Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment to 07/27)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment)

Post by Bladewind »

Didn`t get a chance over the weekend to reconfigure my character, other than a few notes on paper... but I will likely get to him tonight.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've juggled Kara around again and given her an electricity form (Insub 3) to go with her electrical powers. Still have a couple points to spend and will probably tweak more later.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Just checking. Are you still looking for characters? If so, I have a couple ideas.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm doing recruiting basically until I have time to actually run the game. Work for me is rough right now, but will smooth out eventually. I figure giving i the slow burn will give players time to really flesh out their characters.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:14 pm - Time, Space past rank 1 and Dimensional past rank 1 movement powers are banned
Intriguing. This one small throwaway really opens up the horizons of what the can could become.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, I figured some zipping around in our own system is pretty harmless, but something governments would have concerns about should it become known, and dimensional travel to a specific dimension I left in for more for pocket dimension type stuff more than for actual alternate realities or something.

I probably should have put time travel on its own line since that one is fully banned.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Why do I have more and more of an Aberrant setting vibe about this game?

"Oh yeah, we don't like your stoopid planet anymore anyways! Nyah! We're going exoplanetary!"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

This is the beginnings of a character. He is a homeless Schizophrenic who happens to have gained the ability to manifest his delusions into reality. I have made a character, but haven't stated up his summon yet. I have a basic backstory worked out. Thoughts?

Edit: I have specified the mechanism of his delusions and altered his abilities to fit. He is no longer a reality warper. Now he creates hard light constructs.

(Hero: PL12 : pp 200/200)

Abilities and Defense
Strength: 0; Agility: 0; Fighting: 3; Awareness: 5
Stamina: 6; Dexterity: 4; Intellect: 0; Presence: 0
Dodge: 10 (10pp), Parry: 10 (7pp), Fortitude: 12 (6pp), Toughness: 14 (), Will: 11 (6pp)

COMBAT
Initiative: +0; Close: +3; Ranged: +3
Grab: +7 (Special DC 15) Range: Close
Fairie Lights: Dazzle Burst Area (DC 22)
Fay Binding +8 (Snare DC 22)
Fairie Strike +11 (Damage DC 28)
Unarmed: +3 (DC 15) Range: Close

SKILLS: Acrobatics +0; Athletics +3 (1 pp); Close Combat: Fairie Strike: +7 (2pp); Close Combat: Unarmed +3; Range Combat: Light Prison +8 (2pp); Deception +0; Expertise: Literature +9 (3 pp); Insight +8 (1 pp); Intimidation +0; Investigation +3 (1pp); Perception +8 (1 pp); Persuasion +0; Stealth +10 (2 pp); Technology x

ADVANTAGES: Benefit: Cipher, Hide in Plain Sight, Languages 2 (Old English, French, German) (4 pp)

POWERS:
  • Summon Hard Light Figments (42 pp)
    • Summon 6 (Multiple Minions 2, Active, Horde, Flaw: At DM discretion, the fay creatures can be unfriendly)
    Hard Light Powers (Array: 36 + 2pp)
    • Light Flash "Fairie Lights" (Dazzle 12: vision only, burst area)
      Light Prison "Fay Binding" (Snare 12)
      Light Punch "Fairie Strike" (Damage 13, accurate 2)
    Create Hard Light Construct "Fairy Terraform" (Create 8, Permanent, Innate, Precise, Selective) (24 + 2 pp)
    Hard Light Defense (12 pp)
    • Enhanced Defense 12 (protection 8, Impervious 4, sustained)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyes: Green
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160lbs
Lives at: Oakwood Park

Name: Robert Kirk

Alias: Sir Robert of Oakwood Park

Robert Kirk was a studious (if not bright) student. He lacked any ability to use math but he could recite the works of old. Gilgamesh, Beowulf, The Canterbury Tales, he read them all. He also had a talent for picking up languages. He was applying for college when his Schizophrenia was triggered. Disorganized Schizophrenia is what they called it. Robert knew it as the day when the Seelie folk came to visit him. They always played their tricks on him. Whenever someone asked Robert to show them a fairy, the folk refused. They were silly. At least they weren't the Unseelie fay. Those fay weren't playful at all. They made Robert angry with their antics.

Robert's Schizophrenia worsened until he was unable to hold down even a simple job. His psychiatrist kept telling him to take him medication, but Robert hated the way the medication made him feel. It also took away his friends. Unable to keep a job, he found himself on the streets. Plenty of friendly people would help him out as long as he held up a sign. The fair folk helped him write it. He was begging on a street corner when the event happened.

When he came to, Robert found he was one of the few who survived. The Queen of the Seelie court, Titania, came to Robert then and told him it was because he was the Chosen of the Seelie. He must fight the enemies of the Seelie, wherever they may be. He was given powers by his fair benefactors. He knew he had to protect the world of the Seelie from the enemies of the Seelie court, Unseelie or otherwise.

Complications:
Homeless: He has lived on the streets for the last two years. He hasn't seen or heard from his family in that long.
Schizophrenic: He cannot tell reality from fantasy.
Cannot Control his Abilities: The Unseelie Fay can manifest at will. His summons may be unfriendly.

