system for a long time now.

I'm considering some immunities to saves. With the limit that the total for the pairs of saves limited to PLx2- what does that do to the nonimmune save?

For example, what is the maximum toughness with a perfect dodge?

Thanks!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Spectrum wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:50 pm I haven't really explored the system for a long time now.

I'm considering some immunities to saves. With the limit that the total for the pairs of saves limited to PLx2- what does that do to the nonimmune save?

For example, what is the maximum toughness with a perfect dodge?
Unfortunately, there is not RAW answer to this question. My opinion (and I'm not the GM) is PL.

How do you achieve perfect Dodge? I don't know of Immunity Dodge. 40 ranks of Immunity maybe?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm so use to combat oriented games, I feel so less capable than Earth-dude. :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've heard some varrying accounts. 30 pnts was also a suggestion, but I can't really say.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The Powers book has immunity to parry and immunity to dodge both at 40 pts each.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Powers book? I only have power profiles and the penultimate edition myself, with the Hero High book... Somewhere. It hides on me.

I'll defer to you though.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

It's in the Talent section of Power Profiles: Perfect Defense. Notice, it's written using Concentration.

PERFECT DEFENSE
Your mastery of combat technique is so great that when you choose to go on the defensive, you are virtually untouchable. You either parry and slip around close attacks, or nimbly dodge and evade ranged attacks. Doing so takes virtually all your concentration, however; you’re limited to move and free actions while using your Perfect Defense, and it does not protect you from attacks that do not target you in the ways you are trained to avoid, so
things like area and perception ranged attacks still affect you normally. You must also be able to defend yourself:

If you are vulnerable or defenseless, your Perfect Defense does not work, either.

Perfect Defense: Immunity 40 (attacks targeting Dodge or Parry), Concentration Duration • 20 points (40 for both)
Last edited by jmucchiello on Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'll look again when I get home in a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure that they were under the Martial Arts section.

Thanks for all the help!
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sorry I found it. Edited my post above.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahhh I see now. I was considering something like that for my character, under the descriptor of being able to perfectly deduce someone's fightingnform in mid-combat. I've been trying to conform to a 'super normal' look for him. Though... I may have a trick up my sleeve for something more obvious.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

There's no specific raw, but there is general.

Toughness and the higher of dodge or parry cannot be higher than double the PL.

But if by Perfect Dodge, you meant Perfect Defense (immunity on both active defenses) , than I would say roughness is limited to PL. Just like a perception rank or area attack where the attack bonus isn't there to be factored, if you remove defenses fully, then toughness should only be maxed at PL.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thanks again. I'm going to have to look at that option more closely. It didn't do exactly what I was hoping for it to do.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jack of All
"My head hurts...'
PL 12 | 200 PP
-------------------------------------
Abilities: 4+2+6+8+2+2+0+0= 24
Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 4
Fighting 1/7, Intellect 1/15, Awareness 0/10, Presence 0

Advantages 13
(P)Eidetic Memory, (P) Defensive Roll 9, Assessment, Skill Mastery 4 (Investigation, Medicine, Treatment, Technology) Well-Informed, Inventor, Improvised Tools, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge, Luck 1, Equipment 1 (Headquarters)

Skills 12/36 45/45 (INT)
  • Acrobatics 5/+8
  • Athletics 6/+8
  • Deception 0 / +0
  • Expertise: Science (INT)4/+19
  • Expertise: Business (INT)5/+20
  • Expertise: Politics (INT)4/+19
  • Expertise: Medicine (INT)4/+19
  • Expertise: Streetwise (INT)5/+20
  • Expertise: Tactics (INT)4/ +19
  • Insight 5/+15
  • Intimidation 0 / +0
  • Investigation (INT)5/+20
  • Perception 5/+15
  • Persuasion 0 /+0
  • Sleight of Hand 5/+8
  • Stealth (INT)5 / +8
  • Technology (INT)5/+20
  • Treatment (INT)4/+19
  • Vehicles 5/+9
Powers 60+1+14++5+10+1+6+25+17= 139
  • Hypermind: Enhanced Traits 30(Int 14/Fighting 6/Awareness 10), Alternate Effect 60+1
  • -Destroy Minds: Tiring Unreliable (5 Uses) Selective Perception Area Damage 12 Linked w/ Unreliable (5 Uses) Selective Perception Area Broad (Mental Abilities) Weaken 6
    Jackson would normally be capable of performing commonly recognized psychic abilities, yet the sheer weight of his mind is more likely to destroy theirs rather then let him read their thoughts.
  • Enhanced Synaptic Activity: Senses 4 (Rapid Auditory 2, Rapid Visual 2)(Quickness (Limited to mental) 10(1hr/3s), Enhanced Traits 1 (Eidetic Memory) 14
  • Sense Lesser Minds: Senses 5 (Detect Minds, Ranged, Acute, Accurate) 5
    While it may be dangerous to touch them directly, he can still detect their presence.
  • Incomprehensible Mentality: Immunity 10 (Mental) 10
  • Mental Visualization: Feature 1 (Jack's mental capability and control is at such a high level, he can essentially 'augment' his visual reality.)
  • Polyglot: Comprehend Languages 3(Can understand, speak, and read all languages) 6
    His innate ability to learn and discern patterns makes understanding new languages trivial.
  • Combat Pattern Recognition: Enhanced Traits 25 (Parry 7, Dodge 9) (Defensive Roll 9) 25
  • Unarmed Combat Pattern Response: Accurate 3 Dexterity Based Multiattack Damage 7 17
    By reading the movement of his opponents, Jackson is capable of thinking several steps ahead of them and moving his body accordingly before following with the most optimized counterattack.
Equipment 5/5 EP

