[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

"Fish around here is pretty good, better than most places I've been to at least. They might just be hungry.", remarked Kit in a relaxed casual fashion. "It might be good fun to interrogate a bunch of gangs, but that might put us on the radar of the city which is trying to cover this all up. If you think the press were harsh before, just wait until the head lines start reading New Team in Town Clashes with Police Investigation.", added Kit.

Thinking for a moment, a thought struck him. "We stopped the shipment of one ingredient they need right? So for whatever they are trying to do they'll need another source. This stuff was never in my wheelhouse, but how common is Liquid Nitrogen by the truck load? Might not be too many places around here which store and sell the stuff. We could also just start working up the gang chain as well. Solve two problems at once. Gangs and the Black Rose.", suggested Kit.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Yeah hadn't thought of that, the police don't really know us yet and some of them can be very sensitive." Taheka replied to Kit

"So sounds like a plan then, chase the cold stuff and find their boss."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

Sky Guard raises an eyebrow after Kit describes sidestepping the civil authorities and running the Guardian's own gang hunting operation without the manpower, resources, or information network that were already in place and likely working on the task even now.

"There is no reason to step on the toes of law enforcement. We should be endeavoring to coordinate with them. Not run entirely segregated operations that may end up interfering with one another. The local law enforcement has manpower and information we need to operate efficiently. I would encourage you to make an effort to strengthen those ties, and offer our assistance in the Black Rose issue."

A subtle shake of the head is given after Kit and Taheka endorse the idea of chasing down another sizable shipment of nitrogen, even though they've admitted to not possessing an investigative background.

" Excuse me."

Hoping down from the roof of the semi Ven paces away from the group to where the police were preparing to take the two Niners to a car. Asking the officers to wait a moment, he places a hand on the shoulder of one of the thugs and endeavors to peer into his thoughts. Searching for a useful memory concerning their gang's leader.

"Are you sure you don't know where we can find your leader?"
OOC wrote:Sky Guard is going to use Mind Reading on the thug. First he's trying to get the man to think about the information he is looking for.

Deception: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26 to get the thug to think about the information.

Mind Reading: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18 the actual Mind Reading Power check.
Mind Reading 10 [Extras: Cumulative (+1/r) ; Flaws: Close (-2/r), Feedback (-1/r)]
Last edited by Sakuro on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Skyguard

"Hey man, it's like he's got whole bunch of hideouts all around town. He could be anywhere!"

What Skyguard sees in the man's mind is that while he is telling the truth, Cronus, the leader, always hits the pool hall first. He uses a backroom there to sleep in. You easily get the address of the pool hall and the codeword to get let back there by the bartender.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard

Sky Guard delivers a discontented 'hrrm' after the thug's response. He had gotten something, though he did nothing to voice as much in front of the criminals and police. Instead e thanked the officers for humoring him, then returned to the other Guardians.

"I have a possible lead on where Cronus, the leader of the Nine Titans, may be."

… Ven then proceeds to share the information he had gained from the thug's mind. Yet he withheld the manner in which he gained the information. They might have known the extent of his empathic abilities, but Sky Guard did not often talk about such things openly. After sharing the information with his companions Sky Guard looks to Kit.

"If you would like to pass the information on to your police contact we could help them apprehend him. I would also rather have their support to minimize collateral damage and limit the risk of civilians entering the scene of a potential conflict."
OOC wrote:Not meaning to cut people off from potential responses, but it felt better to rely the new knowledge to the other PCs for more informed discussion.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Meeting Cronis

You arrive at the pool hall and the man behind the bar gives very little reaction. When you provide him the password, he simply moves his hand under the bar and moves a lever that opens a hidden panel revealing a short flight of stairs that go down. As you go down, you can hear a man's voice call out from the door at the bottom "It's about time! I've been waiting 40 minutes for that pizza."

Wasting no time, you enter. Seeing an entire team of costumed heroes enter his "safe house," Cronus immediately folds.
“All right, hold up. You’ll find it all out soon enough anyway—just don’t tell ‘em it was me who told you. There’s a new mob in town, part of a big ring called the Black Rose something, taking orders from a freak by the name o’ ‘Oleander.’ They’re takin’ over the city’s underworld, one gang at a time."

“The gangs that go along end up on weird runs. ‘Steal some microwaves.’ ‘Get those cable spools.’ Weird. But Black Rose doesn’t like to hear ‘no.’ They got some strong fighters, and now it seems they got a super. A real one, not just a jobber in a suit, you know?”

“Well, here’s the deal. Tomorrow night, there’s a big meet-up. Them Black Rose called up damn near every crew in town and told them to show up at the old opera house—you know, the abandoned art deco place? I bet they’ll make their demand. Probably claim control of the city, kill anyone who refuses, all that.”
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Torako's fur bristles at the mention of Oleander

"Nobody dies," she says low, almost growling, before leaving the safe house
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

It was quite the amusing scene. Some of the people Kit used to work with would find it rather funny. Whatever it was though, it got results. "So standard shake down racket with super powers. I was hoping for some crazy botanical plan or ninja meeting we could walk in and make a clever quip. I have this writer friend who would know exactly what to say.", said Kit while assessing the leader for truthfulness or if he was hiding anything.

