Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment to 07/27)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment to 07/27)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There isn't much left for Jack to have uncovered without getting into a fist-fight, but he will have realized that he can detect minds and that he's capable of some form of headache-induced psychic attack like some Psyduck. He just doesn't know yet how, nor how deadly it actually is.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I can get a post up by this afternoon. Lloyd has only experienced one of his increased abilities so far...it's time for more to be revealed. ;)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry, I meant to get a post up yesterday after work, but I was suuuuper tired after work. Gonna try for today after work.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

supernaturalist, can you not use yellow as your speech color. It is very hard to read on a pale background.
Supernaturalist

jmucchiello wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:31 pm supernaturalist, can you not use yellow as your speech color. It is very hard to read on a pale background.
Yes, I'll change it when I get home this evening. I apologize. In an attempt to find a niche color, I've chosen one that's not very friendly on the eyes.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I've officially gone purple. From hence forth dialogue and thoughts will be in that color. I also changed Lloyd's name/character-link to purple as well. The text should be much clearer now.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The meeting place is a Tim Hortons. I breifly described it as being observable from a few close by businesses, but otherwise in a pretty quiet area of town. It is pretty normal with one main entrance, a secondary "exit only" door and a rear staff entry. It also has a drive thru with one window.

Regarding tapping into local cameras, traffic cameras are generally relegated to busy routes, which this area has none, leaving only security cameras of businesses, which you won't be able to easily tap with mundane methods. *wink wink* Even so though, they'll be of limited help since security cameras are usually internal, not external. Tim Hortons itself has an external camera to monitor the drive thru, but of course viewing the footage or controlling the cameras view would be from inside the building, and while likely not constantly monitored, there is a chance someone might notice if it were not pointing where it should.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

No dice for him regarding hacking security systems in that case, I presume? What of Jack's 'Tactical Knowledge' of the situation as he understands it, would that have provided any benefits to the team when it's time to meet?
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Kara is not at the point where she can just ask the security systems what's going on. Yet.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Just a heads up that I am traveling to Florida this weekend to secure a property I own on the west coast in anticipation of the hurricane. I may not have internet access for a few days or longer.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hacking would require access to a system linked to their network since its not like they are just linked to the internet (the usual path hackers utilize, and why CCTV can't be simply hacked) Not impossible, but would require a scene all its own really.

I guess I could also have you roll some skill checks and do a summary, it would involve some deception, stealth maybe disguise depending on how you approach the obsticle, perhaps some investigation and of course hacking itself.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ehh, I don't think he wants to get too involved that way. If there was no simple method of trying to find access to cameras through wireless connections, he'd opt out of that plan. With a one, he wouldn't have had any luck regardless.

If there's nothing that rolling tactics would've accomplished, I suppose instead he's just scoping the place out.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Spark can communication with electronics, theoretically within one mile because she has broadcast. But it is way too early for her to be able to use those tricks to hop into the feed of a camera. But she can easily walk by the place and be away off all the cameras in the area. She has reached that level. And with Analytical ranged electrical sense, that seems like she could tell the difference between a power line ending in a lamp and one ending in a camera.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry for the lag snag. It was a bit of a rough weekend for me. My mom's dog passed away very suddenly. She's been a bit of a mess over it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I know how that can be, mate. I hope you're able to help settle her down some, those sudden losses can be rather painful.
------------