[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued next round

"Cutting and running already? These are horrible villains. They remind of the ones you send to make the good guy look good clearing out a whole room when really the good guy actor has no skill at all.", says Kit. Looking in the distance, he forms a portal like a frisbee and throws it like one in the exact same direction as #4 with it expanding as it goes until its big enough to wash over the flier. "Can't let them escape so easily now can we? His friends would get lonely in jail.", adds Kit.
Power Stunting: Perception Range Teleport Attack with increased mass 4 9
Vs #4 to teleport them as a mile strains too much credibility for 2 and 6.
Dodge save of 19
Idea is to teleport them back next to Juno
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

#4 sees the portal stop in front of him and panics, causing his boot rockets to fire wildly which somehow causes him to miss it completely.
#4 Dodge save vs Kit: 1d20+9 25

Skyguard is up
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 1
Cnd: -1 Dmg Res (Regen next turn)
Favored Environment: Defense Shifted

With the remaining enemy combatant retreating and dispersing Sky Guard delivers a quick shout to his comrades.

"Angela, grab Juno and go after #6. Acra-Knight, take Kit and get #4."

The winged man circled his teammates once over head, the dived down towards the limo wreckage and picked up a sheet up metal. Then he flew over to Taheka and scooped up the water elemental in the sheet metal, as his arms and hands could not maintain a hold on his teammate. Once this was done he beat his wings hard in and effort to catch up with #2, and gave chase.
OOC wrote:I'll use Athletics to try and push Sky Guard's Flight speed by +1. Athletics: 1d20+12 23

That meets the DC 15 requirement. He has Flight 7 for this round, so he can keep up with the enemy. Sky Guard will pick up Taheka and carry him into attack range of #2 with a double Move Action.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka is up
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0 LP: 0
Condition: Bruise x 1

Riding on top of the sheet of metal that Sky Guard has procured Taheka had to concentrate to maintain his aqueous form from the force of the wind as Sky Guard rapidly closed the gap on the fleeing villain.

"Sweet, just a little bit closer ... and .. now"

Offering encouragement as the distance closed Taheka raised his arm again sending another watery blast towards Force Werks Number 2. Whether it was the fact he was in the air rather than secure on the ground but the force of his attack was weaker than his last couple of attacks.
Taheka Water Blast
Taheka Blast Attack: 1d20+10 25
DC25 Toughness Save
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka

Your blast catches him on the side, causing him to roll in the air but doesn't cause any damage.

"AHHH!!! Stop chasing me, you nutjobs! I'm running away."
#2 TOU save vs Taheka: 1d20+11-3 25

Angela and Juno are up.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

"Forget them!" Juno shouts, turning her attention to the wrecked car, pulling it open in the hopes of saving anyone who was still in there when the fireball exploded
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Juno

You rip off the door to reveal what Taheka has already seen, the limo is empty.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
Condition: -2

Angela strongly disagreed with Kit. In her opinion really good villains tended to escape over and over again because the writers wanted to keep them in play, it was the fodder who could afford to be beaten cleanly in a fight. She did rather hope Kit was right and these guys turned out to be the latter, though.

Synthetic flesh flows together and melds as her self-repair systems kick in, covering the myomer network of her muscle and bone beneath a veneer of human skin once again (and seconds later, the glossy purple fabric of her costume). The android nods at Sky Guard, only to skid to a halt mid-step as Juno instead turns to the wrecked car, looking for survivors. She pauses, making sure her teammate did not need help, then takes to the sky hot on the heels of #6.

OOC
Switch array to Minovsky drive (Flight 8, radar concealment) then double move to follow #6, assuming I can follow.

Just in case I need one to find him, here is a perception roll too: 1d20+8: 19 [1d20=11]

Angela only has enough speed to follow with her array set to flight (which turns off most of her attacks), but I do have a plan in mind that can only be done on the next turn. [/quote]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Angela

You quickly catch up to #6 who is surprised by your sudden arrival.
Your sheet shows Flight 10, but even Flight 8 is fast enough to catch him in a single move action as the speed doubles at every rank.

You still have a Standard action left. You can use an Interaction skill or possibly Slam him using Flight speed for damage, but you take 1/2 damage.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Force Werks

#2 and #6 fire away at their pursuers while #4 blissfully continues his escape.
#2 Blasters vs Skyguard: 1d20+11 28
#6 Blasters vs Angela: 1d20+11 24
DC24 Toughness to each of you/

Arca-Knight is up
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sorry, Arca-Knight and Kit are up.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
Condition: -2 > -3

Angela soars through air fast as a jet fighter, surrounded by a comet-like halo of glowing blue particles. Doc Otaku had named her Minovsky drive after some kind of fictional particle in some mecha anime. In truth no Minovsky particles existed; the glow was a side effect and her flight was the result of reactionless graviton drives installed in her shoulderblades and ankles.

Because that was the way Doc Otaku did things. He was obsessed with his various hobbies and niche interests and everything about him was a reference to them. When she thought of that, a fierce, irrational jealousy arose in her. She wanted him to be obsessed with her, even though she knew rationally all the horrible things he had done.

Bryan's voice crackles in her earpiece. "Angela, are you alright? You've been thinking a lot lately."

She has, indeed, been thinking a lot. When she first broke free, her thoughts were simple: do the right thing, defend the innocent, make friends and protect them, have lots of ice cream. Her goals were simple: defeat Doc Otaku and villains, free the Angel Androids from his control.

But recently, she has been thinking more. About why she was made and what she was made for, and other things. Just yesterday, she had an unsettling thought: would Doc Otaku make another, better W.A.I.F.U., now that she ran away? He did it once; surely he could do it again. Blue light pulses rapidly along the strands of her optic-fiber hair as she thinks.

She looks up at the sky, smiling. "You can tell what I'm thinking?"

"I'm monitoring your neural network. Just... just in case. Don't worry, I can't actually read your thoughts."

"You're welcome to," Angela suggests, with a provocative lilt that he knows all too well.

A groan. "No thank you," Bryan says. "Your privacy is important. Just because I can doesn't mean--"

She closes her eyes, composes a digital picture of herself and Bryan based on optical data. Both of them, nearly nude, entwined between the sheets, the articles of her costume and his T-shirt and jeans half-removed and scattered over the surrounding furniture in the throes of passion. Then she mails it to his phone.

"Angela!" he chokes. She can feel his blush through the commlink. "Stay focused!"

"I am focused," Angela says, beaming shamelessly. "Watch."

Her targeting systems lock on to the fleeing Force Worx member below her. Being a mere human in a suit, with that much more volume occupied by inefficient flesh and bone instead of high-performance synthetics, he was doomed to be weaker. "SURPRISE DELIVERY!" she screams as she pivots around in mid air and comes zooming down on #6 like a homing missile, feet first.

OOC
Sorry for responding late to your PM!
As you recommended, as a standard action, Slam attack on #6 at a -2 attack penalty. Then DC 20 toughness check (half damage) for herself
1d20+10-2: 15 [1d20=7]
1d20+10-2: 15 [1d20=7]

Ooof. I think a 15 is a miss. If somehow it is a hit, DC 25 damage for flight rank 10.
Angela takes another -1 (3 total).
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Okay, that misses.

Kit and Arca-Knight are up
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

"Want a lift?", says Kit to Arca-Knight. "That last shot took a bit out of me, so we may only have one chance for this. The trip will take a little longer, but it will get us there.", adds Kit as he opens a portal to within striking range of the fourth combatant. Visibly breathing heavier, he steps through the portal.
Extended range teleport gives 120 miles. Should be enough to catch #4. Given his fatigue and no more HP, its up to Arca-knight now.