[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Dropping his hand, probably cats and water, Taheka perked up at the sound of ninjas.

"Put things on ice maybe" Taheka offered helpfully before asking Kit

"Kit, did they say where they were taking the trucks to?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"We were going to deliver to an old baseball field outside of town."

"But given how public this is," another says pointing to news choppers in the sky, "nobody is there anymore."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

Still kicking back in only the way Kit can, he listens. "With the whole police chase, you probably weren't going to get paid anyway. I've never been a criminal, but arriving with a line of police cars at a drop site for a hand over just seems like a deal breaker. I don't suppose either of you have the number for your boss or how they were in communication with the client? You guys say client right or is it customer?", asks Kit.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Boss is probably in the wind, could be anywhere. Probably sunk his phone too. As for the Black Rose, no idea."

"Don't care. Didn't ask."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kreuzritter wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 pm Torako
HP 0
condition fine

"Woo, go team," the tiger-woman shouts to the other heroes excitedly, before collecting herself. "Oh, uh, right. I'm not on your team. heck, I'm an out of state hero. Sorry I didn't..."

and then she remembers why she's here, how she was supposed to tail these guys

"Ah nuts," she says, shoulders slumping as her excitement dims, "I don't suppose we can team-up for this one, can we?"
Arca-Knight stifles laughter at the mood whiplash. "I think we can persuaded to cooperate in light of your recent assistance."
kreuzritter wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:29 pm The tiger woman growl-groans

"Yeah, we're definitely teaming up. You've got ninjas."
Arca-Knight has a flashback to one of her more eccentric tutors in magical combat. The senior Ara-knight had been a little unhinged at times.

"A...tutor... of mine, once told me that ninja infestations are hard to get rid of. Something about the more of them you take down the more powerful the remainder become. Also that they can't catch you if you're on fire. I didn't ask them to elaborate."
kreuzritter wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm "Oh right, names. I'm Torako," she says, quickly bowing respectfully, "And I know them because, well, it's kind of a long story. Short version is they're a bunch of ninjas, even though I think they started in France or something? point is, they're bad mixed up in murder, kidnapping, drug running, and all that. I'm pretty sure they made me like I am somehow, wiping my memory of who I was, so that too. Once I figured out they were the bad guys, I turned on them and drove them out of Miami. then I heard they were here, and came up to investigate. No idea what they'd want with liquid nitrogen. Me aside, they're not exactly into the Mortal Kombat-give-the-goons-superpowers kinds of Ninjas."

After properly introducing herself, Arca-knight adds. "They definitely sounds like a group we do not want operating in our area either. I think we'd all be happy for assistance rooting them out."
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 1 +1 (GM award) = 2
Condition: Normal

Angela touches down softly (having freed the two officers and determined, to the best of her ability, that they were not too injured) and raises a hand in greeting to their unexpected ally. Oooh, this was a story that was eerily familiar to her. Made-to-order by some evil organization/villain, check. Inevitably rebelled and turned to the course of justice and rightenousness, check. Promptly kicked her old bosses' asses, check (although Angela had yet to get her boot on Doc Otaku's scrawny ass in person, yet).

"Liquid nitrogen can be used for cryogenic storage, for storing corpses and tentacle monster specimens and so on," Angela points out. "Or as a coolant, for ominous super-science devices. Either of those sound like what these Black Rose Syndicate people might be up to?" After a moment's thought, she adds, "also, where can we find the rest of them?"

These Nine Titans, who were neither nine nor titans, were quite clearly just disposable mooks. On the other hand Torako might know how to sniff out the Black Rose.
kreuzritter

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by kreuzritter »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:30 pm Angela
HP: 1 +1 (GM award) = 2
Condition: Normal

Angela touches down softly (having freed the two officers and determined, to the best of her ability, that they were not too injured) and raises a hand in greeting to their unexpected ally. Oooh, this was a story that was eerily familiar to her. Made-to-order by some evil organization/villain, check. Inevitably rebelled and turned to the course of justice and rightenousness, check. Promptly kicked her old bosses' asses, check (although Angela had yet to get her boot on Doc Otaku's scrawny ass in person, yet).

"Liquid nitrogen can be used for cryogenic storage, for storing corpses and tentacle monster specimens and so on," Angela points out. "Or as a coolant, for ominous super-science devices. Either of those sound like what these Black Rose Syndicate people might be up to?" After a moment's thought, she adds, "also, where can we find the rest of them?"
"Unfortunately," Torako replies, "if I knew that, I wouldn't have to tail these idiots."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2

"Good luck with the cops.", quip Kit as he starts falling back into a portal appearing with the others. Before starting on the team, Kit promised himself he wold stop showing off as much. Old habits are hard to break though. Resisting the fun of it all just isn't possible for Kit. As much as he hated to admit it, he did the heroing for the fun as much as the whole being a good guy motive.

