Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:01 am

Helena

"Honestly, it's been awhile since then." she sniffed. "And how else are they bloody tracking us?"

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 am

Mergebane
HP: 1
Status: Normal
-o-O-o-

"Honestly, there could be a million ways they might be doing it. Maybe it's a metahuman with exceptional tra king abilities. " Ryou relayed with a shrug. "All this circling around though, you're right. We're getting nowhere."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

kirinke
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 am

Helena

"Then who is doing this?" she asked tiredly. "What being or group has the most to gain from this nonsense?"

jmucchiello
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by jmucchiello » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 am

Neo-Paladin wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 pm
" We are screened regularly", Halsey says. " So i can vouch for myself and this room."
"Did those words just come out of your mouth?" CJ asks. " 'I can vouch for myself'? Srsly?" (Yes, she says it so it sounds like it was written that way.) "I may still be in high school, but I'm pretty sure vouching for oneself is an oxymoron kind of thing. In order to be the voucher, you need to have the trust of the people you are vouching to."

Insight check: 1d20+10 30 (woot!)

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 am

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Remaining quiet, but equally impassive, M'Att raises an eyebrow at Halsey's comment.

An idea had begun to form earlier on how he might be able to scan the area for traps, magic or otherwise. But the idea had not borne fruit, at least not yet. M'Att could detect psionic energy, sense the presence of life and see in several spectrum. But certain energies were beyond even his formidable energies.

Insight: 1d20+5 24


OOC - a few pages back, I was going to use M'Att's variable to try and scan for magic via appropriate senses. However, I cannot justify that as part of the description of his Variable Array... M'Att will use his abilities to scan through the electromagnetic spectrum around all in the room and the room itself. Once he passes through the visible spectrum (Infrared, Ultraviolet) and then the Psionic Aura of each person (Detect Psionic Energy) as well as Detect Life. I would spend an HP for Inspiration... but I have none....
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:52 pm

Anyone with insight 20 or above: Halsey seems quite collected...but every now and then he exchanges a very brief glance with the girl from Xandar...who is getting subtly agitated. Something is definitely fishy here....

jmucchiello
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by jmucchiello » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 pm

(OOC: CJ reads Halsey's mind. Will DC 17. Subtle 2, and Insidious so no should notice.)

Reluctantly, CJ casts her powers into Halsey's mind. She doesn't want to read the exchange student if she doesn't have to.

pathfinderq1
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by pathfinderq1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:38 am

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

For a moment Anna stayed back in the corner, but as the others continued to speak she leaned forward. While she had been focused on Halsey, she caught a quick glance... And then she turned to where his attention had gone, leaning forward with the predatory intensity of a hunting cat. "So," she said to the Xandarian girl. "Anything you would like to share with the class?"




>OOC:
-Insight DC 20, 1d20+7= 24, roll https://orokos.com/roll/770416

-Shifting to full insubstantial, with Subtle 2 no one should notice right away.

kirinke
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Helena

The girl turned to the Xandrian and than to Halsey. "If I wasn't watching, which I was, I would not have noticed you glancing at her and she getting agitated." Helena remarked. "So please tell us what is going on." she grinned. "You are as they say 'busted'."

jmucchiello
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by jmucchiello » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm

CJ nods, "Saw it too."

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Interestingly, CJ finds absolutely nothing when she cans for Halsey's mind.

Halsey looks at the group as does the girl from Xandar...and both begin to speak in unison. " This is very unwise."

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2915
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Mergebane
HP: 1
Status: Normal
-o-O-o-

"...!" Eyes widening in surprise, Ryou takes a hesitant step back. His senses flair involuntarily in an effort to pinpoint whatever is affecting Halsey and the alien girl.

"M'Att, CJ-san..." He glances at the two telepaths, communicating his intent without need for word or thought.

OOC:
(Accurate Acute Analytical Radial Merge Awareness) Perception: 10
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

jmucchiello
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by jmucchiello » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

CJ stands up suddenly, "Halsey has no mind! Construct?" she exclaims. "And I think we've found our leak." She moves to where the other three aliens are seated. At the same time, she tries to read the Xandarian's mind.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

M'Att will dive at the Klingon, intending to go intangible and affect the Klingon too, dropping both through the floor.

Init: 1d20+8 22
Array set to Intangible, Affects others
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document


Post Reply