Busting up a large gathering of gangs might be fun. Of course, he'd have to tip off the cops to be ready and for publics relations. The tough bit would be not tipping off the possibly dirty cops or having ninjas spying on them.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

Kit can tell Cronus is not your typical hot-head gang banger. He sees himself more as a manager or CEO type, sitting above the rank and file gaming member, no longer getting his hands dirty.

He clearly recognized he has no cards to play here except to tell you everything. If he does, there is a slim chance you might let him go, but if not, he can at least claim he is being helpful.

He definitely seems to be telling you the truth as far as he knows it.
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 1 +1 (GM award) = 2

Angela nods with deep satisfaction, her mane of fiber-optic hair bobbing as she does. This sounds simple enough. They just have to show up for the showdown, arrive at the opera house, beat up the Black Rose's new super and dismantle their ominous doomsday device, all in a day's work. It was so convenient of the baddies to all gather in a single spot to be smashed, too. Of course, she is not going to blab out any of this where Cronus can hear it.

Of course, there was the question of how formidable that one super they had was, and what exactly their superscience gizmo actually did. After all, if you were broadcasting your demands to the city from an abandoned opera house (the most dramatic of supervillain-speech locations) one had to expect superheroes to arrive...

Angela watches Torako growl and leave the pool hall. "What was all that about?"

She turns to follow without a word, shutting the door firmly behind her. "So, this Oleander dude," she asks. "He's a killer?"

That in itself was unusual. Most supervillains in her (admittedly limited) experience were not killers. Hostage-takers and kidnappers, yes, and sometimes accidents happened when you were dealing with powers that could demolish modern military hardware, but murderers were very few.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1

"So all the gangs then, I am surprised none of them said nope not going?" Taheka asked curious that an outside gang could have so much sway with the existing gangs in town.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard

Walking in with the code phrase and confronting Cronus, then getting the information out of him with no interrogation, it wasn't what Sky Guard had inspected. He quietly stared at the gang leader as he spilled the beans on the Black Rose Society's meeting. Given how Kit was looking at the man, he watched for Kit's reaction to see if he gave any warning sign that the information was disinformation. Afterwards Ven's response was polite.

"That was very informative. Thank you Cronus."

Then he seemed to muse aloud to himself. Though as he did he looked between Taheka, Kit, and Cronus. Gauging each of their reactions to what he said.

"It would be nice to have an informant in the criminal world who heard things and told us those things. If only they and the people who worked under them stayed away from violent crimes."

There is a pause as Sky Guard looks to Kit and speaks directly to him

"I'll leave bringing him in, or not, to you."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

Kit shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know of any warrants out for him and hiding out in a pool hall with a pass code to see him isn't a crime. If I said we bring him in, I wouldn't know what to drop him off for.", replied Kit to Sky Guard.

Looking back at the gangster, Kit had one more question. "I gotta ask, do you think its trap with everything you've seen? Oftly convenient to assemble all the major players in one place just for a sales pitch thats accepted of declined on pain of death.", inquires Kit.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"I don't know. Seems like they got a plan and the gangs are doing what they want. But you know how short leashes are?"

"Whatever they are planning gotta be about you, though. You don't move into a new place without a plan for dealing with the biggest threat."
kreuzritter

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by kreuzritter »

Ysariel wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:37 pm Angela
HP: 1 +1 (GM award) = 2

Angela nods with deep satisfaction, her mane of fiber-optic hair bobbing as she does. This sounds simple enough. They just have to show up for the showdown, arrive at the opera house, beat up the Black Rose's new super and dismantle their ominous doomsday device, all in a day's work. It was so convenient of the baddies to all gather in a single spot to be smashed, too. Of course, she is not going to blab out any of this where Cronus can hear it.

Of course, there was the question of how formidable that one super they had was, and what exactly their superscience gizmo actually did. After all, if you were broadcasting your demands to the city from an abandoned opera house (the most dramatic of supervillain-speech locations) one had to expect superheroes to arrive...

Angela watches Torako growl and leave the pool hall. "What was all that about?"

She turns to follow without a word, shutting the door firmly behind her. "So, this Oleander dude," she asks. "He's a killer?"

That in itself was unusual. Most supervillains in her (admittedly limited) experience were not killers. Hostage-takers and kidnappers, yes, and sometimes accidents happened when you were dealing with powers that could demolish modern military hardware, but murderers were very few.
Torako takes a deep breath, and sighs

"Yes she is," she says, "Oleander was my superior in the society, and my teacher, filling me in on things I'd forgotten when I had my origin. I trusted her, and because of that a man is dead by my hands, and I never knew his name. it.. I still think about it, and it still sickens me. Oleander told me my first real mission was to do it again, to hurt a real bad guy, but then I found out I was supposed to kill Emily King, you know, the pop star?

"Finally realizing I'd been working for the bad guys, I turned all my attention to rooting them out of Miami, both on my own and telling everything I knew to the authorities. The last time I saw Miss Oleander, she looked, pleased, like I'd again done work for her.

"Whatever happens tonight, Nobody Dies."