Having joined the others, Kit asked the obvious. "Looks like we got ourselves a new team member. I'm not the most tech savy, but if we could find the boss who put these mooks on the job we might be able to use their phone to trace back their employers. After that, I've got nothing.", remarks Kit.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

A singular not was given in response to Torako's introducing herself. Though he listened to the ensuing dialog Sky Guard remained reserved, watching over the scene from his height advantage until the criminals are taken by the police and Kit has rejoined the group that was discussing how to proceed.

"Did any of the thugs have communication devices on them … or, as Angela asked, do we know the location of the gang's headquarters?"

He pauses before looking directly to Kit, as he had taken point in questioning the thugs and generally acting as the team's go between in social matters.

"Perhaps the police know something about their operations. The Ninetitans are a local gang. It is also possible the Black Rose Society may endeavor to employ other gangs in the area. The police may have noticed unusual criminal activities if that is the case."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2->1

"I did hang out with a few of the cops a couple nights ago at this bar they liked. It was off the beaten path, but they got crazy! There was this woman Erica who drank the rest of the cops under the table. Next morning, before she had to go off to work, turns out she was a detective. She was in a bit of a rush to get home to get her work clothes, so I never did ask which division.", says Kit fondly thinking back.

Coming to something of a point, he continued. "She might know something about any unusual crimes or where the Black Roses may be operating.", remarks Kit before pulling out his phone.

Hey Erica! Nice to hear your voice. Its been too long. Offer for dinner is still open if you're insterested., began Kit when she picked up. Anyway I can ask you a favour? You've heard of that truck heist by the nine titans right? Well seems they were working for Black Rose Society. This evil band of ninjas or something. Been any activity lately that might tell us where they set up shop? Maybe some area where crime has gone down or the old gangs have been run out?, asked Kit.
Persuasion 13...reroll!
Persuasion 13 + 10 = 23
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

"Oh, hey Kit. Pretty crazy around here. I got transferred to the gang taskforce. I think half the department is on it. Yeah, Black Rose. They seem to be coordinating all of the gangs. There has been a rash of odd thefts across the city. Liquid oxygen tanker trucks, a bunch of kilns from a ceramics manufacturer, a shipment of microwaves from China, a bunch of Victorian statues from city hall - Mayor is trying to cover that up, say its part of some decorating project, so you didn't hear it from me. Also, all of the electrical cabling was stolen from a subway station and a grocery store had it's entire canned fish inventory stolen."

"I am going to be working through the weekend on this one, but give me a call on Tuesday if you want to get together or something."
Angela can make a Technology check, DC25 to determine the use for the items if Ysariel doesn't already know.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Angela tells everyone that most of those components are used in the manufacturing of superconductors.

The liquid nitrogen, liquid oxygen, and kilns have practical applications in manufacturing. The statues have a barium-copper alloy, and microwaves have yttrium oxide filters, both can be used as a base for a superconductor.

She has no idea about the fish products.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

While Kit was talking to his police contact Sky Guard remained atop the truck's roof. With the relative height advantage he monitored the area, panning his eyes over the scene. Once conversation was renewed, first with Kit's update on stolen items and then Angela's analysis of what these things could be used for, Ven joined in with his assessment and more questions.

"Then they intend to do something involving electricity. Is that something we can use to track them down? Would they be pulling from the power grid, or generating some electrical output that could be measured?"

He paused a moment to give the others an opportunity to think on that before offering another idea.

"There is also the option of confronting and interrogating higher ranking members of the gangs involved in these thefts."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The Niners were pretty vague about their boss like they were trying to avoid specific questions. The gang unit also probably has some ideas about where he hangs out.

Some sort of detector to track the items would require an Inventor advantage. Ritualist is a stretch but I will allow it if aa reasonable justification is made.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1

After hearing what items had been stolen and Angela's assessment of what they were ging to be used for, Tamati was relieved that he hadn't suggested that he thought the items were to be used for some really fancy homebrew kit, the statures were a bit weird but if they were hollow then they would have made awesome kegs.

"Yeah that makes sense Skyguard, though the fish is just really weird unless they have some sort of sea monster they want to keep feed. " Tamati replies to Skyguard then with a self reflecting chuckle "maybe they're hanging out at some kind of fishfarm for all we know. I wonder those guys have been very vague about their boss, I am sure they have a good idea where to find him, don't you guys?"