[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Shadow of the Past

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Tamati tried to keep his head steady as the voice droned on

"Good work Mr Stevens, now just look forward at the light .."

"Great now close that eye and open your right eye, keep looking straight at the light"

"Open both eyes look up, look down ... excellent I think we are done now"

Blinking slightly Tamati stood up, it felt like he had been inside that contraption for ages "So Doctor, just bad is it?" Tamati asked the optometrist

"Well to be honest from what I can see here everything looks fine, why did you think you had bad eyesight again?"

"Umm I was playing paintball and just couldn't hit anything I was aiming for" Tamati knew it sounded "bad" as soon as he said it

"Hmm so I take it there has been no blurred vision or headaches then? Look I will examine these photos and readings more closely and send you a report in a couple of days but honestly I think your eyesight is perfectly normal ..." as Tamati shook hands with the doctor and left the consulting room he was sure he heard the doctor mutter under his breath

" .. kid just need to practice more .."

As he paid for his consultation Tamati noticed the receptionist seemed to be staring, catching her eye

"Oh sorry Mr Stevens" she said "I was just wondering where your from as I couldn't place your accent"

"Tamati is fine thanks, I'm from New Zealand, just been travelling round the country for the last year or so and ended up here" Tamtai replied with a half smile on his face, the receptionist was in her early twenties and had some of the biggest brown eyes he had ever seen.

"I am going to be at Fat Eddies just after 6 tonight, can I buy you a drink or even something to eat?" he asked on the spur of the moment.

The next morning he returned to the base after enjoying the large breakfast Maria insisted on making for him. Walking into the room Tamati caught the end of Juno's response to her mother.

"Sorry did I hear right Juno, did you just say you're leaving?' Tamati asked realising from her resemblance to Juno the older woman must be Juno's mother.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Miranda is a little awed at the entrance Juno's Mother makes. And since she's not wearing her Arca-Knight mantle its not well hidden.
She has a lot of questions, but clearly this is a very personal matter.
from her bag, Kiera produces a journal, stuffed with transcriptions, pictures, diagrams and notations

"Give it a read junebug," Kiera says, "If you still think I'm chasing windmills after you're done, than that's the end of it."

"Mother," Juno answers exasperatedly, "you're going to do this whether i'm there or not."

"And without you, neither your mother or I will be coming back. But you're right. I've let Anna's memory and last promise rule me for too long. the dead aren't supposed to lead the living, and even with the truth, she may as well be. "

there's a subtext to her words, unexplained, before Juno takes the smaller woman in a daughter's embrace at unspeakable news

"No. we're finding her together. we gave her more than enough time to find her own way, she'd want us to find her. Of course I'm going with you mother."

Not wanting to interrupt what is clearly an important and touching family moment, she gingerly starts peeking at the journal trying to get a look at some of the images and such, this adventure was clearly going to involve magic of some form and that made her irresistibly curious.

Mustering up the nerve to interrupt Miranda speaks up. "While I hate to stick my nose into private family business, is there anything we can do you help?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 4
Cnd: FIne
Favored Environment: Inactive

After the fighting at the Shadow outpost had concluded Sky Guard encouraged any among the Guardians with an investigative skillset to ask their questions or support the operatives if they were inclined to do so. Ven, himself, did not linger. After tending to the injured he departed once he was no longer needed.

When not seeing to social obligations, or outside of working in a joint endeavor, Sky Guard was a solitary person. His free time was spent alone and the other Guardians would note that he didn't spend much time indoors unless a social event were taking place inside. He was not often idle though. In the days leading up to the visit from Juno's mother Ven was out flying. Exploring, initially, he came upon the Coast Guard conducting a search and rescue operation, and would up aiding in their effort to find a family whose vessel had sunk in a storm. They'd only managed to find one of them, a middle aged wife and mother of four. The husband and children were missing. Presumed dead.

When Kiera arrived at the property Ven was perched on the edge of the main building's room, thinking about heading out to sea to take another look for the woman's family. Before he could go though, sky blue eyes looked out over the driveway, having noticed the vehicle she drove and the dust it kicked up from some distance off. With whit wings folded behind him his head followed the path of the woman and he watched as Juno arrived to greet herm. When his teammate introduced her mother to the group Sky Guard spread his wings and stepped off the roof using his feathered limbs to arrest his fall, he set down nearby. A gloved hand raised to greet Kiera, then he looked between Miranda and Tamati, as they each asked the two questions that came to mind. Rather than say anything, he listened for now.
Last edited by Sakuro on Mon May 18, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 pm Miranda is a little awed at the entrance Juno's Mother makes. And since she's not wearing her Arca-Knight mantle its not well hidden.
from her bag, Kiera produces a journal, stuffed with transcriptions, pictures, diagrams and notations

"Give it a read junebug," Kiera says, "If you still think I'm chasing windmills after you're done, than that's the end of it."