Suburban Laboratory
Size: Small • Toughness: 6 • Features: Laboratory, Workshop, Living Space, Security System (DC 20), Secret (DC 20) • 5 points.

Offense
Initiative: +7
Unarmed: +7 |DC 17
Unarmed Response: +13 | DC 26, Multiattack
Destroy Minds: Tiring, Unreliable(5 Uses) | Selective Perception range area DC 27 Toughness + DC 16 Will Vs. Weaken Mental Abilities

Defense 0+0+10+3=13
Dodge 9* (+14), Parry 7* (+14), Fortitude 10 (+11), Toughness 9* (+10), Will 3 (+13)

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 139 + Advantages 13 + Skills 12 (36 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 201
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Birth Name: Jackson Grey
Height + Weight: 5'8", 180 lbs.
Ethnicity/Nationality: Caucasian, American (Work Visa)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unkempt stubble, bags under eyes
Languages: English (Native), All (Polyglot)
Complications
Motivation: Responsibility Suddenly being saddled with a twelfth level intellect puts the world at large into perspective. These abilities he has, he knows he shouldn't use them for personal gain alone, and will strive to do right with them. However he can.
Headaches: The human mind wasn't meant to handle the sheer amount of processing power going on within Jacks head. At times the mental load will prove to be too much, particularly after doing intensive calculations or using his combat prediction for too long. When this happens, he is rendered impaired until it goes away on his own or he takes medicine to deal with it. Using his Destroy Minds ability immediately cures him of any headache he's experiencing.
Insomnia: One problem with thinking too much means it's hard to get his brain to calm down enough to go to sleep. It'll sometimes take hours for him to fall asleep, and there will be nights when he just can't find a way to rest at all. As a result he'll sometimes find himself fatigued until he he can either get proper rest or become at risk of a caffeine overdose.
Company Obligations: His job may not be particularly glamorous, exciting, or even remotely enjoyable. But it pays the bills, and such he needs to dance to their tune to avoid loosing it.
Tabitha Grey: A few years ago he lost his wife in a traffic accident, leaving him alone to be the one taking care of their young daughter. He's always had trouble connecting with her after that incident, especially now that she's recently entered her teens.
Biography:
"Tabitha." Soft as his voice was, his tone was firm and commanding. He was never able to muster up such authority when he was at work, but when it came to his family there was no trouble at all. It was the only way he could ever get his daughter to listen to him at all these days.
His daughter with her curly mane of black hair turned away from her game, looking at him behind her square-rimmed glasses with indignation. "What."
Killing the urge to groan in frustration was almost instinctive by this point. "I'm heading into the city for a few hours, I need to meet with a client at some coffee shop. Want me to pick up something for diner on the way home?"
A shrug was her response, already dismissing him and returning to what matters she considered more important.
Fingers pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to dismiss the oncoming headache stress had been giving him these days. Caffeine would probably help, but that could wait until he got to his appointment. "Right.... I'll see you later then sweetie. Call my cell if you need me. I love you."
She mumbled something in response, which uplifted the corners of his mouth just a little. It was never a bold deceleration anymore as it had been during her elementary days, but it was enough to let him know she still cared.
With a nod of satisfaction he left her to her games, confidant she had at least completed her homework beforehand. While the girl may be the type to get too absorbed in electronics, Jack knew she would never allow her position in class to slip. It made him proud, to know just how smart his daughter was when she pushed herself. He wasn't like that at all, not like her mother was.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am working on a cold controller type. More ice and snow. A few offensive powers and a mix of individual and group defensive powers. Ice shiels to protect a group, a blizzatd for concealment, a pile of powdered snow to help break a fall, ice bridges, etc. I'm not sure how much I will be able to fit into the build though. I will start working on it this weekend.