MOVEMENT AND STRENGTH DATA (Transformed)
Walking: 2 miles/hour; 30 feet/round; Running: 4 miles/hour; 60 feet/round
Jumping: Running 12 ft.; Standing 6 ft.; Vertical 3 ft.; Standing Vertical 2 ft.
Throwing Distances: 50 pounds up to 6 ft, 25 pounds up to 30 ft, 12 pounds up to 60 ft

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summon: Ardene (White), Cinnia (Red), Keelia (Brown), and Muriel (Blue) (Friendly Seelie folk)

PL 6: 90/90pp

Abilities and Defense (16pp)
Strength: -2; Agility: 2; Fighting: 0; Awareness: 0
Stamina: 0; Dexterity: 4; Intellect: 0; Presence: 0
Dodge: 9 (5 pp), Parry: 9 (9 pp) , Fortitude: 6 (6 pp), Toughness: 3 (3 pp) , Will: 6 (6 pp)

COMBAT
Initiative: +10; Close: +0; Ranged: +4
Grab: +7 (Special DC 17) Range: Close
Elemental Blast: Ranged Damage Multiattack +6 (DC 21)
Elemental Cone: (Damage area cone (60 feet) DC 21)
Brambles: (Environment: Impede Movement 2, selective, 5 ranks (500 feet))
Fairie Fire: (Environment: Heat 2, Light 2, selective, 3 ranks (120 feet))
Elemental Whirlwind (Damage burst area (30ft), selective, DC 21)
Unarmed: +0 (DC 13) Range: Close

SKILLS: Acrobatics +2 ; Athletics -2 ; Close Combat: Unarmed +0; Ranged Combat: Elemental Blast +6; Deception +0; Insight +0 (0 pp); Intimidation +0; Investigation +0 ; Perception +12 (4 pp); Persuasion +0 (); Stealth +19 (5 pp); Technology +x

ADVANTAGES: Languages 2 (Old English, French, German), Interpose, Improved Initiative 2

POWERS:
  • Hard-Light Powers(Array: 15 + 4pp)
    • Hard Light Blast "Elemental Blast" (Ranged Damage 6, accurate 1, Multiattack)
      Hard Light Barrage "Elemental Cone" (Damage area cone (60 feet) 6, selective)
      Hard Light Net "Brambles" (Environment: Impede Movement 2, selective, 5 ranks)
      Light Flare "Fairie Fire" (Environment: Heat 2, Light 2, selective, 3 ranks)
      Hard Light Bomb "Elemental Whirlwind" (Damage burst area (30ft) 6, selective)
    Flight 2, wings (2 pp)
    Telepathic Communication 2 Limited: Can only communicate to Robert Kirk(6 pp)
    Hard Light Forcefield "Fairie Protection" (Deflect 6, Reflect) (12 pp)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family information

Father: Theodore Fredrick Kirk
Mother: Renae Evelyn Kirk
Sister: Patricia Evelyn Wardwell
-- Husband: Drew Estaban Wardwell

While none of his family are angry with him, each of his relationships are strained in their own way. The father sometimes wishes that his son would leave the family and never return, though he would never admit this, even to himself. His mother has accepted that her son will likely never return home. Instead Robert will always bounce from mental institution to the streets for the rest of his life. To an extent, she has written him off as being dead, in mind if not necessarily in body. The sister Patricia is the most optimistic of the family. She occasionally walks by homeless shelters, parks, and alleyways. She hopes that one day she will see her brother and be able to convince him to come home. Her newly married husband supports this, at least openly.
Last edited by nowhereman2 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:20 am, edited 7 times in total.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I personally find this character pretty fascinating and terrifying at once. The ability to mold reality as if it were clay, in the hands of a man who's delusions are now made true. Yet at the same time, having these delusions might actually be limiting his power artificially. Who knows what he could be capable of if he was fully aware of what was and was not, originally at least, real?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

First impression: You'll want to rename those powers to something more appropriate to what you describe them to be. Also, someone with THAT MUCH LUCK, probably isn't homeless. It seems contrary.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just an update on my present status regarding this game:

Work is still a dumpster fire, but getting more manageable as we hire a few new part-timers to replace the ones that quit/fired (Someone was caught thieving, discovered while investigating a different, still firable but not criminal, offense).

Work is still progressing on getting a new store manager, and my time is being spent a lot on training the new people, especially someone for opening and closing shifts, since one of the employees we lost was a keyholder.

So we are still recruiting, and I am still plotting, but I still don't have the time to actually run the game yet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Still working on my character - glad to hear that things are going a little better at work.

Character is not coming together the way I envisioned, i am keeping the basic concept, but reworking it.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Same here. Character still in progress.just can't seem to be inspired by his powerset yet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

All good. The whole reason I started the recruitment knowing it would be a while before I could even run was that I figured the concept is a little different than your average superhero game, much less a higher powered one, so would be beneficial to give lots of time to flesh out characters.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Submissions so far:
"Sandman" by bladewind.
Jack of All by Doctor Malsyn. Mentalist.
Lloyd Lee Tremblay by supernaturalist. Paragon.
Spark by jmucchiello. Electricity Controler.
"Illusionist" by nowhereman2.

Withdrawn submissions:
Destiny by jmucchiello. Oracle