"Mother," Juno answers exasperatedly, "you're going to do this whether i'm there or not."

"And without you, neither your mother or I will be coming back. But you're right. I've let Anna's memory and last promise rule me for too long. the dead aren't supposed to lead the living, and even with the truth, she may as well be. "

there's a subtext to her words, unexplained, before Juno takes the smaller woman in a daughter's embrace at unspeakable news

"No. we're finding her together. we gave her more than enough time to find her own way, she'd want us to find her. Of course I'm going with you mother."

Not wanting to interrupt what is clearly an important and touching family moment, she gingerly starts peeking at the journal trying to get a look at some of the images and such, this adventure was clearly going to involve magic of some form and that made her irresistibly curious.

Mustering up the nerve to interrupt Miranda speaks up. "While I hate to stick my nose into private family business, is there anything we can do you help?"
Juno passes the journal to you.

"given my daughter's letting you read that," Dr. Faircraft explains, "I'm presuming you're the wizard. We'll probably need you to cast the ritual to get us where we need to go, but beyond that, this unfortunately, is something only family can do. blood family."

she stresses the last point, and with the journal in hand you see why. its one for passage into a mystic realm, using the one sought as a destination point, the intense personal connection only family can have meant to bypass wards and protection that would make this impossible otherwise, and at the same time making the travellers passage undetected from what powers that would be watching. and what's more telling...

"It's a one-way trip," Juno explains, having read over your shoulder, "Even if we succeed, we're stuck there, because there'd be nowhere on Earth we'd be safe."

"Luckily," Dr. Faircraft continues, "the gods owe my daughter several favours, including a standing offer of... let's say hospitality from Artemis."

"Mother!" Juno shouts, but from her blush, clearly not opposed to that possible outcome

"the point is, we'll be safe, when we pull this off."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Okay one way trip and magic not much he could do to help thought Tamati as he caught up on what was happening and once again the Greek gods were real, does that mean Maui could have been real as well?

"Good luck with your trip Juno" Tamati offered "And I hope you both find what you are looking for."
stavaros_the_arcane

kreuzritter wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:52 am
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:21 pm Miranda is a little awed at the entrance Juno's Mother makes. And since she's not wearing her Arca-Knight mantle its not well hidden.

Juno passes the journal to you.

"given my daughter's letting you read that," Dr. Faircraft explains, "I'm presuming you're the wizard. We'll probably need you to cast the ritual to get us where we need to go, but beyond that, this unfortunately, is something only family can do. blood family."

she stresses the last point, and with the journal in hand you see why. its one for passage into a mystic realm, using the one sought as a destination point, the intense personal connection only family can have meant to bypass wards and protection that would make this impossible otherwise, and at the same time making the travellers passage undetected from what powers that would be watching. and what's more telling...

"It's a one-way trip," Juno explains, having read over your shoulder, "Even if we succeed, we're stuck there, because there'd be nowhere on Earth we'd be safe."

"Luckily," Dr. Faircraft continues, "the gods owe my daughter several favours, including a standing offer of... let's say hospitality from Artemis."

"Mother!" Juno shouts, but from her blush, clearly not opposed to that possible outcome

"the point is, we'll be safe, when we pull this off."
Miranda studies the journal carefully as she answers. "You presume correctly, Ma'am. Hmm, I see. For a spell to bypass defenses as elaborate as this implies you'd definitely need something as strong a connection as blood as the anchor. I will help you with the set up and casting, having someone on this end will keep things stable until you get where you're going. Less chance of anything going wrong in transit."

She looks up from the book. "What I'm not sold on is you two being stranded at your destination. Even if you never want to leave I don't like the thought of not having the option. And while I can't offer anything on par with favors from literal divinities, I'm not letting a friend dive into danger without all the help I can lend. Trying to make something to do the reverse of this ritual would probably take years of research and resources I don't have, so I can't do anything on that front. However, the Arcan-Knights have agents and connections in a lot of worlds and realms; as a member in good standing, even a junior one, I can give you their 'magical contact info' so to speak and if you call they will recognize you as an ally and lend aid if they can. Its not much and I can't promise how much influence the order might have in the realm your going but it never hurts to have friends in unexpected places. Even if you can't safely come back to this world, having options is never a bad thing."

