[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by kenseido »

Angela

Angela recalls the initial call from the police indicated the tanks are full of liquid nitrogen.

As she flies over to the police car that crashed, she sees the officers appear okay, but stuck in the car. With a little effort, she is able to free both of them from the vehicle so they can get to a safe place.
Take an HP for that

And Kit is up
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

With everyone safely deposited at the scene, Kit set to work. There was still two trucks to take into account. Taking a a step, he pops into the cabin of one of the two remaining trucks. "Hey guys, mind if I step in here? Its not safe to drive so sporadicly with a dangerous load.", quips Kit. He had a rep to keep up. Couldn't just be a simple hero after all. Gotta have some flair. "Now whatever you do, don't look into the light.", adds Kit as he opens two mini portals in front of the gangers that spews out energy.

If the gangsters go down, Kit didn't want the truck swerving out of control. It would be too dangerous. So, he did what he was good at, a stunt. While he'd only done it in a controlled environment before, there was plenty of times where he would grab a wheel of a moving vehicle. Gripping the wheel and reaching out with his feet, he tries to get the truck to a safe stop.
Move: teleport into cabin
Standard: multi attack portal blast each gangster 18 to hit and DC 25 toughness
Extra: Move to control vehicle
Portal Blast: Damage 10(Extras: Ranged +1/rank, Multiattack +1/rank, Accurate 2 +2/flat, Indirect 4 +4/flat)
Taking 10 to hit for 18 to hit each bad guy with multiattack and if it hits it DC 25 toughness save
Extra effort to steer the truck to a safe stop.
Vehicles 26
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

The driver gets out "What the..." as Kit appears before the blast takes him out.

Kit quietly takes control of the vehicle as the Niner hanging out the window continues hanging out the window trying to find a target to shoot.
They can't pass that save.

Back to the top of the round. Skyguard is up.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

With Skyguard delaying, Torako is up.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Torako
HP 1 -> 0
condition: fine.
Gonna try to stop the first truck head on, since it sounds like Tehaka stopped the second

strength: 1d20+12 16

no. I will not let my first roll of a new char be a fumble, especially when I'm trying to be cool. hp to reroll

strength: 1d20+12 22 + 10 reroll bonus for 32

and because this is probably gonna hurt...

Toughness: 1d20+12 21
As the first truck begins to swerve from its change in driver, Torako knows it has to be stopped, as she flies up to the truck, and matching it's speed, grabs the front without crashing into it.

then she plants her feet, counting on her impossible strength to be just movable enough an object to parry the truck, and gradually over these precious seconds, bring it's unstoppable force to a halt, so that it doesn't jackknife from the impact, or otherwise cause all the horrible things that could happen if it crashes.

and in the tiger-girl's brain, shaped by video game logic, she gets her teeth, mashing the buttons in this real life QTE, knowing lives instead of mere progress are at stake

"Nobody dies," she swears to herself once more
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Torako

Flying in front of the truck, Torako immediately signals to the Guardians that she is an ally by pressing into the truck.

Pushing ahead, her flight is unable to apply appropriate leverage to stop it so she finally places her feet in and brings the truck to a fast halt.

The front of the truck presses around Torako as the truck desperately tries to push past her but fails. It's is uncomfortable but causes no harm.

The third truck keeps speeding past the two stopped trucks.
Can't beat that roll, and even if they roll a 20, you still win by 5. So that means half damage from the truck, which you easily soaked with that roll.

Arca-Knight is up
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

With only one truck remaining mobile Arca-knight gathers her magical power and reaches out. A giant glowing arm comes into existence and grabs a hold of the truck and attempts to lift it so that its wheels are no longer touching the ground.

OOC: Arms of Asura: move object +10 (extra: damaging +1)
To hit 1d20+10: 18 Power Check 1d20+10: 15
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arca-Knight

Your glowing hand lifts up the truck off the ground. The driver tries to jerk the truck across lanes to avoid your magical grasp, but his wheels leave the ground preventing him from controlling the vehicle.
He rolled a 16, but I am giving you a +2 circumstance bonus since you are lifting the tanker up and it is well within your weight.

Combat is over, the remaining Niners won't resist anymore.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Torako
HP 0
condition fine

"Woo, go team," the tiger-woman shouts to the other heroes excitedly, before collecting herself. "Oh, uh, right. I'm not on your team. heck, I'm an out of state hero. Sorry I didn't..."

and then she remembers why she's here, how she was supposed to tail these guys

"Ah nuts," she says, shoulders slumping as her excitement dims, "I don't suppose we can team-up for this one, can we?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Spinning round after the trucks passed him, Taheka watched as the stranger flew in front of one of the trucks and somehow stopped it in its tracks

"Sweet, go muscles ... ahh tiger ... ohh girl .." Taheka said out loud as his brain caught up with the images unfolding in front of him. Hopefully no one heard him.

And wow the mage just picked up another truck like it was a toy car and somehow Kit was now driving the last truck bringing it to a stop just ahead of him.

Jogging to catch up to the others in front of him Taheka smiled as the tiger woman greeted them

"Team up sounds fine to me Taheka said relieved that another fight wasn't about to start "I'm Taheka, that was impressive stopping the truck like that." he continued offering out a watery hand in greeting.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

Kit steps through a portal and joins the others around the new comer. "The more the merrier I'd say, but not sure what there is left to do unless we can get them to talk.", remarks Kit shrugging his shoulders. "That reminds me, I'd better go see if any feel particularly chatty." , says Kit popping off again.

Stepping through another portal between two gang members, Kit puts his arms around their shoulders. "So, that was fun. Either of you feel like letting me know why you guys took those trucks? Seems a bit much for a gang to need. None of you are secretly super scientists or onthe payroll of one are you? You know, I hear goons get lighter sentences than the master minds.", encourages Kit in his friendly manner.
Persuasion 32, seems like Kit is the bad guy whisperer
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

"Boss is taking orders from the Black Rose Syndicate. They ordered us to steal them."

"No idea what they want them for."

"Don't care, didn't ask."
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

The tiger woman growl-groans

"Yeah, we're definitely teaming up. You've got ninjas."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 4
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

After the chase concluded Sky Guard flew over the area, circling it a few times to make certain there were no fleeing thugs that needed apprehending and no impending danger from further out. Then he descended and landed atop one of the truck's cabs. There he stood surveying the scene. As conversation stirs about he listens, eying the flying strong woman until there is a pause. At which point he interjects.

"Hello. I am Sky Guard. What do you call yourself?"

He waits to Torako an opportunity to respond before going on.

"You act as though you have previously encountered these villainous florists. Is there anything you can tell us about them?"
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

"Oh right, names. I'm Torako," she says, quickly bowing respectfully, "And I know them because, well, it's kind of a long story. Short version is they're a bunch of ninjas, even though I think they started in France or something? point is, they're bad mixed up in murder, kidnapping, drug running, and all that. I'm pretty sure they made me like I am somehow, wiping my memory of who I was, so that too. Once I figured out they were the bad guys, I turned on them and drove them out of Miami. then I heard they were here, and came up to investigate. No idea what they'd want with liquid nitrogen. Me aside, they're not exactly into the Mortal Kombat-give-the-goons-superpowers kinds of Ninjas."