"It's been a pleasure working with you Juno, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'll miss you." The she buried herself in the notes again, she was going to get every detail of this right for her team mate. It was the least she could do.
kenseido

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by kenseido »

All

Outside where the press conference originally took place, Arca Knight has made preparations for the ritual. At the center of the circle stand Juno and her mother. A small knife in each of their hands ready to add a few drops of blood at Miranda's signal; the trigger to activate the ritual and send them to their lost loved one.

Around the circle stand each of the teammates along with Frank and Sanzel.

"It's been an honor to know you. Good luck," Sanzel says.

"Stay safe," adds Frank.
Everyone can add their good-byes.
Last edited by kenseido on Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

Kit just looked on and nodded. "Good luck.", is all Kit said. He was out of his depth and it was a moment for someone else. He knew well enough to stay on the sidelines at times. This was one of those times.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Inactive

With his wings folding behind his back Sky Guard observed and listened, but made not move to interject himself into situation. Relocating with the group to the back of the house the winged man remained quiet until all was set and it looked as though Juno would finally be departing. Lifting his hand he held the palm towards Juno and her mother in a frozen wave.

"Till we meet again."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Tamati was fascinated watching the ritual unfold in front of his eyes then as the others said their farewells Tamati added

"May you find what you are looking for and thank you."
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

"If you ever reach Olympus, look us up," Juno says, before nodding to Arca-knight specifically in thanks for setting things up, and at the signal, daughter and mother take the knives to their respective hands, spilling the required blood, before they vanish in a column of hellish flame, to begin their quest in the realms of the God of War.
stavaros_the_arcane

kreuzritter wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 am "If you ever reach Olympus, look us up," Juno says, before nodding to Arca-knight specifically in thanks for setting things up, and at the signal, daughter and mother take the knives to their respective hands, spilling the required blood, before they vanish in a column of hellish flame, to begin their quest in the realms of the God of War.
"Travel safe, Be Well." Arca-Knight says before the spell activates and the two vanish.

She slumps, feeling drained both physically and emotionally by the task she just finished.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Power Play

After Juno's departure, there is a lot of unusual gang activity in the city. Then a week later you receive a hurried call on the police band...
Guardians, the Nine Titans just hijacked 3 tankers full of liquid nitrogen and are speeding westbound on 610! Officers in pursuit but we need your help. Can you assist?
The Nine Titans are one of the local gangs.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus

Ka-Pow! Sky Guard's gloved fist slammed into the jaw of the mugger, knocking him out in a single blow. He was helping up the man who had been the criminal's victim when the call came in over the radio. Police asking for the Guardian's to support them in vehicle chase. Quickly excusing himself he takes to the air.

"Sky Guard here, I am on the way."

Flapping his wings to gains height, then rising on thermals he rides the air currents while talking over the Guardian communication link to the rest of the team.

"Taheka, do you need Kit to give you a lift to the scene?"

There was a pause to give the elemental controller time to say his peace before Sky Guard chimed in again, this time to offer some advice one of his peers.

"Arca-Knight, you have one of the broadest set of abilities of our group. Be prepared to run damage control and manage vehicle traffic while others go on the offense."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Outside the house, Tamati was practicing using his water powers, he had set up a number of manikins on one of the extensive lawns and was taking his time blasting them away with a sheet of water or his new favourite tactic creating an orb of water head high in the middle of the manikins, it only lasted a second of two but Tamati was hoping it could be distracting enough to use in a group situation.

And then there was Maria ..

Was that something over the commlink, Tamati had gotten into the habit of either wearing it all the time or having it very closeby
Sky Guard wrote: Flapping his wings to gains height, then rising on thermals he rides the air currents while talking over the Guardian communication link to the rest of the team.

"Taheka, do you need Kit to give you a lift to the scene?"
Tapping the link "Thanks Sky Guard, yes I will need a lift. Kit I'm on the back lawn at the house." Taheka added not sure where the teleporter was, hmm gang members with chemicals not a good mix at all.

"Sky Guard can you leave some of them for us." Taheka added with a smile on his face that he knew the winged warrior couldn't see but hopefully he could tell from his voice it was meant jokingly.